Paint advice for Sydney heads

hotsauceinthedickhole

have not touched a can in 10+ years and cannot believe just how much paint you can buy now!.

No offence to Ironlak or the people that use it but its crap, I noticed around empty cans of Crunch?.

Are there any Sydney heads here that can give a old guy advice on all the new paint out there and the best spots to get it (happy to pay to old to rack LOL)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

&Walid Jumblat, Good to see old writers on here, If you are in Sydney the Tempe St Vinnies had Navy blue and red Tuxans for $2!.

@Schnitzel, mates tell me its pretty bad. What was the old Ironlak formula like?.

What about the new ultra colors there look pretty nice with the female value?.

Anyone in Sydney still getting dulux sky blue LOL?

Man compared to Touch up and Tuxans ironlak holds up pretty well I think

I think people romanticise the old days a bit

Old formula Ironlak - was nice but faded really quick

New ultracolours- if you can get them cheaper than crunch ironlak - they'd be okay but I think they are a smaller tin (weight). The white sucked the black was comparable to ironlak/crunch

\

Dulux sky blue - came up on a box of 6 of the old female valve ones last year and used them up. after 10 years they are pretty sucky. but it was fun since we were doing 90's era sketches so 90's era paint.

try 567 king in Newtown HotSauce

They have a huge range of paints - pretty staggering really

or crockers at Sefton.

Thanks for the feedback,

I picked up a few cans from around Sydney and had time to give them a go. The new Ultra color have some really nice colors but the paint clogged 16 vegan caps within 20 mintues (all cans started with a fatcap and shaken for a good 5 minutes LOL). This was happerning with 50% of the colors, maybe a bad batch?.

Your 100% right I did not realise just how paint some of the paint was we used in the 90's.

Where is crockers?

Also is there a thread for Sydney cats?

Man compared to Touch up and Tuxans ironlak holds up pretty well I think

I think people romanticise the old days a bit

Old formula Ironlak - was nice but faded really quick

New ultracolours- if you can get them cheaper than crunch ironlak - they'd be okay but I think they are a smaller tin (weight). The white sucked the black was comparable to ironlak/crunch

\

Dulux sky blue - came up on a box of 6 of the old female valve ones last year and used them up. after 10 years they are pretty sucky. but it was fun since we were doing 90's era sketches so 90's era paint.

try 567 king in Newtown HotSauce

They have a huge range of paints - pretty staggering really

or crockers at Sefton.

Can't speak for them but I gotta say, I fucking love painting with Aussie export. Whilst some colours, such as the black and the white have worthless coverage other colours like the pinks, blues, purples, etc. are just fine and the style of can brings back awesome memories.

4 for $10 at supercheap at the moment as well.

Two of the greys, two pinks and a blue on this were exports. Colours are good and was the most fun I've had painting in ages.

7518969710_b03963e58e_z.jpg

IMG_8721 by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

• 1 month later...