THE BANKSY THREAD

Guest NATO

its a shame i dont see bansky up in New York....well maybe im not looking?

I rather he stay out of NY. There are enough "street artists" here going over real graffiti with their wheatpastes and other bullshit.

Other than that, I don't care about this guy. He's not a graffiti writer in the traditional sense, and I'm not an art critic, so his work doesn't concern me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I rather he stay out of NY. There are enough "street artists" here going over real graffiti with their wheatpastes and other bullshit.

Other than that, I don't care about this guy. He's not a graffiti writer in the traditional sense, and I'm not an art critic, so his work doesn't concern me.

...i dont think hes the average wheatpaste "guy", im sure hes well educated on graff and isnt stupid enough to go over shhit, most of the shit ive seen of his is in places where there is no other graff, but what do i know

like it or not the dude is doing something more with graffiti then writing his name over and over, he actually has a message which is the point. half you wannabes say oyu write graffiti to stick it to the man to let your voice be heard and your point be made...well your just fooling yourselves into thinking that, writing your name over and over does not send a message it does not stick it to the man, what banksy does is comment on society through getting up in very illegal places, the mans a genius and still stays true to what graff is about he deserves all the money and credit he gets. have you done something better?

like it or not the dude is doing something more with graffiti then writing his name over and over

hahaha saying something?

Banksy is saying about as much as dick suckers with che guavera tshirts

"Oh look at me! im banksy lol! I am totally fighting capitalism by selling 20g canvases and also where was I at the g8 summit? not getting punched in the head by riot cops thats for sure! I was busy in my luxury studio apartment at my design tablet! I am totally fighting the corporations guys! lol"

Conformist toy.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

how about banksy putting his own paintings up in galleries guerilla style?? he just double-side taped one of his pieces up in the louvre or some other rediculous spot.

only few graff cats cross over to makin bucks cuz they really do something unique that stands out, they're super old school, or they're just connected to the art world somehow. the message from graff itself is very narrow to the masses, letters and handstyles to anyone that is not used looking at them is meaningless, street art is a little more tangible to all and they can relate to a message.

so unless you are bombing shit like "corporations are legal pyramid scams" or "land of the ____?" or whatever in fully legible block letters, you might not feel banksy, but you can't knock his hustle (in the street or in his wallet). his shit is certifiably dope.

try giving people a reason to think about why we destroy shit, our names are just that, our names, drop some knowledge on occasion. you'll be better for it-

bumps 2 banksy

city sleeps...great points. Most people cant even comprehend these concepts.

But fuc\< it I still believe that anyone out there putin in work, gettin up, doin they're thing, is on OUR "side". Becus anyone else you ask will giv u sum jerk off response like "its ugly and makes our city dirty...those little punks...." Well i say fuk those thoughtless a$$holes!!!!!!!!!

STAY UP ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived