ASMR: What is This Tingling Sensation in my Head?

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

actually, this is fairly interesting stuff, if it's not bullshit.

swear to god I felt this sensation sitting down after work browsing the web, I try to ignore it for fear that its not good and there is something fucked up going on but then in truth I was able to focus on some normally dull shit for the longest time before i "snapped out of it". /whatever

this is weird bcuz i get something like this, but it feels awful

when i was a kid, i had hallucinations due to really high fever, and sometimes whenever someone talks in a certain tone of voice, that feeling i had during the hallucination comes rushing back and i feel very strange. i wouldn't want to bring that feeling on, so i didn't watch the vid

plus i never got into the whole youtube thing. lull.

Although I can't particularly say that tingling in my scalp is a vivid part of it, all my life I've experienced what I privately call "the shiver", which sounds a hell of a lot like the rest of the description of this phenomenon. A lot of the time it comes about after I've been drinking... I can feel the sensation just starting to simmer, and I can usually consciously carry it to completion, its this big almost overwhelming electrical wave that starts from the head and goes down my torso and all the way to the ends of my extremities, lasts like 10 seconds or so. It happens often as well if I'm driving and having a cigarette, which often scares me a bit cause the sensation is really quite strong and makes it hard to focus on the road for a few seconds.

I also get them when sober or without nicotine, but it happens less often, and I've never really paid attention to what triggers it. The video examples I'm finding don't really do it, maybe because I'm too conscious about feeling it, but there is something oddly familiar and "tickly" watching those videos of people doing intricate methodical work.

It's funny that I've never really looked up the phenomenon cause I didn't know if it was common and didn't know how to describe it, but it's pretty awesome to hear that this happens to others. Great find dude...