Clinical Research Studies...

vanfullofretards

Has anyone ever done one? What was it like?

Basically for you niggas that don't know, you go to a research clinic, you take some experimental medicine that's one step away from being approved and you lounge around for a week and they take a blood sample a few times a day. Then they give you a check for $3,000.

I'm thinking about doing one in late May.

By the way, they give you full disclosure about what you're going to be taking (and possible side effects) before they start the study and you can leave any time and receive a partial payment.

I'm hoping it'll just be some boner meds

6651experiment.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im friends with a lot of degenerate punk scum bags who are or have been into doing this stuff for cash. a lot of stuff they do in my city is for AIDS research. they don't just hand over a few grand, they typically pay it over the course of like a year or something.

to me it seems like way more of a hassle than just going to work, but im sure there's certain ones that end up being worth it

Then they give you a check for $3,000.

Where is this study at? I've done several studies (mostly through UCSF and SF Department of Public Health) and never gotten paid more than $150 per visit.

I did get accepted for a $1500 study where they were going to shoot me up with speed three times a day but the catch was I had to sit in bed for a week (besides trips to the bathroom). In the end I decided that it would probably be impossible for me to do this and cancelled.

It all depends on the study. Some you'd have to be totally desperate to participate in (see above). On the filp side, I'm part of an ongoing HIV study with SFDPH- every six months I go in and talk about who I've slept with, take a blood test, then get a check for $75...it takes about a half hour per visit and so far I'm still negative, which is good. I look at it like I'm getting paid to do something I ought to do anyway, so it works out.

It would be through Covance, they have these kinds of studies going on all the time and have clinics around the country. This is their website... http://us.testwiththebest.com/

Apparently none of you guys know what I'm talking about, but anyone I've talked about it with IRL are like "ohhh yeah.. my friend did it and blah blah blah" Maybe it's because I live in a city that has a Covance clinic... They have ads going all the time.

Also, for you "retards" that never went to "college" they couldn't ethically give humans a drug they knew nothing about

There's people that make a living doing this, going from study to study, I guess they can make up to $75,000 a year, but fuck that. That is overboard, once a year is where I'd draw the line.

they couldn't ethically give humans a drug they knew nothing about

They know some things about them...just not enough for the FDA to approve it.

Have fun with your "one step away from being approved" drugs, since I gotta imagine it's going to be something with potential for terrible, long term side effects if they're paying $3000 for people to test it.

From their website:

"Before a medication can be prescribed, it must undergo an extensive testing and approval process. First, the investigational medication goes through rigorous preclinical testing. If it is permitted by regulatory agencies for the next phase of drug development, the investigational medication is then tested for safety in humans through clinical research studies. If endorsed by regulatory agencies after that, the investigational medication is further tested for both safety and effectiveness in patients with the disease or disorder it is intended to treat. The sponsor then submits a report (New Drug Application) to the appropriate regulatory authority, who either approves it, rejects it, or requires more testing. "

Since I'm assuming you don't have the disease or disorders that they're intending to treat, none of these medications are one step away from approval. Infact, according to this, it looks like you'll get to be a front line guinea pig.