Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ipod90

2 Week Vegan Challenge (personal challenge)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
the original point i was trying to make is that if your not a conscientious eater then any diet will fail. have you heard of such things as "free range" "organic farm" meat? ITS FUCKING DELICIOUS.

Yeah, I've heard of it. . . but still would rather avoid it if I can. Lots of things are billed at "free range" and just barely meet the standards to be qualified as such.

Although, I do plan on getting some chickens so that I can eat the eggs and not feel bad about it.

i developed a milk allergy as an adult

fucking rare and it's weird.

no more milk for me.

good luck ipod90

it's cool people can try some shit and be open-minded about it

i'm pretty over the rampant criticism and hatred that people generally give as feedback to basically anything

i became lactose intolerant too but i cut dairy out of my diet and couldn't poop at all. so i took lactate pills and that was way worse. now i eat some to regulate the digestion. better than having to take a fiber substitute drink.

an dr. science, ya gotta do your home work. find out where your food is actually coming from. thats the point of being conscientious. go local, way easier to trust and usually real fresh.

Yeah, I've heard of it. . . but still would rather avoid it if I can. Lots of things are billed at "free range" and just barely meet the standards to be qualified as such.

Although, I do plan on getting some chickens so that I can eat the eggs and not feel bad about it.

Didnt you make a post saying how it was weird for humans to be drinking the milk of another animal ? But you're alright with eating chicken periods ?

I love both but just found that strange.

:lol:

you get fucking sick and tired of eggs when you get chickens and you arent selling their eggs.

seriously.

Fuck outta here you blasphemous faggots.

Skim milk gallon crusher while I curl unopened skim milk gallons for muscle development.

The ultimate thirst quencher when your Ma refused to buy FUN COOL FRUIT drinks or cereal that didn't come in a bag.

While eating meat makes you feel like a man? It's amazing how men are so afraid of anything that's good for them. . . I'd rather look like a bitch eating Soy then have blood in my stool from colon cancer and an enlarged heart.

i'd rather eat awesome food (non bitch shit), then die early because growing old and watching everyone around you die is overrated

I eat whatever I want and a decent amount of it is not health conscious.

Do push ups and chin ups.

Eat what you want.

Do more push ups and chin ups.

^^I think System Failures onto something here, but you forgot squats, gotta target that lower body too

yeah, but we live past 25 because of advances in medicine and a better understanding of our own biology, which is something the cavemen didnt have.

im sure cavemen didnt know what an infection was.

Veganism and Vegetarianism is a fucking epidemic in the bay area. Every roommate I've had in the last 5 years has been vegetarian. I did it for a while just because I was coaching swimming and I needed to eat a lot of carbs that would give me energy quickly, so I was eating 3 or four salads (nh) in that lunch time.

But every time I hear a roommate talk about how its SPIRITUALLY better to be a vegetarian I eat a bacon-wrapped sausage right in front of them and leave all the fat splatters on the stovetop.... not like they have the energy to keep the apartment clean anyway.

i think people are using that argument because of evolution...our body requires a lot of protein every day.... its about 0.8 grams per every kilogram of body weight (if you have a sedentary lifestyle)....so a 220 pound man would need about 80 grams of protein a day

because (220pounds /2.2 pounds per kilogram = 100 kilograms and times 0.8 would give you 80)...but this would be for someone with not a whole lot of body fat%.

a very active person, would need upwards of 1-1.3 grams of protein per kilogram body weight...so the 220 pound man would need over 100 grams of protein.

i think what people are trying to say is that this huge protein requirement was probably a necessity that we adapted to having from our evoltionary ancestors nutrition, which was probably composed of a high protein diet, because they ate animals they hunted to survive (along with eating nuts and berries and other things too).

but because now that food is so plentiful (all you have to do is go into a supermarket and buy it), and we are more aware of our nutrition, it is possible to live a normal healthy lifestyle as a vegan as long as you get your proteins and complimentary proteins in (to get the right amount of essential amino acids)

I'm not arguing the fact that people can live healthy lives now without meat, though. All I said was that the argument of 'cavemen did it, so it's sweet' is a bit redundant considering most of them only lived to 25.

There isn't a doctor I've come across that hasn't told me eating red meat every day is bad for me. Trust me, I went to a fair few trying to find one that would!

100g of protein would be a fair few lentils...

youd have to eat about 400 grams of lentils to get 100 grams of proteins, but like i said...you need complimentary proteins because of limiting amino acids...the best protein is actually from an egg...because of the high levels of all types of amino acids, so the limiting amino acid is high in value.

i agree with you on the eating a whole lot of red meat is bad for you...and doctors dont recommend it..and most doctors will point out moderation in everything..even red wine for cardiovascular benefits.

but some red meat is actually good for you, because not only is it a good source of protein, but also has good nutritional value to it...including iron, which is good for people with anemia....especially women who dont want to have to take iron pills.

Very true, I've wheened my girl off of iron tablets by introducing her to good red meat and spinach! Her levels are perfect again, if you believe in the levels they tell you, I guess?

Like you said, people are so much more informed, but I genuinely think that the information about what we should and shouldn't eat is so contradictory and so over saturated these days, that people just say FUCK IT.

Some idiot eats Maccas every single day for a month or some shit and proclaims that it's bad for you? Really mate? Really?

If you're feeling a bit off. I would suggest taking out all processed food for at least a week, no red meat, no bread, no dairy what so ever, then introduce them back into your diet one by one - you'll be able to tell what's making you feel sick. For me, unfortunately, it's red meat.

Like you said, people are so much more informed, but I genuinely think that the information about what we should and shouldn't eat is so contradictory and so over saturated these days, that people just say FUCK IT.

i agree with you 110%!

for every study that says one thing, there are 2 or 3 saying the complete opposite!

some of the research studies on food and nutrition in peer reviewed journals are even funded by the product themselves!

for example, studies on high fructose corn syrup can be funded by groups like the corn refiners association, to find out all the postive aspects of HFCS, even though the cons of HFCS may actually outweigh the pros.

another example is those diet pills...if they claim one thing, and a research study shows evidence that its not true, all they have to do is change one aspect of the ingredient and they can use the same marketing again....no FDA regulation on this.

so much contradiction, that people either pick and choose what side to believe, or just give up completely and stop caring.

*edit:

just googled maccas...wow..didnt know thats what Australians called mcdonalds.

Hello All.

As you know I have not updated since Friday night.(I think) Although

the weekend is over my vegan nightmare has is still got a hold

of me. Which means more vegan filling's and snacks.

Here is last nights meal, Noodles with broccoli and other oriental seasonings and spices...

2qd90xz.jpg

It was quite delicious.

Tonights meal was Gnocchi pasta. It was very nice but was screaming for the Parmesan cheese

in my refrigerator, but staying strong to the vegan way's I did not add.

316x99i.jpg

Gnocchi just added to pasta sauce after being cooked to perfection.

sdh55w.jpg

Final product complimented with a cool ginger beer. I devoured this in about ten minutes

being as hungry as I am.

Other than these main meals I have been snacking quite regularly,

nuts and fruit being the main staple of snacks. I have not been drinking as much water as I would

have liked so hopefully I can change that in the next few days.

Personally I have not noticed any changes in my behavior or outlook on eating meat yet. I still want to meat and

do not feel like this diet is going to change anything. The only change I have really noticed has been in the

bathroom department. I am noticing a little less friction in the number 2's and the number 1's are looking a tad

darker in colour than usual. Which is letting me know I need more water during the day. So yeah thats about it really.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions there will be more updates to come as I continue on.