United Cans (Straight out of Melbourne Australia)

funkymelbourne

United Cans is a Melbourne based brand, focusing on street art. The brand was born from the collaboration of writers from Melbourne and Paris.

For the first time in the world, a brand was born from the collaborative work of two cities, 18,000 miles apart. With a joint effort from Street Artists in Melbourne and in Paris and after years of secret preparation, the secret was out in October 2011. The rest is history...

United Cans is proudly supporting Innovation in Street Art.

We are all UNITED...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so what does this innovation between Melbourne and Paris mean for the average writer?

In terms of what would differentiate it from say Ironlak? or Crunch? kings cans? Razor? Sunspots? Ultracolour? NBQ?, MTN? ETC .

and does the fact that a Melbourne head is behind it make it reeeeally special?

I think what is cool in this, is that even if people don't speak the same language, even if they live at the other side of the world, graffiti can bring them together and collaborate on something.

I'm sorry but that means sweet fuck all to the consumer.

Product quality

Value for money

I'll be back when you're going to discuss these concepts in detail.

Well mate, i can only say for what i know in Melbourne. They are the cheapest brand we have here. like $4 a can, so it is pretty cool for bombing and not to bad for a piece or something else. They just have a dozen of colours atm, so there is not much to choose from. But i guess it will come. the chrome and black do the job for me and their blue is mad..

i think it is good for us, because i think the more brands there is, the better it is for us, it increase the competition in between brands..

Shop here needs to sell more than just Montanas, as well as Eckers selling something other than Ironlack...., for $9 a fucking pop.

I'm happy to use some of the more budget stuff here and there but given that I only have access to it through Ozgraff or the Butchers it's not so fucking budget by the time I get access to it.

Annoys the shit out of me.

• 2 months later...

I think there are some dude in VIC, Mcity store or something who do like bulk orders and deliver in regional and Oz..I dont need it since i am down in Melbourne but that might help you guys.It is true Oz graff are not givin any cheap price on those cans.

United is apparently going to bring the colours donut, which is going to be damn helpfull mate at night it was a bit of an issue before..

Peace

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...