My girl's 21st birthday - vacation ideas

nsmbfan

4th of July Weekend (july 6,7,8,9)

destination ideas:

- NEW ORLEANS (her first choice, but once we get there wtf do we do? sketch)

- VEGAS (my first choice, but its a hard sell, she doesn't gamble)

- ANYWHERE, FLORIDA (somewhere with a nice beach and no zombies)

- ANYWHERE, CALIFORNIA (we're from Texas, we still consider CA a vacation destination)

- ST. KITTS, VIRGIN ISLANDS (found decent prices on travelocity)

- MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA (i know a cab driver here, valuable asset on an island)

$2500 budget

things to consider: tumbleweed availability, alcohol (all inclusive or...), a beach or something cool as a beach, other shit to do or see

or your cool idea here: __________

we can't decide

she just asked why i had to post tits

attachment.php?attachmentid=127109&stc=1&d=1202241766

LOL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm headed to New Orleans this Friday. I have no plans besides wandering around, sweating heavily, shooting photos, drinking on the street, and eating a ton of food. I've never actually been, but it's my understanding that there is a lot to do in terms of bars/restaurants/shows/etc all in a pretty walkable area.

I've never been anywhere else on your list besides Florida, and Florida is fucking garbage as a whole.

Standard Ch0 answer, Take her to Pound Town Br0!

Actual helpful answer, Cambria, CA. It's on the coast just north of Morro Bay, just over the foot hills from Paso Robles. Ass load of wineries all around in the hills and the Firestone brewery in Paso Robles. The drive over the hill is amazing tons of vista points and hidden wineries tucked all back in the cuts. You should be able to find a nice little b&b that the girl will love.

• Like 2

Standard Ch0 answer, Take her to Pound Town Br0!

Actual helpful answer, Cambria, CA. It's on the coast just north of Morro Bay, just over the foot hills from Paso Robles. Ass load of wineries all around in the hills and the Firestone brewery in Paso Robles. The drive over the hill is amazing tons of vista points and hidden wineries tucked all back in the cuts. You should be able to find a nice little b&b that the girl will love.

she said that would be fun

but she can't get past being cold on a beach. is it warm in july?

If you can't go on vacation without drugs, you have a few other things to worry about.

With my usual asshole comment out of the way:

$2500 will get destroyed by transportation & lodging in most of these scenarios, so BYOB as much as possible wherever you go.

- NEW ORLEANS = gross.

- VEGAS = overrated & expensive.. depending on what you do. kinda lame with just 2 people.

- ANYWHERE, FLORIDA = less expensive, but most of the state is god awful. Heard the keys are nice, but pricey... the nice costal areas are probably too expensive too.

- ANYWHERE, CALIFORNIA = gridlock is not a vacation.. if you have friends there to show you the insiders guided tour, this is a decent option.

- ST. KITTS, VIRGIN ISLANDS = $2500? do you plan not to eat or drink? even with the local schwag, you'll still want booze. sitting on a beach all day gets old the first day. Maybe you can score an all-inclusive thing.

- MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA = $2500? do you plan not to eat or drink? even with the local schwag, you'll still want booze. not sure how much the cabbie will help, reefers are cheap in general there. sitting on a beach all day gets old the first day, but might be cheaper than VI's.

Try Costa Rica, or someplace tropical but out of the usual tourist way. Mexico is hurting to get people down there, but you kinda already live in Mexico.

Montreal is supposed to be like going to Europe, without going to Europe.. & I would assume cheaper.

tamarindo.gif

tamarindo2.jpg

tamarindot.jpg

tamarindo3.jpg

tamarindo4.png

I went all over Costa Rica a while back and this was one of my favorite spots: Tamarindo.

Fly into Liberia, rent a truck. Be there in about 1 1/2 hrs.

Everything you are looking for: tumbleweeds, alcohol, cheap(since recession at least)

and short flight from Texas (I flew from Phoenix to Houston to Costa Rica), about 4 hrs.

• Like 1

- ANYWHERE, CALIFORNIA = gridlock is not a vacation.

This is only true of the metroplexes. The rest of CA is pretty pristine, and in particular the area I directed him to. The weather can be hit or miss, fog in the morning and clear in the afternoon most of the time but there can be days where it won't burn off. If that happens just head over the hill to Paso Robles or San Luis Obisbo. If it's something that you are going to do, book early for 4th of July. As for poor people, there won't be any.

big doughnut: did you use expedia or travelocity or something? package deal? you said you traveled all of costa rica, i'm guessing you just flew there and rented a truck or walked around.

whats up with the colon? /nh it's their money. does a dollar stretch in costa rica?

If you can't go on vacation without drugs, you have a few other things to worry about.

LOL weeds not a drug

Try Costa Rica, or someplace tropical but out of the usual tourist way. Mexico is hurting to get people down there, but you kinda already live in Mexico.

Montreal is supposed to be like going to Europe, without going to Europe.. & I would assume cheaper.

i'd hate to think i would go to canada to get a genuine european vacation

costa rica sounding better.

big doughnut: did you use expedia or travelocity or something? package deal? you said you traveled all of costa rica, i'm guessing you just flew there and rented a truck or walked around.

whats up with the colon? /nh it's their money. does a dollar stretch in costa rica?

I just searched for cheap flights. Went with my brother, he flew from Chicago, met in Houston, flew

to Liberia. Had a friend and another brother living down there that pointed me to good car

rental place off the airport. We went everywhere, Arenal, Coco, etc..

The high country is absolutely stunning (What it must be like in Austria during the Summer) with Volcanoes, hot springs, and the

natural flowers that are like being in a flower shop(NH).

arenalvolcanosunrise.jpg

TABICON

tabicon.jpg

tabicon2.jpg

ZIP LINES NEAR THERE. So much fun. Get up to 65mph and 400ft above the ground in spots.

36714114667518594f93b.jpg

HANGING BRIDGES

costaricafortunavolcana.jpg

hangingh.jpg

The water in the coastal areas is turquoise and weather is usually hot and predictable.

There isn't a homeless problem like in Mexico with rats asking you for money everywhere.

The dollar goes a long way down there: WALL STREET JOURNAL LINK

vegas is stupid, especially if you have a girl.

and everything else on your list sounds dumb too. pick something that isn't a tourist trap.

ive actually never been to vegas. but you're right, first time shouldnt be with my girl.

what doesn't sound dumb to you? that was the point of this exercise.

name one place on this fucking planet not overwhelmed by fucking people, everythings a tourist trap br0.

maybe we'll just buy a boat on craigslist.