Clinical Research Studies...

vanfullofretards

Yeah I just talked to someone I know and they did a shorter study at Covance and got over $1,000

to test heart burn medication

HEART BURN MEDICATION

She said she hasn't had any problems since the study

They pay more for more time, not if it's more risky.

Whatever, I'm not trying to argue... I was just seeing if anyone on here has done one of these

THE END

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friend just told me they are slinging phenethylamines in madison wi still...i think they are on tc-t- s or some shit.

just hope you dont get weird stuff like that if you decided to do it.

3000 seems nice until 3 months later your hallucinating dry humping parking meters at 11 am downtown...

as long as the study has been approved by IRB, you should be okay...BUT, in school we did learn about one clinical research study which led to the death of all participants...i think it was in the 80s though.

*edit:

by the way, i used to recruit patients to studies like these in the hospital.

research isn't going to help you, because you are the person they are doing the research ON.

chups is right, a couple years back a woman across town died doing one of these things, and she worked in the lab that was doing the research! she totally knew the potential risks.. it was for an asthma med

so yeah. occasionally, someone dies doing these

i'd think it's WAY more likely for you to die in a car wreck on the way to your appointment though

the ones that pay a lot pretty much always involve inpatient stays

i hate jail of any kind, so i'd much rather just get a job, and i have a good one so i'm set

but if you're broke, i know they can help a mofo out

obviously you can't spend any money if you're in a hospital ward too, so you can save a few bucks

but like shai said, the vast majority will be much lower paying, and will mete the money out over time

i work in this field, you can do ones that are easy as getting your blood pressure measured for $25 (if you qualify)

or, being in an addiction study for cocaine that lasts weeks.

it helps to be in an area where there is a ton of research going on.. the SF Bay area and the washington DC area are probably the best for finding this kinda stuff.

I'm doing the HIV study because....well, here, read up on it.

http://www.helpfighthiv.org/vaccinetrials.htm

I can't think of a better reason than that, besides the $75.

If anyone in the Bay is interested, all they have to do is go to the main UCSF campus info desk and ask them what studies are ongoing. They have a three ring binder full of clinical trials you can take part in if you're who they're looking for.

Psych trials are usually pretty easy, generally it's an interview and/or a questionnaire and doesn't take much more than a couple hours.

rx_clinical_research_studies.jpg

I bet for three grand they;re going to shoot you up with some weird drug, then conduct a study on your butt hole. and it's just like a group of people huddled around your backside just looking at your butthole through a magnifying glass for hours.While wearing these suits......

hazmatsuit_3118.jpg

Or a 50 percent chance that you'll get 3,000 dollars for playing Xbox and eating breast enhancement pills for 10 days.

Then again, you would have tits to play with afterwards. Any time.

Lifetime (both in the sense of your lifespan and selling your story to that stupid channel) money.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm actually here at the clinic now. I got here this morning and I'll stay until noon on Wednesday, then repeat for that same pattern for the next two weeks.

I got accepted into a different study though, which is only paying $1,800. The only thing they base their pay on is the amount of time you spend here.

The meds I'll be taking tomorrow is actually just Prilosec, which is obviously already FDA approved and blah blah blah, they're just looking at the effects of different ways of ingestion.

A lot of it is just hanging out, waiting around, reading, watching dvd's.

SO in other words, I was right and you retards are retarded.

Get in the van.