Does anyone know anything about Bug Bites?

Crocodile Tears

Ok so I'm down in avalon in Jerz at the beach for the week.

Long story short.

Im walking on the beach last night, and I felt that creepy crawly feeling on my neck for just a few seconds, so I grab at it and pull off whatever was there and toss it in the opposite direction of me. "damn bugs" I thought to myself. Then less then a few seconds later I feel hot burring stinging. Ive been stung by bees before, quite a few times actually. But this shit hurt and kept hurting. Like HOT burning, nothing like a bee sting.

I don't have that much experience with bugs other then roaches here and there, but I have seen quite a few Spider bite videos on Youtube and this is what it looks like to me. IS it going to rot the skin out and leave a hole?

I was hoping one of you hicks out there could shed some light on this terrible affliction thats befallen me.

WHAT THE FUCK BIT ME??????

Yes aware of stray neck/chest hairs.

Yes aware of V-neck guido shirt. (the polo horse guy on the bottom makes it anti-guido)

Yes aware of sausage link fingers.

ScreenShot2012-07-25at70708PM.png

Close up.

ScreenShot2012-07-25at70727PM.png

Size reference and color.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now LUGR, Im really happy for you, and imma let you finish, but this bite was one of the worst of all time.

Besides I've never blindly hand caught a fly, at night no less, you never see flys at night anyway (around midnight), and when I grabbed it, It wasn't like a weak bug exoskeleton (fly/spider), it had a hard shell.

I'm not sure why I wouldn't see flys at night, maybe bc its some evolutionary trait they adapted for survival purposes breeding hiding what have you, what they're really doing I couldn't specifically tell you though.

DAO its rare I've grabbed a weird bug in a moment of nasty creepout panic and looked at it. The object was feel an itch scratch, and in an instant of unexpected bug detection crush and remove instinctively squash and rid myself of it, at night no less in pitch blackness.

Doesn't really look like anything out of the ordinary to me. I have 2 or 3 bites on my ankle and leg right now that all look worse, but I also live in a state where getting repeatedly chomped by spiders/flies/mosquitos is a common occurrence. If it were something highly poisonous, you'd more than likely be sick as fuck with nausea and vomiting, possibly fever, and a much larger reaction area, seeing as it's already been a day.

However, I'm not a bug expert, so take that all with a grain of salt. I wouldn't stress it, but i'd keep an eye on it incase it starts swelling up or getting infected.

Nah. What about flys at night under bright lights or in doors, if anything their activity comes to a near halt. There's got to be a better reason.

I'm used to getting a red swollen spot from bee stings or mosquito bites, and the sensation is never this weird, shit still burns, and its turned into a flat weird brown spot. So chupa that's making me panic a little. Like what the fuck is out there. I don't know shit about beach insects. And DAO I said it was pretty hard not easily sqishable.

I was hoping for some leakage.

Had a really gross spider bite a few years ago that didn't really hurt, but it itched like hell and started leaking pus.

I dunno what would be crunchy, though. All I can think of are different types of biting flies. Spider bites usually swell.

Some people develop an allergic reaction when bitten by one on them big ugly ass flies.

Make a paste with crushed aspirin and water, use that to reduce swelling.

Make another paste, this time with baking soda and water to relieve itching. Hydrocortisone cream would help just the same I suppose... So would heavily diluted boric acid if you've got it lying around.

If it gets bigger or hurts/spreads maybe see a doctor. But make sure to take pictures.