home invasion extra credit open response thread

injury

oontz,

my parents live in a neighbohood thats been averaging 5 break ins a week for about the last 3 months.

for a lot of you, especially those of you who need to prove to me how hard you are, that aint shit. for the parents it is, mostly because the last 7-8 home invasions have been within 2 blocks of their house. and ours was already attempted - my pussy little 60 lb dog scared em off. there've been daytime and nighttime break-ins ... no pattern.

some of you could prolly help. what did you do to keep your house from getting broken into? bars? lights?

a gun isn't an option.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get on some neighborhood watch type shit. Just get other people who live around you to join up with you and you can all watch each others backs and handle anyone who tries to jack shit from any of you. You just need to organize it, try having daily meetings, a command structure, oh try using something like a t-shirt or hat, or maybe just a uniform to let people know you are serious and are all united in your neighborhood. Just remember if your house does get robbed no snitching to the police.

I close my blinds when I am not using a window, leave lights on and pay attention to what is going on.

I had some fuckers steal a cooler I kept on my porch last month, must of just missed em too.

To be clear on home invasions you mean like breaking in when the people are home and jacking their shit, or do you just mean breaking in while they are away?

But seriously though, I bought a ADT sign & stickers (not APT) on eBay.

Anyone who still breaks in could disable it anyway, likewise I don't have a car alarm.

I also have two big dogs that sick balls like chopper too, but sometimes I take them with me for the weekend.

It also helps not to live around minorities, or poor white trash too.

Is it too obvious to point out that items of extreme value should not be kept in the house or should at the very least be hidden and unknown.

Seems a lot of drug dealers overlook this one and get taken for their shit.

A sturdy door is always nice, I say that bars are no good but a okay fence is not a bad idea. This sort of crime is really one of opportunity and people will take the path of least resistance most of the time, just making it kind of a pain in the ass is probably enough.

I do not really buy into the guns for protecting your plasma tv argument.

ding ding ding !! drue nailed it ... white and unemployed, yessir.

no shame. thankfully our items of extreme value dont really exist except my canon rebel ... which is tucked away pretty well, i did so as soon as this shit started happening.

some good advice in this thread though. thanks yall.

move to another neighborhood.

hire neighborhood security

If you can afford to. If not, torch the place and use the insurance money to move.

Sounds like a bad situation, but there are options to get out. Why would you want to stick around there, if moving is an option (I am assuming it is an option)?

Nothing against you injury, but I have never understood why people remain in bad neighborhoods. After traveling alot, I have seen plenty of good neighborhoods for cheap.

I am a believer that most people do not ever move because they fear change.

oontz,

my parents live in a neighbohood thats been averaging 5 break ins a week for about the last 3 months.

for a lot of you, especially those of you who need to prove to me how hard you are, that aint shit. for the parents it is, mostly because the last 7-8 home invasions have been within 2 blocks of their house. and ours was already attempted - my pussy little 60 lb dog scared em off. there've been daytime and nighttime break-ins ... no pattern.

some of you could prolly help. what did you do to keep your house from getting broken into? bars? lights?

a gun isn't an option.

you already said it:

DOGS

statistically this is the one things that will reduce breakins.

and i've got guns to back them up.

CIL is kinda right

people often trap themselves just by assuming things will be impossible to change

(and frankly, it's the easy way out because change is usually difficult)

once it's done though, it's really the only way to improve your life.