Squatting in Style.

RockTheCasbah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no dick face, that is not style. that bald putz is wearing some cheeseball suit, a lance armstrong wristband, and "im on work release" dress shoes for poor people. watch the youtube link (listen to the dough rollers while doing so) and smoke a camel, and drink some coffee. on someone else's dime.

• Like 1

this story is much better

TEXAS MAN GETS A $330,000 HOME FOR $16 DOLLARS

0.jpg

0.jpg

A little-known Texas law and a foreclosure could have a man in Flower Mound living on Easy Street.

Flower Mound's Waterford Drive is lined with well-manicured $300,000 homes. So, when a new neighbor moved in without the usual sale, mortgage-paying homeowners had a few questions.

"What paperwork is it and how is it legally binding if he doesn't legally own the house?" said Leigh Lowrie, a neighboring resident. "He just squats there."

Lowrie and her husband said the house down the street was in foreclosure for more than a year and the owner walked away. Then, the mortgage company went out of business.

Apparently, that opened the door for someone to take advantage of the situation. But, Kenneth Robinson said he's no squatter. He said he moved in on June 17 after months of research about a Texas law called "adverse possession."

"This is not a normal process, but it is not a process that is not known," he said. "It's just not known to everybody."

He says an online form he printed out and filed at the Denton County courthouse for $16 gave him rights to the house. The paper says the house was abandoned and he's claiming ownership.

"I added some things here for my own protection," Robinson said.

The house is virtually empty, with just a few pieces of furniture. There is no running water or electricity.

But, Robinson said just by setting up camp in the living room, Texas law gives him exclusive negotiating rights with the original owner. If the owner wants him out, he would have to pay off his massive mortgage debt and the bank would have to file a complicated lawsuit.

Robinson believes because of the cost, neither is likely. The law says if he stays in the house, after three years he can ask the court for the title.

He told News 8 his goal is to eventually have the title of the home and be named the legal owner of the home.

"Absolutely," he said. "I want to be owner of record. At this point, because I possess it, I am the owner."

Robinson posted "no trespassing" signs after neighbors asked police to arrest him for breaking in.

Flower mound officers say they can't remove him from the property because home ownership is a civil matter, not criminal.

Lowrie and her neighbors continue to look for legal ways to get him out. They are talking to the mortgage company, real estate agents and attorneys. They're convinced he broke into the house to take possession, but Robinson told News 8 he found a key and he gained access legally.

"If he wants the house, buy the house like everyone else had to," Lowrie said. "Get the money, buy the house."

Robinson said he's not buying anything. As far as he's concerned, the $330,000 house is already his and he has the paperwork to prove it.

TLDR; dude printed paperwork on "adverse possession" , and filed it for $16, allowing him to take over a $300k house that was unoccupied in a north Texas suburb.

ps: he's black, that's why his neighbors are mad.

TLDR; dude printed paperwork on "adverse possession" , and filed it for $16, allowing him to take over a $300k house that was unoccupied in a north Texas suburb.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ863eLOPrkrOgWvkS1NrN16TET59AuGWqsVVSG7mx0l1yUgryZzw

• Like 1

When the mortgage company went out of business, the titles to all of the properties they held probably defaulted to one of their creditors so I don't know how adverse possession really applies here. If the owner of the house had died intestate, had no heirs, and was without tax debt equivalent to the value of the property, then he'd have a case if he had been living there for a year without incident.

Plus he's doing it in the wrong neighborhood. Since he's up against a bunch of salty crackers that dont want him there, they could use the city blight ordinance against him if the utilities aren't turned on in his name.

I support what he's doing in principle but I'd be surprised if he pulled it off.

glad you chimed in.

it's adverse possession because the creditor went out of business as well.

he's betting the new bank will not get to him in time for the 3 years or 5 years to expire. or that they don't wanna fuck with it to begin with, they bought the house pennies on the dollar - it wouldn't fit their risk/reward.

shit i'm high.

just re read what you said.

idk, hopefully this dude gets the house. the police hadn't kicked him out yet.

The neighbors are the deal breaker here. They probably don't like shady mortgage companies any more than 99% of the rest of the US, but the idea of paying $300K to live next to some uppity nigra who happened to be somewhat ahead of the curve (their thinking, not mine) will undoubtedly keep them up at night till they decide that burning a cross or something stupid like that seems like the only logical solution. It's great that this guy heard about adverse possession, but my guess is that he did some research (but not too much) and thought he'd move on up like the Jeffersons, sociological considerations be damned.

I've been squatting off and on since I was a teenager..so when OWS started taking over public parks, there were millions of vacant houses owned by banks just sitting there for the taking. I get the idea of reclaiming the commons, but I think it would have been a bigger "fuck you" to the system if the tactics were somewhat different and directed at the source of the problem...and since it would have been decentralized, it would have been considerably harder to break up.

If you're interested in squatting and/or not a cop, feel free to PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

0.jpg

0.jpg

A little-known Texas law and a foreclosure could have a man in Flower Mound living on Easy Street.

Flower Mound's Waterford Drive is lined with well-manicured $300,000 homes. So, when a new neighbor moved in without the usual sale, mortgage-paying homeowners had a few questions.

"What paperwork is it and how is it legally binding if he doesn't legally own the house?" said Leigh Lowrie, a neighboring resident. "He just squats there."

Lowrie and her husband said the house down the street was in foreclosure for more than a year and the owner walked away. Then, the mortgage company went out of business.

Apparently, that opened the door for someone to take advantage of the situation. But, Kenneth Robinson said he's no squatter. He said he moved in on June 17 after months of research about a Texas law called "adverse possession."

"This is not a normal process, but it is not a process that is not known," he said. "It's just not known to everybody."

He says an online form he printed out and filed at the Denton County courthouse for $16 gave him rights to the house. The paper says the house was abandoned and he's claiming ownership.

"I added some things here for my own protection," Robinson said.

The house is virtually empty, with just a few pieces of furniture. There is no running water or electricity.

But, Robinson said just by setting up camp in the living room, Texas law gives him exclusive negotiating rights with the original owner. If the owner wants him out, he would have to pay off his massive mortgage debt and the bank would have to file a complicated lawsuit.

Robinson believes because of the cost, neither is likely. The law says if he stays in the house, after three years he can ask the court for the title.

He told News 8 his goal is to eventually have the title of the home and be named the legal owner of the home.

"Absolutely," he said. "I want to be owner of record. At this point, because I possess it, I am the owner."

Robinson posted "no trespassing" signs after neighbors asked police to arrest him for breaking in.

Flower mound officers say they can't remove him from the property because home ownership is a civil matter, not criminal.

Lowrie and her neighbors continue to look for legal ways to get him out. They are talking to the mortgage company, real estate agents and attorneys. They're convinced he broke into the house to take possession, but Robinson told News 8 he found a key and he gained access legally.

"If he wants the house, buy the house like everyone else had to," Lowrie said. "Get the money, buy the house."

Robinson said he's not buying anything. As far as he's concerned, the $330,000 house is already his and he has the paperwork to prove it.

this shit is amazing!

ps.

i'm only in here because of life relevance.

last night. whilst drunk on many pbr's. i discovered the

most hilarious thing ever. not any bit of sure how it never occurred to

me in the last 7 months. but yours truly is a class A squatter. haven't paid a dime of rent since January. and we ain't living in no gutted basement out here mang. lol. shit is downright funny.

If there's anything on paper that says you live there, then you're a tenant.

We were on the news again..."we" being used in a very broad sense, but since I'm posting this from one of the apartments I guess it applies.

The city has been fucking with us lately...I'm not sure why. There's still tons of bank-owned houses and buildings falling apart out there, so getting a blight complaint is more annoying than anything else since the banks should be the ones getting the heat.

Do you have any of the cashed checks? Mail sent to the address in your name? A key to the place? Then you have established tenancy.

You don't seem too concerned, but if I were you I'd start getting stuff like that together just in case someone decides to make a case against you.

i mean. theres definitely established tenancy after 2 years. however. this shitbags gotten his subpoena and did nothing. i've done my research and if anyones getting a case(which i nor my roomates are prepared to deal with) it'd be us. non-payment of rent issues only began well after non-responded documented voicemails and emails and eventually city inspector visits. we're gravy. but all leaving in a month regardless.