korny 2012

watson

this is pretty serious

spreading awareness on something my brain can't even begin to even comprehend

this mini awareness documentary is only a half hour long and really is worth the watch

video tl;dr

spreading awareness about stop joesph kony

ugandan gurrella leader who forces children into armies

makes them kill their families and other children

edit;

noticed this was posted in crossfire before in here

oops

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: kony 2012

In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa.[18] They will help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” Joseph Kony and senior LRA leaders. "Although the U.S. forces are combat-equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self-defense," Obama said in a letter to Congress.

this is pretty serious

spreading awareness on something my brain can't even begin to even comprehend

this mini awareness documentary is only a half hour long and really is worth the watch

video tl;dr

spreading awareness about stop joesph kony

ugandan gurrella leader who forces children into armies

makes them kill their families and other children

edit;

noticed this was posted in crossfire before in here

oops

You know that's nothing new, right?

Africans been doing that since forever.

For as long as I've been alive (a lot longer than you) there's been stories on the news about child (actual children, not just 16,17 year olds) soldiers in Africa who were abducted from their families and forced into the militant life.

Shit, who you think captured the slaves that were sold to white people back in the day?

/noracist.

/blame it on capitalism/greed.

• Like 1

I hate to agree w/ DAO... But he is right Africa has always been a shit hole of war and rape and ethnic cleansings for as far back as I can remember and that's longer than I care to admit to. Is it right? Not by any means. Will an internet petition do anything to change it, no. The US has been stepping up involvement in Africa for a while now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Joint_Task_Force_–_Horn_of_Africa

My old room-mate is there, and he has told me the guys they are training over there have said to them point blank that they don't want us there and the sooner we leave the sooner they can get back to killing. The cultural/tribal feuds run deeper than we could possibly understand and all we are doing now is teaching them to be better killers, more efficient, more tactically sound.

• Like 1

There's a bigger message than just going after one guerilla leader in Africa, they're trying to prove that if people yell loud enough eventually somebody with authority will chime in. Take it for what it's worth, but give buddy props for how fast he's spreading this message.

It's really hard to join a cause when the leader sounds like a liberal moron with a faggy pop punk/emo new found glory haircut and has a bunch of white college kids standing around in matching band shirts yelling like they're making a change. I also hate his government reliance and ignorance to american politics.

• Like 1

moron with a faggy pop punk/emo new found glory haircut and has a bunch of white college kids standing around in matching band shirts yelling like they're making a change.

if this isnt a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black, i dont know what is.

• Like 1

i still remember your faggot haircut and douchey political commentary from years back.

after posting your picture on that beard growing thread, i find it ironic you would be slandering anyones hairstyle, much less insulting someone for being a hipster.

:lol:

deal wit it son.

that being said, i cant help but wonder if all those march for darfur supporters have just bandwagoned over to this noble cause because facebook said so.

i do agree with dao and a few others that this shit is horrendous, has been going on in africa for years now, and that something must be done.

if social media can inspire something this big, and achieve change, i think its being far better utilized than for posting some broads drunken birthday exploits.

There's a bigger message than just going after one guerilla leader in Africa, they're trying to prove that if people yell loud enough eventually somebody with authority will chime in. Take it for what it's worth, but give buddy props for how fast he's spreading this message.

^^agree wholeheartedly.

another 12oz romance blossoming...

and i completely agree with soup, it can be as good a cause as any, but if faggot hipsters are on board, im instantly against it.

and the whole "if we yell loud enough, someone will listen" pretense; although its a good reason to get motivated, i guarantee you 90 percent fo the assholes on FB (even a lot in my network) are doing this just to 'appear' as though they care, and because veryone else is doing it.

"im so non-conformist, im not even going to conform with you guys."

--yeah, you just got goth served.

Another nerd who thinks they know me and I have no fucking clue who they are.

and i completely agree with soup, it can be as good a cause as any, but if faggot hipsters are on board, im instantly against it.

Its more than just that. The keyword here is "Qualifications"

Once again

"QUALIFICATIONS."

Say it twenty times more.

The day an emo Facebook nerd with no qualifications orders the united states army into uganda is the day hell freezes over.

http://www.illdoctrine.com/2010/10/why_im_afraid_of_christine_odo.html

QUALIFICATIONS

about 20 years too late. i guess "child soldiers" is this month's band wagon for pretentious hipsters to act holier-than-thou to everyone.

Another nerd who thinks they know me and I have no fucking clue who they are.

actually i was saying, i agree with you and then consolidating MY point, while using yours as the basis for MY comment.

and i dont know a thing about you. you are a member of an interent forum, assuming there are "other nerds," who care about you enough to remember what you say is a fucking joke.