korny 2012

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: kony 2012

Just checked again almost 10 mil views Drue is right about it changing things, this seems pretty big, but as others pointed out fuck them only giving 32% or some shit to the kids

Overnight- 26 million now has a video ever gone this viral this fast? Drue?

i skipped page 3, cause all your ignorant babble was making me yawn, but given the obnoxious group think on this board, i doubt anything changed.

the organization wasn't started to feed starving kids in uganda, it was started to bring exposure to the situation, thats why only 32%, or 50% goes to the kids. the rest is going to 'illegal lobbying', i.e.: trying to get the government to get involved and assist the ugandan government, which was the focus of the entire thing. ya'll fools acting like they're just skimming off the top and buying hookers. yes, its tough to watch some white uppity ass privileged kids get all upset about something thats been going on for thousands of years, but so what? so we're just supposed to let it keep happening cause it been happening? cause the dude behind it looks like a douche? maybe he does, but for 10 years he's been working on something far more noble than any motherfucker here has. fail or succeed, look like a total douche in a picture with a rocket launcher, he still attempted something that served no other purpose than trying to help others. fuck y'all did? racked some paint? caught tags on bitches and posted them on the internet?

y'all do realize you're being as cliche as you're accusing these people of. if they're hipsters who only like something on fb to see cool, y'all are only hating to seem cool. this situation is fucked up and no matter how long its gone on, if theres an opportunity to stop it, thats a pretty big goal. not because taking out this one dude will save the world, but because of the message it sends. that in a time where no one trusts any politicians and we're all so fucking jaded that we can't even respect someones good intentions, that people can still make a difference. maybe its just sharing something on fb, making its donating a few dollars, but it all adds up to something larger and sets a president that could be applied to any number of different situations. one of which may someday matter to you. pathetic fucks.

• Like 1

this meme shit is one of the most subversively destructive things ever to happen to society.

you can take something serious and no matter how awful, after 2 or 3 pictures of kittens and stupid puns, all of a sudden it's become a complete joke and the severity of the entire situation is laughed off.

to me, that shit is far worse than any do-good hipster. weve become an entire country of perpetual 15 year old girls too frightened to have your own beliefs so we use irony and indifference as some sort of comical shield. fucking pathetic.

• Like 1

i spent the time others spent making faggot facebook groups and buying posters, reading articles on both sides of the situation to come to my own opinion. actually i spent a lot more time reading than that.

it just happens to coincide with the fact that i hate faggot hipsters. that makes me an asshole how?

and im only trolling dudes on facebook because my work contract finishes tomorrow and im fucking bored.

of course they're funny. i laughed at all of them.

the problem is that they immediately make serious matters into a joke and our emotions instantly shift from 'oh, thats fucked up, i can't believe thats happening' to 'oh, thats fucked up i can't believe they'd joke about that'. to 'oh, that person is a faggot for caring'.

this sort of shit is the same thing that fox news does, where they take a serious matter and put some ridiculous spin on it, and all of a sudden every toothless fucking retard in alabama thinks they know some shit cause they have a one sentence talking point. we joke about shit because it's easier than facing it, but in doing so we insure that somewhere down the road, we'll wind up getting steamrolled by the misanthropy that we helped put into place.

not trying to be all super serious (ok i am), shits just been bothering me for a while. our society is going to fucking hell and all we're doing is laughing about it. bunch of minstrel monkeys.

i spent the time others spent making faggot facebook groups and buying posters, reading articles on both sides of the situation to come to my own opinion.

OH, YOU CAN READ? THAT'S FABULOUS.

(insert gene wilder here)

YOU MUST OWN SO MANY BOOKS

both sides of the situation? its war crimes. kind of a one sided deal.

i hate 'hipster faggots' too, but its gotten to the point where the term has broadened so much that it can apply to damn near everyone. what would you prefer he looked like? is there a subculture or style he could resembled that wouldn't induce scorn?

my point is that as a society it's gotten to this fucked up point where when faced with any serious situation, the first thing we do is look for a way to make a joke out of it or to belittle the messenger, somehow lessening our desire to care it. I'm not just talking about this situation, it applies to everything. we're so fucking apathetic that we'd rather make a joke than care about anything.

OH, YOU NIGGERS WANT TO SIT AT THE FRONT OF THE BUS TOO?

IM SURE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE ALL THE WONDERFUL CHICKEN ESTABLISHMENTS.

im not personally attacking anyone. I'm talking about our society as a whole as it applies to anything else days. 'caring' about things is now uncool. thats not a good look.

of course they're funny. i laughed at all of them.

the problem is that they immediately make serious matters into a joke and our emotions instantly shift from 'oh, thats fucked up, i can't believe thats happening' to 'oh, thats fucked up i can't believe they'd joke about that'. to 'oh, that person is a faggot for caring'.

this sort of shit is the same thing that fox news does, where they take a serious matter and put some ridiculous spin on it, and all of a sudden every toothless fucking retard in alabama thinks they know some shit cause they have a one sentence talking point. we joke about shit because it's easier than facing it, but in doing so we insure that somewhere down the road, we'll wind up getting steamrolled by the misanthropy that we helped put into place.

not trying to be all super serious (ok i am), shits just been bothering me for a while. our society is going to fucking hell and all we're doing is laughing about it. bunch of minstrel monkeys.

I can't talk to the 'downfall of the USA' but I would suggest that Ch0 is probably not the best place to look for seriousness or caring attitudes.

This same issue is being discussed seriously in Crossfire without the memes or smart arse comments. Horses for courses and all that.

these memes, mostly, arent attacking the issue--they're going after the way the issue is being dealt with.

kids cant eat posters and stickers, the money being raised barely has any direct effect and people assume that sharing a video on fb is going to make a difference.

if everyone shares that video and no-ones acts, then what was the point in the beginning. and that is how it will end, the 'charity' will get its budget bolstered and next month there will be some new band-wagon for fuckheads to jump on.

im only fucking with the memes that rip on the supporters, not the issue itself

EDIT* seeking, the shit i was reading was about the charity and how theyre handling the problem, not about the war crimes.

its all about how theyre handling the issue, not the issue itself.

bunch of minstrel monkeys.

Mmmm Minstrels

galaxy_minstrels__20691_zoom.jpg

Caring is awesome and it's a worthy cause but to support something blindly because of an emotional youtube video is ridiculous. Starting another war in another country on the back of that, without weighing everything is definitely not the way to help these people.

these memes, mostly, arent attacking the issue--they're going after the way the issue is being dealt with.

kids cant eat posters and stickers, the money being raised barely has any direct effect and people assume that sharing a video on fb is going to make a difference.

if everyone shares that video and no-ones acts, then what was the point in the beginning. and that is how it will end, the 'charity' will get its budget bolstered and next month there will be some new band-wagon for fuckheads to jump on.

im only fucking with the memes that rip on the supporters, not the issue itself

EDIT* seeking, the shit i was reading was about the charity and how theyre handling the problem, not about the war crimes.

its all about how theyre handling the issue, not the issue itself.

I was waiting until later to post something like this.. I've seen twitter trending now screen shots that ate all about kony with captions that read "we're making a difference"

Just how exactly is sharing a video going to stop something on this level? Doing it to spread awareness? Congrats you've just seen a glimpse of how the fucked up the world really is.

So wait, if this viral incident get this guy caught or killed or whatever then what? All you t00 k00l for school anti everything nerdo message board anarchists are going to change your pitch? Or just be like oh well whatever? The point is this was something started by a person who did care, and has tried to make a difference, not some Jerry's kids scam from the 80's, if you can't tell the difference btwn a scam and a good cause, then this is the perfect place for you to hide your opinions from the public and find comfort amongst other like minded screen names. It is kind of foul to see so many of you who just disagree with everything 'just cuz', its all too cliche' up in here now days. It's the new punk hipster thing and I dont even need to see if youre wearing tight pants or not. Safe to disagree so if it fails you can be on the " i told you so" tip. Then if it works you just go complain in another thread.

My point isnt whether it will or wont make a difference, my point is the tone of people on here anymore, just go from thread to thread complaining and looking for comfort from other complainers. Don't even act like no one knows what Im talkin about. Its the same screen names on every thread bitchin'.

For arguments sake, Id rather be a rebel with some kind of a cause, useful or not... at least have some goals, then just a rebel with no cause at all.

So you're complaining (on the internet) about people on here who complain and bitch too much on the internet. :lol: