Swif1's (finally) doing big things! 'Bout to be a homeowner!

swif1

Backstory: I've been living with my parents for the longest time. For those of you who don't know, I used to rant about how my parents treated me while living under their roof during my high school and college life. Well, I finally graduated and have a full-time job and yet, I still live with them. Things have gotten better so there's no more rants, obviously. My mom still packs my lunch for work, but fuck it. Since I've been living here, I never had to pay rent so I saved up a decent amount of money (I'm almost 30).

Present day: I've been looking around for houses in the area, but couldn't find anything so I decided to look at condos downtown. Several months pass when I finally saw a condo that caught my eye. It was built right around the time the economic bubble burst so I had a feeling I struck gold. I called the realtor to set an appointment on the weekend to check out the place. When my parents and I got there, we were greeted by two people. I guess they're partners, but whatever. We checked the place out and got a tour yadda yadda yadda. I immediately knew this was the place I will live in until I get married (if that will happen, of course).

After they got my credentials, me, my parents, and the realtors finally sat down to sign the papers. It took a while to do the paperwork because the realtors were extremely personable. My parents and I joked that they were gay (in our native tongue) because of how they were talking. As I handed over the contracts, I slipped said, "here you gays." Needless to say, they got offended. While my FOB parents were oblivious to what I said, I was bugging the fuck out and tried to apologize. It wasn't until the realtors started talking about equal rights in an assertive tone when my parents got scared and decided I'm moving to auntie and uncle's house in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought, "man forget it, yo homes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "yo homes, smell ya later!' Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Condos = apartments.

And all the rules and regulations that go with living in an apartment building.

If you're gonna live in an apartment, then just pay rent and keep your options open.

If you're gonna "buy property" then buy actual property that doesn't come with all the cramping, rules and restrictions of living in an apartment building.

$0.02

damn son youre about to move out your parents crib and you're almost thirty?

22-23 years old maybe.

you better be a fuckin doctor or sumthin champ

how was that experience tho? u just moved out the parents crib now yer goin straight to buying a house?

live in sum shitty apartments or rent a house with sum friends or sumthin first bro. live a little

mang, i bought a house so long ago.

even with everything that's gone down, no regrets.

congrats, that's a lot of signatures, isn't it? i sat there for so long.

the weirdest part was when the guy pointed to the one paragraph and said to me "no matter how long you have been paying your mortgage, if you miss more than 60 days of payments they will take your house."

fucking banks.

oh well, i am actually ahead on it by several months.. i recommend doing that after you get some extra money, it's nice to have that cushion.

Condos = apartments.

And all the rules and regulations that go with living in an apartment building.

If you're gonna live in an apartment, then just pay rent and keep your options open.

If you're gonna "buy property" then buy actual property that doesn't come with all the cramping, rules and restrictions of living in an apartment building.

$0.02

condos also have condo fees

that was something i was never willing to commit to, which is basically an agreement that they can charge you however much they want, every single month, just to be a part of their stupid fucking club. no way was i signing up for that.

condo associations are the sorts of places that force a guy to euthanize his pet, and so he kills himself.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/blaming_us_is_just_pit_bull_F1kBWwYhhwui6B3tecpcuK