I'm kinda pissed about the Total Recall remake

KILZ FILLZ

I'm not very big into sci.fi but I absolutely love the original with Arnold

I think it still holds up pretty well... I picked it up on bluray like a year ago and it's still great

I guess I just really like older movies where the special effects are "real"things like those futuristic cars in the original. Or the chick with 3 tits!

There are tons of good books out there I don't get why Hollywood cant make fresh movies out of some of those

It can't be that much harder to make a new movie out of a book than it it's to make a new movie out of an old movie!

Semi related but I wish they would start re releasing old video games on the newer consoles

What I would give to be able to play some of those old games from my child hood on something that doesn't freeze within fifteen minutes (nes) or is in the palm of my hand (phone) and super uncomfortable. Maybe it's just ps3 that sucks with that kind of stuff?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should've at least posted the chick wit 3 tits...also, Xbox has been releasing old games on Xbox live for a minute. I got doom 2 and the old school sonic the hedgehog.

Not needed.pretty sure everyone was has image burned into their head ... Or someone else will post it in hopes of pros...

I'm taking Ducktales, Metroid, 720, battletoads, Aladdin, Zelda, .... Does wii have an online store? I guess I'm mostly thinking NES.

Not needed.pretty sure everyone was has image burned into their head ... Or someone else will post it in hopes of pros...

I'm taking Ducktales, Metroid, 720, battletoads, Aladdin, Zelda, .... Does wii have an online store? I guess I'm mostly thinking NES.

Wii does although Idk if they have all those titles. I have super punch out on the wii

BOATS...stop crying over remakes.

Every movie you love is a remake of something.

Get over it, you big fat baby.

movies based off of or directly taken from books, yes, cool with em..

Movies ripped from other movies are a different deal. Laziness

If you think every movie you saw during your childhood was an original I really want to live in your unaware state of movie viewing.

That's not what I said. That's what you took from that?

ROMS, dude.

you can play pretty much every single old system ever on your computer.

i play nes and super nes games with a wireless xbox remote.

plus i run the hdmi port so i play it on my tv.

its neat.

ducktales on nes is just as fun as i remembered.

ROMS, dude.

you can play pretty much every single old system ever on your computer.

i play nes and super nes games with a wireless xbox remote.

plus i run the hdmi port so i play it on my tv.

its neat.

ducktales on nes is just as fun as i remembered.

I'm gonna check that out. I'm guessing I can figure it out with google?

Work on Mac?

THE STAR in this movie will forever be known as dude whose role was in the worst movie ever. Phonebooth. The whole movie is in a phone booth. He will never live that one down. I can't take him seriously. Especially after Miami Vice.

fuck all that is remake. but it ain't never changing shit. the age of garbage nyu grads and rich college nerds with stupid ideas

are among us. seems like any ol retard with a few good workshops under the belts getting the big budget go ahead to re-make

some pre-existing gem. i'll keep complaining. they'll keep making stupid movies. makes no difference. deadhorsebeating.jpeg

This is why I watch a lot of foreign films. I get sick of every twist or straight remake that hollywood does. I mean Girl with the dragon tattoo for example, the foreign film/book didnt even finish its famous run before hollywood picked it up and made a copy. Doesnt matter if the movie is fantastic or not, it shouldnt be done. I heard about the hunger games through a girl I work with because she was the leads double, but then I saw such similarities between that and Battle Royale and I was like wtf... oh well.

I mean Girl with the dragon tattoo for example, the foreign film/book didnt even finish its famous run before hollywood picked it up and made a copy.

I dunno...3 years after the book was published in America, 6 years after it was published in Sweden...2 years after the Swedish film was released...plus it was done pretty well.

I think it stood up fine without being a hasty remake, which is admittedly rare for Hollywood remakes of foreign films.

Fuck that Hunger Games shit though.

I'm gonna check that out. I'm guessing I can figure it out with google?

Work on Mac?

Definitely...I recommend getting a mappable Logitech controller if you're going to get into emulators.

I don't think sci-fi movies age that well, but as long as they don't remake "Blade Runner" I'll give this one a pass.

I dunno...3 years after the book was published in America, 6 years after it was published in Sweden...2 years after the Swedish film was released...plus it was done pretty well.

I think it stood up fine without being a hasty remake, which is admittedly rare for Hollywood remakes of foreign films.

THIS.

I don't mind when they remake movies if they are just as good or better.

Dragon Tattoo remake wasn't bad at all.

I also thought Let Me In was better than the original.

The Departed is better than INfernal Affairs, etc...

The whole "shouldn't be done" thing is ridiculous.

Do you get mad when your bands cover a song?

Having different takes on movies is kind of cool when done properly.