super DIVORCE thread!

Fist 666

i'm sure i'm not the only one who has had one or is going through one.

i'm simultaneously thrilled and terrified of whats next.

its all happening on civil terms in an attempt to maintain friendship and avoid the eventual hating of each other. (see most of louis ck's thoughts on marriage).

in about a month i'm moving back to colorado to a blue collar college town and starting my life all over again, one of my army friends is going to move from NC a few weeks after me and in our heads we'll have a pussy palace, but i think more likely i'll just be depressed settling for fat chicks for a few months...

so, stories?

this is what i'm hoping to be playing with soon...

cute_hipster_bathroom_selfshot.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Either through counsel or on your own it is important to protect your interests.

Great resource for Pro Se:

http://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/WA/index.cfm

The bar association has free 30 minute legal clinics.

avvo is kind of interesting as well

http://www.avvo.com

If you want a good attorney PM me, I was never married but went through full blown custody trial.

• Like 1

This shit can be a civil parting of ways or like mine it can turn in to an episode of Springer in a hurry. Be happy you don't have any kids with her that shit will fuck you every time. In your case make sure to get something in writhing from her saying that she forfeits any and all claims to VA/retirement/death benefits. Because that shit could come around and fuck your family.

yeah keeping my truck and one of the dogs.

the bone dome trailer is mine. i'm also keeping the grill. like she knows how to use it.

as for assets: about $50k in savings to split. she's keeping the house (which is so fucking upside down... but she bought it before me, so thats on her anyway). both have some college debt. probably split the cash 55/45 as she's keeping more responsibility. might do 40/60 even.

she's worked in family law in the past and has pretty good knowledge of how to get it done on the cheap. as long as things stay civil we'll avoid lawyers. seems like a real possibility at this point.

If there are no kids, it can be pretty simple. Watch out in court for the judge and alimony. Even after me and my ex worked it all out, the judge still asked if she wanted alimony, even though she made more money then I did.

At least my ex was cool.

Fist, if you come through my area on the way to CO, hit me up. I can give you a place to chill for the night and we can go drink some beers downtown.

• Like 1