home invasion extra credit open response thread

injury

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

around the same time my parents had their house broken into, they got a lot of hang-up calls from blocked or restricted numbers. the robbers were casing the place to see when someone was home or not. if you make it seem like someone's always home, you won't get your shit stolen.

How the hell did they get your parents number? It seems like somebody who knew them were trying to break in. Is anyone you or your parents know a drug addict? Sounds like something a fiend would do. In case they got caught they would feel safer with someone they knew because they would likely go easier on them.

How the hell did they get your parents number? It seems like somebody who knew them were trying to break in. Is anyone you or your parents know a drug addict? Sounds like something a fiend would do. In case they got caught they would feel safer with someone they knew because they would likely go easier on them.

this was about 16 years ago when everyone had a home phone. they live out in the middle of nowhere and the county used to publish a book that said who owned what property. i have old copies of them for trying to locate abandoned farms. once they found out who owned the property, it's as simple as looking up the number in the phone book. these days it's a helluva lot easier to find out who lives where with this thing they call the internet.

they did get broken into once while we were on vacation and that very well could have been someone they knew.

Got my van broken into last night, took my tool set and some jackets. Also smashed the ignition, breaking it but not starting the rig.

Classy, and to make matters better insurance does not cover a "partial theft" so I am stuck paying 300 to fix the lock or doing it myself. Against my better judgement I am going the diy route.

Well I counted breakfast and breaks in the time calc, and it just took a lotta time, trips to the store for tools and book etc. Pull the airbag, steering wheel, compress the fucking shaft, pull the turn signal, pull a bunch of other shit out of the way, have shit not work just right etc.

Also I have never worked on a car before, so I like to take my time.