MTN Black, White & Gold

cheesypeanuts

what the fuck is the difference between them all??

i know that montana white is gloss and black and gold are matt paints, but whats the difference?

i tried to 'research' this shit lookin on websites that sell paint, u know graphotism, fat buddha, graff city shit like that but in their descriptions they basically say the same thing about two different paints.

anyone know th fuckin difference?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MTN is Spanish Montana (the original) and they make Hardcore, 94 and Alien. The German Montana (motip-dupli) produces the white, black and gold lines. Some people make a big deal about motip-dupli being a mega corporation, and MTN being by writers, for writers. Personally I don't care, more choice is good.

• 2 weeks later...
what the fuck is the difference between them all??

i know that montana white is gloss and black and gold are matt paints, but whats the difference?

i tried to 'research' this shit lookin on websites that sell paint, u know graphotism, fat buddha, graff city shit like that but in their descriptions they basically say the same thing about two different paints.

anyone know th fuckin difference?

Okay buddy, my first post on 12OZ, okay so Gold is Low to med pressure matte...black is high pressure, montana white has a more natural pigment paint, much petter paint quality and cheap too,

now with spanish mtn, i'm guessing its the same.. Goldline=94....Blackline=Hardcore...and White and Alien are their own thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

White is great - in Australia it costs as much as MTN Hardcores and Ironlak, but it covers better than either. The pressure seems to be a bit less than Ironlak or MTN, try it out. There's a huge price diff between White and Black, and I can't really justify buying it for the matt finish since both cover about as good as each other, although the Black's colour range is about 3 times as big as the White's. Dunno bout Gold.

I don't really agree with not starting out with Montana, since starting out with shit paint can be frustrating. It might very quickly give you finger strength since you use more cans to cover the same area, but buy good paint if it's not too expensive. You get almost twice as much colour out of a good mid-priced can than one which is 2 or 3 dollars cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Montana Black is the only one of the three I would spend money on. Best all around. Huge colour selection, really easy to control despite the high pressure, works in hot and cold environments (good for Canadian winters), solid coverage and much more ideal than the Gold for fast missions. Everyone has their own preferences but Black is superior IMO.