Ordering thangs from China - gon get raped?

nsmbfan

anybody done this?

I know a guy who got shipped all kinds of shit from there (steroids n such), but I heard you got to have a pretty good source.

i started looking online

Dhgate.com is a popular wholesaler

for example...

we can all agree, micro sd is a micro sd, who cares about the brand. and all chinese people make them so they're all the same, right? put it in your phone, it works.

(step 1)

32gb micro sd from DHgate.com (chiiiiiina.... $8.68 each)

http://www.dhgate.com/-20pcs-lot-32gb-micro-sd-card-32gb-tf-card/p-ff80808130ff1696013102a4adc85c92.html

(step 2)

32gb micro sd from Amazon.com ($18.00 each)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=32gb+micro+sd

(step 3)

PROFIT

I sell cell phones now, and have money to furnish an accessories portion of the kiosk. This would be a great way to do it.... if not the only way. just wary of the slant eyes.

HAS ANYBODY had success ordering shit from fucking China??

business opportunity or am i gonna get identity thefted?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only thru ebay/paypal

only small orders

sellers were legit

i can tell you though, paypal has a tendency to side with the buyer.

the real risk is probably with the quality of the merch

i got a fucking generic ass SD card once in egypt though in the desert. shit works fine, years later. prolly is all the same

• Like 1

I think the one problem you may face is that if you order 1000 sd cards from China and none of them work, there's going to be no way to get any sort of customer service, or have any of it replaced.

It's going to be a one time, buy in bulk now, and keep your fingers crossed. If they don't work, or wind up with half of them being shit for whatever reason, you'll have to take the loss.

there was a thread on another forum im on (straightrazorplace) that deals with buying wholesale straight from china.

the people in that thread wanted to buy a brand of straight razors called "gold dollar"...which they sell from china for anywhere from $2 a piece to $5 a piece...but you have to buy a few hundred at a time.

people buy the straight razors for really cheap in bulk and then turn around and sell them on amazon or ebay for anywhere from $15-$20 a razor.

so one member actually got in touch with the person from china to ask for samples...and the vendor agreed...for free....so that might be your best bet....get some free sample.

the only problem was that the vendor was gonna send about 5 free samples, but the buyer had to pick up the shipping and handling which was around $50.

so, you can test the quality with some free samples first, but be prepared to come out the pocket on shipping and handling charges (although for sd cards, i cant imagine them costing that much)

The Chinese version of Ebay is Taobao: http://www.taobao.com/index_global.php although I'm not sure if they have an English site, although I think they do.

I've only ever bought on line when I was in China and everything worked out dandy. My Chinese friends here regularly buy stuff without dramas. If you are looking at buying in bulk on a regular type deal then your best bet, by far is to go over there and set up a personal relationship with some one. I can help with that, as in the best way to go about it and the culture of the business. Hit me up on PM if you go that way.

What I really want myself is a personal relationship with a paint supplier in Guangdong. Cheap ass paint delivered to the door in bulk, that would be very nice.

You can easily talk down the price of paint, but delivery, that's another cost & issue.

Whatever you decide to order, make sure of the return policy up front. In China, it would not be uncommon to have to buy clothes without being able to try them on, and no ability to return them if they don't fit. Similarly, if you order food at a restaurant and it tastes bad, or you get the wrong order, you may be expected to keep it without complaint. Don't know what would happen with other items.

Yeah, we've gotten clothes that were not as they looked on the site but given the exceedingly low costs involved when in China we didn't give a shit.

The problem with paint is that buying from most places requires a large scale order (like 5k cans minimum) and there is no way to ensure that you're going to get the right pigment count, the proper valves, etc. In saying that I haven't looked too deeply in to it and would be more than happy to hear from some one who has.

I copped a 16gb 10 inch tablet from China for $160 and they took paypal......... Everything works on it...(built in wifi) internet, camera, camcorder, android market, etc...... but the overall quality of the case compared to a us tablet is kinda weak.....

The speed is fast for the internet and processor...... for the price...

China is still the cheapest for most things, has greatest availability, fully formed supply lines and logistical support and loves money more than it hates the US.

And you get the satisfaction of knowing your product was made with that special ingredient- the sweat of innocent women and children.

And you get the satisfaction of knowing your product was made with that special ingredient- the sweat of innocent women and children.

Innocent women and Children..., who's minimum legal wages have increased by about 40% in the last couple of years, who now have the ability to influence union negotiations, who have separate industrial arbitration where the can take their employer on wages and working environment issues?

Are these the 'innocent women and children' you speak of? You sure you have your shit right?

Chinese labor conditions are not perfect, neither are they in the US, Australia, Canada, etc. That is not to say that illegal shit like brick kiln kidnap doesn't still occur, but it is not legal and not tolerated in China or the US.

The working conditions in China are improving at a significant clip and to brand China as a slave labor sweat shop is to show ignorance on the matter. Go ask those people in China with jobs if they wish that markets in the US and the developed world would boycott their product.

/serious post is serious

I used to buy fake Red Monkey jeans, bape, and air force one sneakers from china websites (and gangster Rastafarians) religiously back in the day and sell em that shit was good teenage money. Anyway, I never had a problem with any of the websites I used to buy fake shit from. But, if youre looking for real shit and the price is too good to be true, it is!

im not into gucci condoms man, i dont care whether its fake or not, does it work?

i can see if you're into fashion then that makes sense.

but what seperates real from fake when it comes to electronics? branding? marketing? because it has a commercial you've seen, that validates it?

same manufacturers make same chips and diods and transistors as all major brand name retailers (samsung, sony, apple, etc etc etc)

all child labor, except YOU pay more for a name that you "recognize".

in this instance, SanDISK being a brand you may recognize... but the unbranded same technology goes for less - no marketing involved. like the grocery store brand cereal, same shit lower price.

i was just wondering if this was on the level as nigerians and princes and wiring money.... cuz the last time i did THAT....