2 Week Vegan Challenge (personal challenge)

ipod90

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously? i drank 2% till about the age of 16/17...then went to 1% till about 3 years ago...been drinking skim milk for the past 3 years....so, i should go back to 1%?

Yeah man i drank skim for awhile until about 4 months ago and then went back to 2%. Waaaay better

. . . but in this day and age I refuse to put over processed, over preserved, infected meat that cut with unhealthy fillers and pumped full of antibiotics into my body.

the original point i was trying to make is that if your not a conscientious eater then any diet will fail. have you heard of such things as "free range" "organic farm" meat? ITS FUCKING DELICIOUS.

i just got excited thinking about how great the meats i get to cook and grill actually are. last week i had some organic bison meat mixed with free range lean ground beef (both local) and then to top it off i put applewood smoked bacon in that shit and devoured it. and i felt fucking great. i kind of felt like the bread in that deal was unnecessary. like i could have easily just made hot dogs wrapped in bacon and used the burgers as the buns itself. and meat sauce as the only topping. fuuuuuck.

ipod90, its about to get nice out and the farmers markets should be going hard. check that shit out for your produce..... well you can pretty much get anything at those. and reasonably cheap. i try to get to my local farmers market a bit later to pick up good deals on certain foods but if you want really really fresh shit ya gotta go early.

and i heard the drummer of fall out boy played in vegan reich for a bit. so bump this.

Earth_Crisis_-_Firestorm.jpg

then you'll look like this...if you over do the soy

Earth-Crisis.jpg

Yeah man i drank skim for awhile until about 4 months ago and then went back to 2%. Waaaay better

i don't know if i could go back to 2%..i can do 1% though....the original reason i switched from 2% to 1% was cause of a report i saw on the news talking about how much fat you're actually intaking from one cup of milk....they showed that same cup with only the fat in it and it was almost 1/4 of the cup.

Adult mammals really have no business drinking fluid milk, it is by design a super rich/high fat food to promote growth in early life. I can honestly count on one hand the number of glasses of milk I have had in the past year. My kids smash two gallons a week but the oldest is only 8. Cooking yes, cheese sure, but fluid milk, yuck.

i developed a milk allergy as an adult

fucking rare and it's weird.

no more milk for me.

good luck ipod90

it's cool people can try some shit and be open-minded about it

i'm pretty over the rampant criticism and hatred that people generally give as feedback to basically anything

the original point i was trying to make is that if your not a conscientious eater then any diet will fail. have you heard of such things as "free range" "organic farm" meat? ITS FUCKING DELICIOUS.

Yeah, I've heard of it. . . but still would rather avoid it if I can. Lots of things are billed at "free range" and just barely meet the standards to be qualified as such.

Although, I do plan on getting some chickens so that I can eat the eggs and not feel bad about it.

i developed a milk allergy as an adult

fucking rare and it's weird.

no more milk for me.

good luck ipod90

it's cool people can try some shit and be open-minded about it

i'm pretty over the rampant criticism and hatred that people generally give as feedback to basically anything

i became lactose intolerant too but i cut dairy out of my diet and couldn't poop at all. so i took lactate pills and that was way worse. now i eat some to regulate the digestion. better than having to take a fiber substitute drink.

an dr. science, ya gotta do your home work. find out where your food is actually coming from. thats the point of being conscientious. go local, way easier to trust and usually real fresh.

Yeah, I've heard of it. . . but still would rather avoid it if I can. Lots of things are billed at "free range" and just barely meet the standards to be qualified as such.

Although, I do plan on getting some chickens so that I can eat the eggs and not feel bad about it.

Didnt you make a post saying how it was weird for humans to be drinking the milk of another animal ? But you're alright with eating chicken periods ?

I love both but just found that strange.

While eating meat makes you feel like a man? It's amazing how men are so afraid of anything that's good for them. . . I'd rather look like a bitch eating Soy then have blood in my stool from colon cancer and an enlarged heart.

i'd rather eat awesome food (non bitch shit), then die early because growing old and watching everyone around you die is overrated

Veganism and Vegetarianism is a fucking epidemic in the bay area. Every roommate I've had in the last 5 years has been vegetarian. I did it for a while just because I was coaching swimming and I needed to eat a lot of carbs that would give me energy quickly, so I was eating 3 or four salads (nh) in that lunch time.

But every time I hear a roommate talk about how its SPIRITUALLY better to be a vegetarian I eat a bacon-wrapped sausage right in front of them and leave all the fat splatters on the stovetop.... not like they have the energy to keep the apartment clean anyway.

i think people are using that argument because of evolution...our body requires a lot of protein every day.... its about 0.8 grams per every kilogram of body weight (if you have a sedentary lifestyle)....so a 220 pound man would need about 80 grams of protein a day

because (220pounds /2.2 pounds per kilogram = 100 kilograms and times 0.8 would give you 80)...but this would be for someone with not a whole lot of body fat%.

a very active person, would need upwards of 1-1.3 grams of protein per kilogram body weight...so the 220 pound man would need over 100 grams of protein.

i think what people are trying to say is that this huge protein requirement was probably a necessity that we adapted to having from our evoltionary ancestors nutrition, which was probably composed of a high protein diet, because they ate animals they hunted to survive (along with eating nuts and berries and other things too).

but because now that food is so plentiful (all you have to do is go into a supermarket and buy it), and we are more aware of our nutrition, it is possible to live a normal healthy lifestyle as a vegan as long as you get your proteins and complimentary proteins in (to get the right amount of essential amino acids)

I'm not arguing the fact that people can live healthy lives now without meat, though. All I said was that the argument of 'cavemen did it, so it's sweet' is a bit redundant considering most of them only lived to 25.

There isn't a doctor I've come across that hasn't told me eating red meat every day is bad for me. Trust me, I went to a fair few trying to find one that would!

100g of protein would be a fair few lentils...

youd have to eat about 400 grams of lentils to get 100 grams of proteins, but like i said...you need complimentary proteins because of limiting amino acids...the best protein is actually from an egg...because of the high levels of all types of amino acids, so the limiting amino acid is high in value.

i agree with you on the eating a whole lot of red meat is bad for you...and doctors dont recommend it..and most doctors will point out moderation in everything..even red wine for cardiovascular benefits.

but some red meat is actually good for you, because not only is it a good source of protein, but also has good nutritional value to it...including iron, which is good for people with anemia....especially women who dont want to have to take iron pills.