home invasion extra credit open response thread

injury

I'm coffeeshop wifi-ing and this Asian dude wearing a shirt that said "I'M @ INTL PLAYBOY" in pink and black tiger print just walked by.

Be @ INTL PLAYBOY, injury. That means lights on when you're not home (and plenty when you are, I had a rousing experience about 5 years ago when I was home alone and someone broke in anyway), and go for a security system. Cheap electrical one if you can swing it, or just a nice dog. This shit is the type of thing where an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

If you don't mind me asking, why aren't guns an option? Money, ideology, feloniezzz?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of you could prolly help. what did you do to keep your house from getting broken into? bars? lights?

a gun isn't an option.

All of the above plus a fucking burglary alarm.

Actually, a pit bull or two in the mix wouldn't hurt either.

Why the fuck is a gun not an option???

Are your parents convicted felons, or just pussies:?

leaving lights on is the easiest...i mean...would you break into a house with its light on or the t.v. on? Also, just get one of the ADT signs or a sign from a security company from someone elses yard and put it in yours, nobodys gonna fuck with that.

And whatever you do don't fall for that "we'll give you a free home security system if you just advertise our sign in your yard" scam.

I get them calls all the time.

For all I know that shit could actually be legit, but common sense tells me it's probably some robbing ass niggas trying to get me to dump my real alarm system so that they can pull a fast one.

You need to get on some neighborhood watch type shit. Just get other people who live around you to join up with you and you can all watch each others backs and handle anyone who tries to jack shit from any of you. You just need to organize it, try having daily meetings, a command structure, oh try using something like a t-shirt or hat, or maybe just a uniform to let people know you are serious and are all united in your neighborhood.

^This nigga...

adamsblock.jpg

Nah son, that's just cuz I took all their good shit the 1st 2 times, ya dig?

i lol'd.

cool story bro: the second time the house was broken into, the thieves sat down, drank a bunch of beer and made themselves sandwiches. they either got drunk or were just stupid because they left a pillowcase full of jewelry and some of my dad's guns right by the door. they also left a jacket with a name stitched into it but the name was "s. johnson" which is some needle in a haystack shit unless you live in a town of five people.

last year some junkie dogs stole all my mum and dad and recently deceased grandmothers jewelry so i know the feeling.

i'd recommend getting cameras like this, super good quality.

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_US/content/view/full/25611

how good is the quality you ask? pretty good, it can capture the sound of a wounded infant wookie

(worth watching^)

also there are shutters you can get that roll down over windows, i'm sure they have them in the states but they look much nicer than straight up prison bars.

thanks errybody.

thinking right now im just gonna go with the ADP sign and some motion activated lights.

cause sudden mystery lights will drive my dog nuts. hes inbred as fuck but he knows how to bark ... and that'll be enough.

don't worry 'bout why gun isnt an option, but local laws are a big part of it.

leaving lights on is the easiest...i mean...would you break into a house with its light on or the t.v. on? Also, just get one of the ADT signs or a sign from a security company from someone elses yard and put it in yours, nobodys gonna fuck with that. a guns not gonna help unless the persons already inside anyways.

in my state, if your house is broken in to and you shoot the person in your own house you can get a murder or attempted muder or aggro assault wrap. which is why you catch that fucker and drag em out into the drive way. always in the drive way.

and after i read what bobby blowjob said i have no legible thoughts left in my head.

Dog and motion sensors are good ideas.

Cameras. or even the fake camera help.

Timers for your lights so they can go on/off at random intervals when you're not home.

Deadbolts. Window locks.

For repeated break-ins, I always liked a scene in one of the Death Wish movies where Bronson left a board of nails inside the window so the dude stepped on it as he entered.

in my state, if your house is broken in to and you shoot the person in your own house you can get a murder or attempted muder or aggro assault wrap. which is why you catch that fucker and drag em out into the drive way. always in the drive way.

and after i read what bobby blowjob said i have no legible thoughts left in my head.

yeah it depends, but if the person puts your life in danger (has a weapon on you or something) you can justifiably kill them. then there's the duty to retreat i think it's called, where if you can get away then that is your priority. basically NY is a bunch of pussies when it comes to the castle doctrine, which is the set of laws that vary state to state in regards to using force on intruders.

Sign ideas-

"This house has an $800 alarm and a $100 stereo. The house across the street has a $100 alarm and an $800 stereo."

"Beware of pitbull with AIDS."

"Anyone found here at night will be found here in the morning."

"Burglars will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

• Like 1