Stay in nice apartments with view OR move into suburbia to have house/garage/back yard ?

nsmbfan

Re: Stay in nice apartments with view OR move into suburbia to have house/garage/back yard

NSMB i heard about a 14 year old girl who bought a house in tampa. She bought it with the money she made selling furniture on craigslist from foreclosed houses. Her mom's a real estate agent so her mom needed someone to either throw all the furniture away or do what her daughter did, sell it all.

Point is if I lived in the south I'd be buying all the houses and renting them out.

I'm renting because i live in the dumbest part of the world that still pays $800,000-$1,200,000 for a 2200 sq foot home.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Stay in nice apartments with view OR move into suburbia to have house/garage/back yard

I haven't read all the replies yet,but I just gotta say...

EVEN SHITTLES TASTE THE ASSHOLE HASN'T DERAILED THIS THREAD

not one single troll...

35bi7mo.jpg

fuck it, a house in Australia would be dope

what's it take to move there?

It kinda makes a lot of sense when you're young (like dude who made this thread), unmarried and without kids, (like the dude who made this thread) and live in modern day America (like dude who made this thread) where just because you have a good paying job now, doesn't mean you will next year or even next month.

truth. I was making a lot more last year, and more still the year before. I don't need a 30 year mortgage.

plus I'd like to have as much leftover for disposable income. vacations and shit. living life.

i'm deciding whether to rent a house with more space or keep renting the apartment.

there's a lot of good shit in here though. props to all of you if I could, I ran out halfway.

I made this thread really to figure out what you guys think any benefits would be to renting a house versus an apartment. I need ammo so I don't have to use the "BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GONNA FUCKING DO CUZ I SAID SO" card. Honey vs vinegar.

and she's worth it. not married but it's only been 8 months. gonna do the Gene Simmons thing if I knock her up

i know nothing about property purchase

has a golf ball ever interrupted sunday lunch?

nah, although if one comes crashing through, the manager said she'd buy me lunch while the window gets replaced.

mandatory renters insurance here ( because of this probably )

"does the Harry"

that sounds way more fucking interesting than anything said so far

2yw7n8m.jpg

related: "movin like bernie"

like-bernie-o.gif

<-- white people black people --->

black people move like bernie a lot better

mandatory renters insurance here ( because of this probably )

The landlord's policy would cover any damage to the actual building. They mandate the renters insurance so you have your own liability coverage, as they'd prefer your ass to get sued than theirs.

To Walid: renters insurance just covers the tenants' belongings and their liability. We still have normal landlord policies that the owner would secure to cover the building and their liability as well. No clue where you're at, but I'm sure there are similar personal property and/or liability policies available for people who rent. Probably not as commonplace as here though, since America is sue happy and having liability coverage is more of a concern.

the real estate market has bottomed out, so now is the time if you're interested

if you wait 3-7 years, prices will be back up

For a person that works in the scientific field this really sounds like a comment that is based more on conventional opinion rather than facts.

Prices are still going down, for the most part here in the North West, I maintain that prices will stop falling when they hit mid-nineties levels.

• Like 1

That golf course view is starving, who wants to look at pale white yuppie legs putting a ball around all day long. Get the house, the the garage, get the space.

Apartments are cool, but as a grown man I need a garage and I need space to stretch my shit out.

NSMB i heard about a 14 year old girl who bought a house in tampa. She bought it with the money she made selling furniture on craigslist from foreclosed houses. Her mom's a real estate agent so her mom needed someone to either throw all the furniture away or do what her daughter did, sell it all.

Point is if I lived in the south I'd be buying all the houses and renting them out.

I'm renting because i live in the dumbest part of the world that still pays $800,000-$1,200,000 for a 2200 sq foot home.

14yr olds CANNOT BUY HOUSES, unless they're rich and can pay it all off at once.

A bank wouldn't ever knowingly enter into a contract with a non-wealthy juvenile.

Contract is void nigga.

• 3 weeks later...

i just got kicked the fuck out of my apartments! but nicely?

thru an unlikely set of circumstances and events, I am free to break my lease at the end of the month with a zero balance and a good renters history!

really the best of all possible solutions, NOW I CAN MOVE! have to!

whatever you do, in getting to whatever decision you two come to, dont forget that youre arguing about moving in/somewhere with this person. as in, dont butt-heads too much cause youre about to continue living with this person and if in doing so you just piss each other off itll prob only result in one person paying the rent all alone. we've all seen that one blow up on a buddy. know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and learn to value some level of compromise.

2 cents....

edit: I grew up in philly where ppl were sardine stacked. now i live in a house in the subs in the midwest. 4 bdrm 2 full bath. attached garage, fenced in yard. normal neighborhood that is homicide free. i liked aspects of both but will always prefer the space and quiet of my house. 1000 a month for payment and util. at least if youre gonna rent, rent a house.

i just got kicked the fuck out of my apartments! but nicely?

thru an unlikely set of circumstances and events, I am free to break my lease at the end of the month with a zero balance and a good renters history!

really the best of all possible solutions, NOW I CAN MOVE! have to!

Why'd you get the boot?

the neighbors got tired of all the man on man sex orgies he was having at all hours of the night.

thats what nsmb stands for.. NastySex(with)Men(and)Boys fan.

this is just a theory though. for all i know he's a wonderful neighbor.

Why'd you get the boot?

racism.

i am a white guy. the only white guy. my apartments illegally "blockbuster"d me on the wrong side of the complex. this is a setup.

i pointed it out. said i wanted to move. she obliged.

if i had money for a lawyer, i'd be paid.