its a "new" NYC CLEAN TRAINZ thread!!!

IVO AKM KILLERZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious for a lil history lesson from some of the older dudes on here....clearly we have all recently seen the recent etch explosion on the trains, but around what year do you first remember seeing etch on the trains or on the streets for that matter????

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious for a lil history lesson from some of the older dudes on here....clearly we have all recently seen the recent etch explosion on the trains' date=' but around what year do you first remember seeing etch on the trains or on the streets for that matter????[/quote']

etching was around on the busses long before the subways, maybe since the late 1980s. i remember the back windows of busses being ragged. i think it was big in other cities (other than NYC) long before 98 as well. there are a few etch tags running on the subway in my city from 1989. that etch bath shit became part of the equasion around 98. im not sure but it probably started in cali. before etch bath fools used to use a small piece of 2x4 wraped in sandpaper to make them big squared off tags. then of course there were the drill bits and sanding bits - all that way before 98. the first person that showed me how to do it was from cali. and that was 1993.

etching was around on the busses long before the subways' date=' maybe since the late 1980s. i remember the back windows of busses being ragged. i think it was big in other cities (other than NYC) long before 98 as well. there are a few etch tags running on the subway in my city from 1989. that etch bath shit became part of the equasion around 98. im not sure but it probably started in cali. before etch bath fools used to use a small piece of 2x4 wraped in sandpaper to make them big squared off tags. then of course there were the drill bits and sanding bits - all that way before 98. the first person that showed me how to do it was from cali. and that was 1993.[/quote']

thanks to you too

there are a few etch tags running on the subway in my city from 1989.

...and what city might that be? whatever city it is, im sure their train cars and windows have been updated somewhat over the last 16 years - i doubt a 16 year old tag survived that. its hard to find a scratchie older than '92 in the new york subway system (not to say that they dont exist), so i doubt that whatever city you hail from has anything better than that.

...and what city might that be? whatever city it is' date=' im sure their train cars and windows have been updated somewhat over the last 16 years - i doubt a 16 year old tag survived that. its hard to find a scratchie older than '92 in the new york subway system (not to say that they dont exist), so i doubt that whatever city you hail from has anything better than that.[/quote']

if there is one etch tag on a train window done with drill bit the chance of it lasting 16 - 20 or even the entire life of the train car is not far fetched. now truth be told i havent rode the subway here in about 3 years, and the last time i saw that tag was around 2001, i remember riding the subway to/from work shortly after 9-11 for about 2 months. but again, what reason would the transit system have to replace a window that is not damaged other than a simple scribe tag that you can only really see in a certian light. I would be willing to bet this shit is still running but i have no way to prove it. and i have much better things to do with my time that ride the tain looking for a needle in a stack of needles to prove something to some yo yo on 12 oz prophet.

and i have much better things to do with my time that ride the tain looking for a needle in a stack of needles to prove something to some yo yo on 12 oz prophet.

haha fair enough. i dont care that much anyway...

Archived