Dear OONTZ

Crocodile Tears

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well-said on the polarization front, and it's a point many people miss: there ARE people who dont fit neatly into one party or the other. They're just not represented. They dont want to vote for something that doesnt fit them. This trend will only expand as we go forward.

We have no other choice!!!

The America that we live in dictates that you're either a Liberal and you vote Democrat, or you're a Neanderthal and you vote Republican.

Anybody can split the vote by voting for some fringe sect of either party IE Green party on the left, or Libertarian on the right.

But all either of them fringe candidates is doing is robbing votes from the real candidate on either the left or the right.

Short of a military coupe that abolishes even the resemblance of any political party affiliation, this is the America that we're stuck with.

We live in an America who's two party system where voting for a third party candidate only serves to rob votes from the real candidate who's policies and personality would more closely characterize your views. And thus ensures that the polar opposite asshole wins. Thus fucking you in the ass even harder for "voting your conscience" on some dipshit who had no chance of winning in the first place.

We have a "hijacked" congress because people got sick of the Dems running the show and didnt see the value in obamas reaction to the recession. i believe economics is cyclical but i personally also dont believe the bailout was the thing to do. We've begun to restrict the banks more and more but it irks me that in this country we turned to corporate welfare to shore up big business. what about small business? what about bailing out americans whose homes are underwater? what about students graduating with tens of thousands of dollars in debt? The parties i just mentioned did nothing wrong and are hurting because of the recession. Big business ran us into the ground and are getting checks? That shit has irked me since the beginning. Fuck GM and the big 3. Fuck the UAW as well. A forklift operator shouldn't make $70,000 a year and they know that, they happen to have GM by the nuts at the moment. PS - all that taxpayer money to GM? Most of it has been repaid. Much of it has gone to constructing dealerships, manufacturing facilities, and hiring people. Awesome! Too bad thats all happening in Russia and China.

I'm not totally sure that lumping romney in with the "corporate greed machine" is the right step. His company, on occasion, bought dying companies and tried to make them right again. They fired people. GM fired and laid off people when it was getting restructured, too - Obama and the government required them to, as a condition of their plan to stop bleeding money.

Why is it such an evil in America, the nation of at-will employment, to fire people? Open question, I really want to know.

I'm a firm believer that we're running into the ground already and regardless who wins we're gonna double (triple?) dip. Our current political compromise model is mind numbingly backwards: when a piece of law passes now, it generally includes some type of spending increase as well as a tax cut. This appeases both parties. This is wholly and embarrassingly unsustainable. There will be a president who will take a stand and have the balls to tell people what the fuck is going on. Neither of these two are that person. Honestly, I dont believe it'll happen until it's too late.

No, Obama and the Dems in congress got elected in the first place because everybody who had half a brain was sick to death of the Republican scam of "trickle down economics" combined with the fraud of a war in Iraq.

The hijacking of Congress two years later was the Republican backlash to a black president who didn't come from Skull and Bones getting elected combined with his policies that contradicted their Republican agenda that put America in this hole to begin with.

Obama's economic policies have turned us in the right direction and prevented us from slipping into a second great depression.

That's an indisputable fact.

The fucking TEA PARTY hijacked the 2010 congressional elections.

And they were only able to do so because NOBODY FUCKING VOTES, but EVERY FUCKING RUSH LIMBAUGH LISTENING, GLENN BECK WATCHING, TEAPUBLICAN DOES.

^THAT is why we have a hijacked congress.

And FYI, asshole. Forklift drivers do not make $70,000 a year.

But even if they did, the fact that they're union makes them deserve it.

Because if it wasn't for the unions, there would be no push-back from the corporate fat cats in this country to go back to 19th century capitalism.

Because we would have never left it in the first place.

Infact, there never would have BEEN a middle class in America.

You would have a 5th grade education if you were lucky, and spent your life slaving away in either a mine or a sweatshop or whatever for 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

And got whipped for fucking up.

Learn your history and know your role.

As well as the roles of those who came before you who literally fought and died for the rights that people like you take for granted.

Rights that the Republican oligarchy are spending billions of dollars to repeal.

hahahahaha dao youre killin me.

unions were a total necessity when corporate slavery was out of control.

things are different now.

i know my history, that's why i feel inclined to talk about it.

Maybe i'm just a "fucking idiot" like you said ... lol

• Like 1

ok so whats my Little Giant replacement? How about a local brewery reccommendation and suggestions of something i could get into for a few hours that evening.

If you're staying in the brooklyn just walk around the burg, bedford and lorimer in the #'s hit meatball shop and all the obvious places. brooklyn bowl knitting factory etc if you wanna give me details pm me and i can give you more specific locations, I should know, Im a cop.

Saw this the other day and it epitomizes this thread.

''Do you have enemies, good, that means you stood up for something sometime in your life"

- Eminem.

NO you stupid facebook bitch, Churchill said that, and probably someone said something similar before he did