Coppers fired over talking about offing Obama

UPS!

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2012/sep/29/tdmet01-richmond-officers-fired-over-alleged-obama-ar-2243535/

Two Richmond police officers fired in July for allegedly making inappropriate comments during a visit by President Barack Obama want their jobs back and are demanding public hearings from a city grievance board, their lawyer says.

The attorney, James Towey, a former director of the Virginia State Crime Commission, sent a letter Thursday to Richmond City Attorney Allen Jackson formally requesting that the hearings, which are scheduled for Nov. 14 and Dec. 12 before Richmond's Personnel Board, be open to the public.

The letter says the allegations against the officers were "false and/or greatly embellished" and that Mayor Dwight C. Jones pressured Police Chief Bryan T. Norwood to fire the officers before letting an internal investigation run its course.

The officers' cases involve "disturbing facts that shed light on dysfunction within the Richmond city government as well as instances of despicable misconduct by particular city leaders," Towey wrote. "The citizens have a right to be informed, through the presentation of evidence in open hearings, about misconduct committed at the hands of individuals whose salaries they pay and about an extreme abuse of power by one individual, in particular, who they elected to high office."

The letter also takes aim at a "cowardly" police sergeant who gave an anonymous interview to a local television station detailing the alleged comments about Obama "for the purpose of harming my clients' careers," Towey wrote.

Neither the police nor city officials have explained exactly what the officers allegedly said to land them in hot water.

An investigation by the Secret Service determined the comments to be "not criminal in nature," the police department has said. In the television interview, the anonymous officer interviewed said one of the officers mentioned taking "a couple of shots" at the president during his May 5 campaign event at VCU and another alluded to putting a bomb underneath the stage.

In an interview, Towey said the allegations against the officers are false, though he would not identify them or make them available for interviews.

Cliff notes:

Read the fucking article.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Aiyyo it's time to pay, and I ain't trying to give my shine away

Let's show these pigs how much we give a fuck about a brighter day

I cocked the Eagle, Cuban drew the Glock it was diesel

Said, "See you in Hell coppers" and started poppin like it was legal

I listen to this song every fucking day. Propped!

• Like 1

As I understand it, Your co-workers were on-duty, blocking off some dangerous street making sure gun totting terrorist didnt get within half-a-state of Obama and they were ''shooting'' the shit.

Jake #1: Something Something pew pew pew pew Obama's dome, blah blah, Donuts is delicious.

Jake #2: Blah blah blah, put a bomb under Obama's stage, something something I hate niggers, something.

And how they got heard/found out, who knows.

Knowing our city's fine PD, wouldnt be suprised if they were talking about it over

their walkie talkies or some shit and got hot-mic'd.

Our newspaper sucks, theyre broke and have shitty ass sources and reporters/writers.

Who knows, they've been lip sealed on this shit for a while,

it seems so petty, but for the amount of secrecy and other nonsense

surrounding this episode, I wouldnt be suprised if one of them was seriously

planning on some wild shit.

One officer earlier this year was already facing disciplinary actions for pulling a gun(while drunk and off-duty) on a parking attendant when he asked the cop to pay for parking and exclaimed something along the lines of ''Ill blow your fucking head off nigger''.

Truely our citys' finest.

Yeah, well you don't live in 1984 America.

I mean obviously we had people left and right talking about killing Bush,

and that was straight for the most part.

Now the president is black so any thought of even laying a finger on him is racist and

you really can't say shit about him, seems like once a month some dumb redneck is

arrested for talking shit about shooting him.

Funny how the demographics change and so does the name of the game.

youre one of those house niggers we used to ride the shit out of in the living room when the homies would be round drinkin back in the day----------------we'd invite pricks like you in and pretend to listen to your bullshit---------------then clown the shit outta you-----------------id love if u came around my house with that fuckery----- stupid ass house nigger----------------------

the degree to which people are uninformed never disappoints.

you talk shit on sensitivity to an existing law. but fail to mention the explosion in hate groups since the election of a black guy. it scares people, whether you can see that or not.

If I have to have cops in my world, I want fewer dumb cops. An on-duty cop explicitly stating their intention to kill anyone (you know, protect and serve the public, uphold the consititution, etc.) falls so far outside the limits of acceptable behavior...I can't believe there's a debate about it here.