Absinthe

John Smith Doe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^lol

best kind i have had is this http://absinthe.in/

United States

In 2007, the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) effectively lifted the longstanding absinthe ban, and has since approved many brands for sale in the U.S. market. This was made possible partly through the TTB's clarification of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) thujone content regulations, which specify that finished food and beverages that contain Artemisia species must be thujone free.[100] In this context, the TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the thujone content is less than 10 ppm (equal to 10 mg/kg).[101][102] This is verified through the use of Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry.[103]

The importation, distribution, and sale of absinthe is permitted with respect to the following restrictions:

• The product must be thujone-free as per TTB guidelines,
  • The word "absinthe" can neither be the brand name nor stand alone on the label, and
  • The packaging cannot "project images of hallucinogenic, psychotropic or mind-altering effects."

Absinthe imported in violation of these regulations is subject to seizure at the discretion of U.S. Customs.[104][105]

Beginning in 2001, a product called Absente was sold legally in the United States under the marketing tagline "Absinthe Refined", but as the product contained sugar, and was made with southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum) and not grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) (prior to 2009), the TTB classified it as a liqueur.

wasnt there already an absinthe thread?

Stay away from Pernod... Shit is evil.

Got wrecked on some on new years eve(?) with an ex a couple years ago and started a thread on here that night.

Half a bottle to myself because she got too sick..... To this day the worst hangover I've ever had.

Do it with the sugar cube. Google it.

Bourdain got some wormwood absinte at a Paris hole in the wall on one of the episode of No Reservations.

My question is really...not that it needs an answer but...whos the idiot that lives inside the US and goes "I think I can actually look up and buy a legitimate hallucinogenic without any issue and have it delivered to my house no problem!!".....Then you take yourself and post on 12oz....yes I use periods excessively!!

My question is really...not that it needs an answer but...whos the idiot that lives inside the US and goes "I think I can actually look up and buy a legitimate hallucinogenic without any issue and have it delivered to my house no problem!!".....Then you take yourself and post on 12oz....yes I use periods excessively!!

I smoked salvia in a hostel in LA, my girlfriend at the time had to convince me I hadn't died and went to hell, for a while I thought I was part of some anthropomorphic roller coaster ride in a demonic theme park, and that I would remain so forever.

This experience was legal.

we sold one absinthe that was labelled 'bitters' to bypass the 10mg/L thujone limit, it ended up being 30 mg/L, bought a bottle of it and did a large amount of shots. even with that i felt no dissociative effects and i ended up vomitting, shit is rough.

i tried some top shelf bohemian absinthe in Czech Republic, shit tastes fucking awesome but even so, none of the stuff they sold had a huge amount of thujone in it.

scientists did a mass spectrometry test on some seriously old absinthe form the 1800's, it was fabled to be around 250mg/L but was total bullshit. a tiny amount.

• 2 weeks later...

i drank absinthe at this chicks house. shes half micro. anyway.. i start tellin loads of offensive micronesian jokes and she ends up stormin out of her own house. i was too drunk to notice so i kept goin on with more jokes until a friend convinced me to shut up. havent drank absinthe since