getting fired on friday

griteeth

Being unemployed without getting unemployment benefits is horrible. Best advice I can give is to put your resume out to as many places as possible. If you have friends that work in the restaurant industry, see if they can get you a job bussing tables or washing dishes until something better comes up. Some money is better than no money. Make sure you actually post your resume to places like Monster and Career Builder. Employers will occasionally seek you out if your resume has what they're looking for. Depending on the size of your city, Craigslist is full of short term opportunities as well. There are a ton of scams to sift through, but I've found two really great jobs through that site.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha '88 I'm sayin!

It's not that I have nothing to offer, but i certainly don't "play ball" as much as would be good for me and certainly don't kiss ass or crucify myself for a job that's not a career.

I've been on the grind so far but the other shit thing about getting let go on a friday is you have two days where nobody is really looking to conduct an interview or do anything business related. monday hasn't been positive thus far either.