If You Saw Someone Stealing a Bike

vanfullofretards

What would you do?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you that said you'd do nothing, if it was your bike would you want passerbys to do nothing?

Probably not, you'd want people to beat the shit out of the guy. So I don't understand that line of thinking.

NO!? Who in the right mind thinks that everyone should do something, because if it was my bike, I would want everyone to beat up the dude stealing it? What? Who thinks like that. Yes if my bike was stolen, sucks for me, but how is it anyone else's problem. I wouldn't expect anyone other than my immediate family or friends to do something if they knew/saw something happen. Why stick your nose in someone else's business, when it doesn't effect you at all?

What you need to do is take a step back and assess the situation. Yes it could be someone you know, but it also could be someone who you don't even know. Does this bike getting stolen effect your life at all? Chances are, even if it is by some chance, a friends bike. It' doesn't effect you at all. Yeah later on if you found out it was a friends bike or a neighbors, would they have done anything to stop it if they saw the same thing happen to your bike. Most likely no. Maybe call the cops, but that doesn't get anywhere, because its a fucking bike. Someone stole my cell phone I'd like to make a report! LOL. *Cop* ok we'll get right on it!

Why stick your nose in someone else's business, when it doesn't effect you at all?

Well some would say if you let the thief take that bike he might come back and take something else, maybe something of yours. So why not stop him now, so he won't be as willing to come back to your block?

In another sense, where does that line of thinking stop?

What if you were walking home and you saw someone just randomly smashing car windows? Would you feel the urge to stop him, or say something?

In a far more extreme case, what if you were taking a walk in the woods and you see a child getting raped. Would you stop the person then? Isn't that the right thing to do??!

Granted, a bike and a child are far from the same thing, but why isn't the principle the same?

Granted, a bike and a child are far from the same thing, but why isn't the principle the same?

One is a girl getting raped. One is an inanimate object being taking by a crackhead. A bike doesn't have feelings. A person does. I understand what your saying, but again, who cares? If it was in fact someone getting raped by a crackhead, by all means do what you think is best, but its a bike.Everyone has different opinions on what they think is the best course of action in situations like this. Some say handle it like a man and beat him up yourself, others say call the cops, other say who cares it's not your bike. Just do what you thinks right and leave it at that.I just feel that everything comes in full circle, so the crackhead will eventually get his.

What if you were walking home and you saw someone just randomly smashing car windows? Would you feel the urge to stop him, or say something?

In a far more extreme case, what if you were taking a walk in the woods and you see a child getting raped. Would you stop the person then? Isn't that the right thing to do??!

A: Either leave me alone, or pick up a brick and join in.

B: Principle is equal- you can ride either one of them hard.

nothing in the polls is admitting to anything illegal, other than technically the "do nothing" & the "offer a hand" (no sarcasm allowed) options. under citizens arrest, you could legally detain someone without using too much force until handing them over for stealing a bike & if he starts swinging, youre allowed to defend, again without using excessive force.. jus sayin

hank-hill.jpg