Call Your Mother

theprotester

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thanks to this thread, I realized it was my Mom's birthday soon and I should probably call her and what not. We speak maybe once or twice a month tops and I've only been out to see her twice in the last 10 years. /Shitty son oner.

I called her tonight and wish her happy birthday and all we ended up talking about was my scum bag step-brother who was dealing and smoking meth out of one of her rental properties that her and her husband were kind enough to let him live in to "get on his feet" after a run of bad luck (read:meth) and a short stay in county.

Long story short (pay attention to this part DAO), they decided to call the drug task force on him so they could get him hemmed up, out of the house and get the help he needs. From what she said this little fuck is still there and the "jakes" never picked him up.

Needless to say, I'm mad pissed, and being half-way across the country from all this bullshit is not making it any easier. My Mom is the nicest lady in the world (aren't they all) and a fucking pushover, so she's not going to be confrontational with this kid, plus she's getting older and shouldn't be dealing with this bullshit. I'm seriously contemplating making an unannounced visit to the Midwest this week to straighten this shit out myself.

But yeah, I guess family is important thanks for reminding me protester.

/end vent

Thank you and goodnight.

• Like 1

having just checked out some photos on fb there is a certain writer whose mother I would like to call...she must have had him when she was really young.

but can't speak to my olds no more.at least I said what I had to when I had to.

but there is a guy who I'd better catch up with sooner rather than later.

being on the road for 12 moths has made it seriously hard to stay in contact with fam.

thankfully my old man is coming to poland in a few weeks and my mum did a few weeks before that. pretty lucky.

its a shame my granddad is too old to get out and about, one of the smartest people ive ever met and thankfully he learned how to email just to keep in touch with me--thats my version of events anyway.

fuck it, ima send the old bastard an email. i got good news for him anyway.

its also nice though, i know which friends reciprocate the number of fucks i give about them, its helps whittling the fuckers down to thew people that matter instead of those that pretend they do.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
philmcgraw.jpg.d6c7a4ea8920598a63cf38ec7acd84cd.jpg

"Give her a call, give your Dad a call. Give an old friend an unexpected phone call. Give them an unexpected visit.

Just drop by.

Drifting apart is for pussies.

Man up, and make the step."

I get what your saying though. Family is All. Grams is getting old. Try to stop by her spot when I can to see how she is doing. Let her know I care unlike the rest of her grandkids who only care come birthday and christmas time. She use to take me racking when i was young, we'd rack whole patio furniture sets, i'd be the one to push stuff through the doors and or fill my coat and waits with miscellaneous things she would want/need. Clepto Grandma 4 ever!

LOL^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...