Calling the cops

CILONE/SK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY NOT BANG ON HIS HOOD UNTIL HE LEAVES??????????????????????

yes its all fine that you caught a pedophile, but the fact that your first instinct was to call the cops is a bad sign my man. mind your own business and whatnot.

im really on the fence as to whether i should be mad at you for being a snitch or commend you for catching a sickfuck. im currently weighing it out on my "how many fucks i give" scale or whatever.

mind your own business and whatnot.

If it's in his neighborhood and visible to him and his kids (and any other kids who are at the park), then it is his business in my book.

Edit: and sure, he could've confronted the guy, but you gotta assume someone who is going to visibly fuck in their car in the middle of the day in a residential neighborhood next to a park is either dumb or fucked up on something. You really think confronting him and putting his kids into potential danger is the right move?

If it's in his neighborhood and visible to him and his kids (and any other kids who are at the park), then it is his business in my book.

Edit: and sure, he could've confronted the guy, but you gotta assume someone who is going to visibly fuck in their car in the middle of the day in a residential neighborhood next to a park is either dumb or fucked up on something. You really think confronting him and putting his kids into potential danger is the right move?

idk man, the fact that you would tell on someone for getting it on in public seems like a pretty low standard for what you will and will not go snitch for. if i had seen it i would have A. closed my blinds and then B. went on about my business. or C. get it on tape and post it online for my amusement.. because at this point he isn't privy to the fact that this dude is fucking a child. if you got kids keep them inside, if you are that flustered about it, go confront him. idk why the police needed to get involved.

different scenario. say someone was outside selling drugs in the park instead, he is much more of a threat to have in your neighborhood than some dude fucking in his car. if he would have snitched and made a thread about it would people here be having the same attitude? i doubt it. you'd all be up in arms like "oh fuck you snitchin ass nurga" etc. etc. etc.

or better yet, say someone was hitting shit up in the park instead and he called it in, would you all be cool with that? snitching is snitching bro. it doesn't matter what the offense is. mind your own business and keep it moving.

Think what you want, we all have opinions. I live in a decent neighborhood and plan to keep it that way. I am trying to raise decent kids, not earn street cred. At a certain point/age, if you do not live in a "street" environment, street cred does not mean much. I grew up in a bad neighborhood, there is no way i am going back to that.

Also, like I have said, if this dumbass was not in front of everything, I would not have done anything, but he chose to park where everyone has to pass. I kind of think he subconsciously wanted to get caught. He was taking wwwwaaaaayyyyy too many risks.

• Like 1

I am laughing at IR, because he is digging up all those articles about 22 and 14 year olds. I would have never guessed there were that many instances with those two ages.

IR, I am about to send a PM.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/19123144/police-woman-indicted-molested-teen-at-gwinnett-county-shelter

Done

do what you do, if you want to live that kind of life, as a normal upstanding citizen or whatever, then thats fine. i understand the desire to have your kids grow up in a safe enviroment. but if you are into a criminal lifestyle (i.e. being a writer etc.) then you got to live by different rules, you can't have it both ways. like i said, if you had snitched on another writer, we'd all be looking at this from another point of view. my thing is, im not going to hold a civilian accountable for calling the cops because they are just playing their part, they are on that side of the law. but if you are out here habitually breaking laws and shit, you have a different set of code of ethics. the chief among those being don't talk to police.

im not some hardcore tough guy or any of that shit, i just think being a writer who also calls the police is hypocritical as shit.

While I did live that lifestyle, I have since moved on. I have been jailed for writing and have kept my mouth shut. We all are at different points in our life's with different things that we consider right/wrong.

I thought that fucking in a truck at in front of kids at the park was wrong. I did not think it was appropriate to make a scene in front of my kids, so I did what I consider a rational person would do.

If someone sold drugs at the same park or painted my house, I might or might not call the police. Each person does what they do based on what they think is a priority for them. Street cred plays very little in my priorities now a days.

• Like 1

I thought this over (yeah, I think about things I read on 12 oz when I'm not on 12 oz....yay me) and I believe you did the right thing under the circumstances. Note the two qualifiers- "you" and "under the circumstances."

My personal code is pretty simple. I don't talk to the cops voluntarily and I try really fucking hard to not talk about other people's dirt. In the rare cases where I just gotta share something with the world, I never mention specifics or even discuss it with anyone who might have been involved. That's how I was raised...you either handle shit or keep your mouth shut, especially when you are a third party. (Insert adamsblock.jpg here.)

The reason I moved to Oakland was to get the fuck out of the suburbs. I wasn't a bad kid/young adult, but my idea of having fun and the social contract where I grew up definitely did not jibe. I don't know why anyone would want to live where nothing's going on and the cops are bored...I guess settling down and having 2.5 kids is a good reason but it's not something I ever plan to do, and if it were to happen I really don't know how I'd deal with it.

Now I live where there's no end of trill behavior and barely any cops around, which is fine as long as no one fucks with me or my people. When it happens (not often) I deal with it and move on. I don't think I've ever seen a situation where the OPD got involved and made things right, thus I have no need for them even though I've seen a lot of crazy, fucked up shit living here...it's gotten to the point that it barely registers with me anymore. Most of it is stupid hood drama that doesn't involve me, but I've had to get in the middle of my fair share of bad situations when it was called for. Shit happens.

So as far as I'm concerned, you did the right thing as a parent and a resident of what appears to be a decent neighborhood. If were some wannabe scumbag graff dude that lived down the street from me, I'd probably bust your balls about it and think you should have stayed in the suburbs.

I can totally see where you "no cop calling" guys are coming from. I was there not that long ago.

Now, I am just trying to stay ahead of bills and raise my kids right.

It always surprises me at how much 12oz has grown up and the viewpoints have changed.

• Like 1

I've only called once to report an abandon stolen car in front of my building. Turned out I was right..

I think I'd only call emergency if I saw someone being raped or seriously attacked. Or someone stealing from me or my neighbors..

None the less, I appreciate your vigor. It is your neighborhood to protect as you see fit..

It's just, I remember my first car, and not having a place to fuck, I put a lot of miles on that back seat and it would have sucked having a cop tap on the window.

Same here, the Rambeler did it's fair share of rocking, but I took that shit to a drive-in, or a back road in the cuts somewhere. The burbs is not the place for that.