Man shot and killed in Times Square NYC by PO PO.. Justified?!

Pfffffffffft

All these people saying he should of been tased..., smh. If someone advances on me with a knife, it's

curtains if I got the pistol. Not all cops carry tasers.

His moms saying the police could have shot him in the arm...

wishful thinking.

Guy had a history of violent incidents with the police so I doubt they lost sleep over it.

Really surprised at the number of shots fired for that area with all those tourists around.

As if some nut with a knife is really a threat against like 10 trained cops with Kevlar vests, guns, tazers, mace etc.

The fact that you're cosigning that you would also contribute to the ridiculous amount of rounds that were obviously let off for the shear fun of actually killing somebody (in the middle of times square) just goes to prove that you're a scared little bitch, just like the rest of these trigger happy pieces of shit.

Hopefully you'll be walking with your son or daughter in some crowded area next time a platoon of trigger happy cops decide to start letting off like that.

I'm sure you'll tell them what a good job they did protecting the public while you're trying to shove your little girls brains back in her head.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was under the impression that most cops trunks are treasure troves of neat shit.

like bean bag guns, 303s, and other fun but less-than-lethal options.

walking through the steps of escalation of force to justify lethal force DOES NOT mean that there were no non-lethal options available. restraint should be praised as much or more than violence of action. i'd have killed a happy baker's dozen of innocent diaper-heads in afg if i'd simply followed EOF.

i think the cops are wrong on this one. a proper dose of pepper spray, calling back up with tasers, or, fuck, improvise--fire hose, fire extinguisher, etc could have saved this spook's life and then cost the US taxpayer hundreds of thousands of dollars with his prison sentence.

^End thread.

As if some nut with a knife is really a threat against like 10 trained cops with Kevlar vests, guns, tazers, mace etc.

Hopefully you'll be walking with your son or daughter in some crowded area next time a platoon of trigger happy cops decide to start letting off like that.

I'm sure you'll tell them what a good job they did protecting the public while you're trying to shove your little girls brains back in her head.

But in another thread you suggested that a civillian who had been to a shooting range a couple of times would be a good enough shot to take out a guy with an assault weapon, in the dark, with smoke and explosions and people running everywhere.

Now you are saying that cops trained with combat shooting wouldn't be able to hit a well identified bloke in a well lit environment that had even been partially cleared without spraying others in the vicinity.

Not trying to troll, so please don't have a heart attack like Mr. Sensitive, Cunt_Eastwood but your logic here doesn't match up with your logic in the theater shooting thread. I'm not saying the cops were right or wrong here, either.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for him, and the cops probably didn't need to shoot him 456 times in a crowded area, but what do you expect pulling out a knife like that.

Usually I'm against the cops in these types of threads but I can't help but feel like dude wanted to go out rather than go in.

agreed.. waaay to many shots fired, anyone whose probably not looking to die would have dropped the knife and/or turned and ran (not backpedaled knife drawn) with 2 cops coming at him, nevermind 15+ coming down on him guns drawn.. or they just wouldn't have pulled a knife out to begin with.

Mercer is spot on...

With the amount of cops all around times square, dude had to have wanted to go out in a blaze of glory pulling/waving a blade like that over there. Also not saying the 6 shots was needed or whether it was the right move by the pigglies, but dude had to have known what the outcome of his shenanigans would be.

The fact that you're cosigning that you would also contribute to the ridiculous amount of rounds that were obviously let off for the shear fun of actually killing somebody (in the middle of times square) just goes to prove that you're a scared little bitch, just like the rest of these trigger happy pieces of shit.

Since the moment of the actual shooting is not visible in this video, you cannot say whether guy with

the knife went to stab/slash/kill one of the cops. With the thousands of cameras down there some

store's cctv should have it and it'll get out. Next, did you miss the part where I said I was surprised at

how many rounds the police fired at the suspect?? Because of the area and the tourists??

If a guy has a knife and is repeatedly told to stop (and doesn't), drop the knife (and doesn't), and is

in an ultra high traffic area with many police officers (guns drawn) following this moving suspect

who is yelling threats at said officers who then makes an aggressive move(Assumption) towards an officer/or civilian

the officers will stop the threat and in this case, the many officers chose to shoot him and with that

number of officers firing their weapons, it may prove justified.

Again, we're only see part of the incident from 1 camera source. There has got to be plenty of other

cameras down there that captured the whole incident. Maybe the cops were trigger happy...

Hey Dao, is that logically and clearly enough spelled out for your sensitivities???

P.S. apologize to my daughter for that comment about her brains on the sidewalk.

amount of cops means nothing. If anyone pulls a knife on you, you are then legally able to shoot them. Look it up. The cops put him down so he didnt kill someone or grab a hostage by the throat. I dont like cops, but Im getting tired of every wannabe rebel chime into police videos on cell phones and act like theyre ALL un justified. Pulled knife = bullets and lights out.

move along, nothing to see here.

• Like 1

So...didn't read any of the links to the story, but saw this in the daily paper right after it happened. Thought briefly to post the story but figured this would be the result. I'm actually quite surprised at 12oz, figured this would be up to page 5 by now w/ DAO arguing with whoever, at least one other argument going on, and varying pics of pigs, stop snitching, etc.

Anyhow, this dude used to dress as a ninja and beg for change, or hold a sign saying ninjas kidnapped his fam and he needed change. I think I've talked to this guy before, but only when I was in need of a ninja. Who knows what and how much this dude was smoking prior, and he probably has a touch of mental probs too. From the pics I saw, dude backed himself into a corner spot and had nowhere to go from there. Dude might have been mad ignorant of shit. Dude might have been looking to get wacked, but he might also be dumb enough to think that he could keep moving w/ the knife w/o getting shot. When walking backward with tons of room, no problem, but advancing toward anyone armed= you leaving with more holes than you started with.

For the cops part, def too much shooting, but any 1 of them was justified and they all took the opportunity since they'll get away with it and most will never fire their gun otherwise. Wounding him would have been nice, but the more innocent people you have around the more you make it a point to put someone down ASAP. Imagine if any of these jerkoffs shot a bystander or an innocent got hit by a ricochet.

2vwwg1c.gif

But in another thread you suggested that a civillian who had been to a shooting range a couple of times would be a good enough shot to take out a guy with an assault weapon, in the dark, with smoke and explosions and people running everywhere.

Now you are saying that cops trained with combat shooting wouldn't be able to hit a well identified bloke in a well lit environment that had even been partially cleared without spraying others in the vicinity.

Not trying to troll, so please don't have a heart attack like Mr. Sensitive, Cunt_Eastwood but your logic here doesn't match up with your logic in the theater shooting thread. I'm not saying the cops were right or wrong here, either.

Assault rifle > knife.

Since the moment of the actual shooting is not visible in this video, you cannot say whether guy with

the knife went to stab/slash/kill one of the cops. With the thousands of cameras down there some

store's cctv should have it and it'll get out. Next, did you miss the part where I said I was surprised at

how many rounds the police fired at the suspect?? Because of the area and the tourists??

If a guy has a knife and is repeatedly told to stop (and doesn't), drop the knife (and doesn't), and is

in an ultra high traffic area with many police officers (guns drawn) following this moving suspect

who is yelling threats at said officers who then makes an aggressive move(Assumption) towards an officer/or civilian

the officers will stop the threat and in this case, the many officers chose to shoot him and with that

number of officers firing their weapons, it may prove justified.

Again, we're only see part of the incident from 1 camera source. There has got to be plenty of other

cameras down there that captured the whole incident. Maybe the cops were trigger happy...

Hey Dao, is that logically and clearly enough spelled out for your sensitivities???

P.S. apologize to my daughter for that comment about her brains on the sidewalk.

By this logic, they would have been firing all them shots at both dude with the knife and the person he hypothetically lunged at.

They had their guns drawn from the gate.

Over shit that mace and tazers were invented for.

But then, they never actually use tazers or mace for what they were intended for, now do they.

amount of cops means nothing. If anyone pulls a knife on you, you are then legally able to shoot them. Look it up. The cops put him down so he didnt kill someone or grab a hostage by the throat. I dont like cops, but Im getting tired of every wannabe rebel chime into police videos on cell phones and act like theyre ALL un justified. Pulled knife = bullets and lights out.

move along, nothing to see here.

Yeah, cause pointing out the fact that a grip of trigger happy psychopaths went apeshit with letting off a ridiculous amount of rounds in the middle of times square thus endangering the lives of every person in the immediate vicinity makes you a "wannabe rebel".

Yeah... they totally had the best interest of the public at heart while they were racing to see who could empty their clips the fastest on one dude with a knife in the middle of one of the most crowded blocks in NYC.

Assault rifle > knife.

I don't understand what you're saying there^^

Again, you said previously that people with a bit of range practice were well able to take out a shooter in a highly complex environment without endangering more people in the process.

Yet here you are saying that cops with actual combat shooting training wouldn't be able to take out a guy in far simpler circumstances without also taking out innocent bystanders - BigDounut's daughter, was your example.

This logic doesn't seem to work. Either untrained shooters would be likely to kill innocent bystanders when reacting to a shooter or these cops would have a low probability of hitting bystanders.

I guess the proof of the pudding can be addressed with this question:

Did the cops also hit anyone other than the intended target?

I don't understand what you're saying there^^

I'm saying that if dude had pulled out an assault riffle (or even a pistol) they would have been justified in shooting him instead of just tazing or macing his ass like they should have.

But even if he did pull a gun, a couple rounds rounds would have put him down.

As soon as one of them shot they were like "oh fuck yeah!!! it's on!!!" and started racing to see who could let out the most rounds the fastest.

I'd honestly have more faith in some redneck Sarah Palin fan with a carry permit, an NRA tattoo on one arm and the Confederate flag on the other having more restraint in that situation than a grip of trigger happy cops.

Sure, I understand what you're saying there and I'm not making an argument against it.

I'm saying the point you made about the cops endangering the lives of people around the target doesn't add up with what you've said previously. Secondly, I don't think anyone other than the target did get hit with rounds fired by cops.

endangering the lives of every person in the immediate vicinity - Hopefully you'll be walking with your son or daughter in some crowded area next time a platoon of trigger happy cops decide to start letting off like that. I'm sure you'll tell them what a good job they did protecting the public while you're trying to shove your little girls brains back in her head.

This is what I'm saying doesn't add up with the argument you made in the theater thread - or with the fact that no bystanders were actually hit.

Yeah, cause pointing out the fact that a grip of trigger happy psychopaths went apeshit with letting off a ridiculous amount of rounds in the middle of times square thus endangering the lives of every person in the immediate vicinity makes you a "wannabe rebel".

Yeah... they totally had the best interest of the public at heart while they were racing to see who could empty their clips the fastest on one dude with a knife in the middle of one of the most crowded blocks in NYC.

You arent from ny, Shut up. that specific block is dead as a doornail, its where cops usually park cars and just sit around waiting for action. He was heading towards one of the busiest areas of time square, the first second I saw this video I said "ooofff, they better smoke this dude before he turns that next corner"

But your superior knowledge of all that disagrees with you really only makes me feel bad for you, so Ill go to bed naow and let you have your solo troll party, this is what you come back for day after day after daoy after dao after dao for.

You really need help daowg.

"hey, lets tase the psychopath who runs the streets with knives, so he can get 4 days pickin' up leaves in the park and is back on the street next week"

these types are to be eliminated from society at any chance they stick their heads out of the crazy cave.