To an EXPERIENCED writer that gives a shit about lonely toys

SureisShitty

This may sound bitchy, and there are a lot of people on here who will call that out. so nb4 you call me a faggot....fuck right off. This is for people who give a shit about graffiti and not necessarily the lifestyle that a lot of people assume typically comes with it.

here goes

Basically, I'm at a turning point on every level of what I'm involved in in my life. I've been at this shit for a year, and often times I feel like I have a better perspective on it than other people who've been at it a year. I've had my run ins, I've done my thousands of dollars of damage(and I've currently reconciled with the law), and done a lot of the dumb shit that toys with no mentor can do.

Aside from our mutual art interests I'm at a turning point in everything else, adulthood, higher education, perhaps the ability to put it to really good use.

Basically, doing this shit puts a lot at stake, but I can't help but love doing what i do, bathroom tags, sneaking into tiny ass yards to avoid the city spotlights, walking out to abandoned ass places and bridges in the day to practice or do whatever i feel like. whew....and nothing's funner than breaking out a kiwi mop on some ruined ass building next to a busy road. it's not exactly the generic picture of writing...but I like what I got going, and it's still enough to cause some shit.

So, I'm not looking for you to post sentimental shit or shit calling me a maudlin little pussy. I just need to talk to someone who's been at it a while(years, if you think you got the most experience out of who's willing to speak to me go for it) through some private messages. Need to talk to someone about the true pay off over time, how shit really is beyond seeing kings with sponsorships go to crazy places and getting paid. I'm not exposed to the bigger picture, but with time I know I can be, and I don't think a lot of the beginners on here that have a similar background really know what I'm sayin.

Keep in mind, I tend to get on these forums and post stuff like this after something really bad happens, which is the case. this probably sounds a bit rediculous but I'd still like to get in touch with some people if they wanna.

Also, to those that will hopefully become familiar with outside of the net in the years to come, judge the work not the stupid ass posts.

Bump this shit if you feel me. Much respect to the level headed.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Working on the better part of twenty years i can tell you there is no glitz and glamour for the 99%. Do it because you love it or find another hobby. Traditionally writers do bad in general, like dead or on drugs or are just plain fuck ups.

You will never be justified, you will never get any kind of acceptance for your actions outside of the "writing community" and unless your as good as rime at painting(which i can assure you, you are not) your never gonna get paid from this.

Either learn to steal really well and jump head first into "pro writer" or go get an education and leave it at weekend warrior status. Honestly, thats what works for most people. You seem like your making it some sort of moral dilemma about how dedicated you are to being a full time criminal.

Either you are or you arent man, there is no middle ground. You know without hesitation if you have that in you or not... just accept it one way or the other.

• Like 2

Yeah that's what I wanted to hear. I don't see why you couldn't say....engineer by day or some shit and go out by night. but I guess if you get arrested every so often...especially with a felony charge which I've noticed is pretty easy to obtain you'd never go far in fields like that.....guess some people gotta settle for that weekend warrior status

wasn't really a moral dilemma...I've never had an issue with it personally. But it does feel shitty to waste your family's time getting helped out of bad situations and throwing away the money you could make in the future.

Well fuck, props to you I'll try to find a healthy balance.

Working on the better part of twenty years i can tell you there is no glitz and glamour for the 99%. Do it because you love it or find another hobby. Traditionally writers do bad in general, like dead or on drugs or are just plain fuck ups.

You will never be justified, you will never get any kind of acceptance for your actions outside of the "writing community" and unless your as good as rime at painting(which i can assure you, you are not) your never gonna get paid from this.

Either learn to steal really well and jump head first into "pro writer" or go get an education and leave it at weekend warrior status. Honestly, thats what works for most people. You seem like your making it some sort of moral dilemma about how dedicated you are to being a full time criminal.

Either you are or you arent man, there is no middle ground. You know without hesitation if you have that in you or not... just accept it one way or the other.

This is fucking gold, however he did not mention that once graffiti is part of your life, it will always be. It's not something you can just turn on and off, as many times as I have tried to over the years. I have grown man responsibilities but I still creep out and do my thing, knowing how retarded I would look in front of a judge as a 30somthing year old man busted for wrighting a made up name on other peoples shit.

haha for sure graffiti will always be apart of you no matter how hard you try to fight it. i almost got into and accident the other day driving down the freeway turning my head looking at some painted shit up high. No real money in it unless you get into graphic design or some shit but even then its hard as fuck. move on with life keep writing or don't. For most its just a hobby but a hobby that is kept dearest to our hearts ;P .. not every writer is a dead beat junkie stereotype btw :rolleyes: though i do know some fuckers that are like that

I'm about to hit 40, started writing in 1983, been busted but no crim record from it.

I have a career, married, blah blah. When I have the time and capital I buy a bunch of paint and go hit some legal walls. I still sketch, go searching to take photos and whenever I travel I ALWAYS go see what the local scene is like. When I lived in China I hooked up with a local crew and painted with them a bunch of times even though we could barely communicate.

I like the rebellious and anti-social side of graf but I'm fucked if I'm going to destroy all other life prospects just so I can "keep it real". That shit is disproportionate and short-sighted. Nothing other than your kids are all of your life, painting, your career and whatever else are only part of your life. Keeping balance is the key to keeping it real.

cool story old man....

• Like 1