Should I take up an offer on a free houseboat?

soulstealer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
of course, because of the implication...

i've heard houseboats are the trailers of the water. then again, i think it'd be fucking cool to live on one.

I was under the impression that they were one step below living in a trailer park.

At least in a trailer your house doesn't bob up and down all night while you're trying to sleep every time it rains.

And WTF are you supposed to do when there's a serious storm or hurricane?

You live on a fucking house boat.

You most likely have no family to stay with much less money for a hotel.

^ that

how the fuck did this even get to two pages? it is a free house

Houseboats are a pretty hard sell.

They take a lot of money and maintenance.

Dude would probably have to fix it up in order to flip it at all, especially during a recession when people aren't exactly

lining up looking for projects to waste money on.

So the whole time he's hanging on to this POS hoping to sell it, he's gonna have to pay rent to the dock.

There's a reason why oldhead just wants to get rid of it.

one life to live mate if you can fix it up relatively cheaply and afford it go for it

but seriously are the dollars you're talking reality dollars or pipedream dollars?

though is it on a lake or a river i.e could you move it or are you landlocked so to speak?

nah serious go for it chicks dig houseboats

Houseboats are a pretty hard sell.

They take a lot of money and maintenance.

Dude would probably have to fix it up in order to flip it at all, especially during a recession when people aren't exactly

lining up looking for projects to waste money on.

So the whole time he's hanging on to this POS hoping to sell it, he's gonna have to pay rent to the dock.

There's a reason why oldhead just wants to get rid of it.

ah, fair enough

I think you should do it. and the houseboats are worse than trailers thing is kind of bullshiit. I've seen some baller ass houseboats.

Yeah, if you can afford the dock and throwing some money into it I'd go for it. Boats are fun as hell. I wouldn't do it if it would mean ditching the apartment in favor of living on the boat, however.

I think you should do it. and the houseboats are worse than trailers thing is kind of bullshiit. I've seen some baller ass houseboats.

But they're still houses on a boat.

And it's still the same type of people more or less who live in them.

The way I look at it is people who actually buy a house boat tend to be the same kind of crackheads who would buy a trailer in a trailer park, only more gullible. Or possibly more high at the time.

^The above excludes rich people who just want a toy to party on.

But c,mon son. I'm talking about people who actually live on houseboats.

And aint no rich nigga lining to buy no piece of shit houseboat that needs mad work.

Yeah, if you can afford the dock and throwing some money into it I'd go for it. Boats are fun as hell. I wouldn't do it if it would mean ditching the apartment in favor of living on the boat, however.

No offence and all...

But the only thing that should be coming out your mouth on this matter

is telling Dawood to drop in with his advice.

Wait, you mean people buy boats, dock them, and then live on them like an apartment?

Where the fuck have I been, I guess not hanging out with the right tax brackets in either direction.

I say take the fucking thing and if it becomes too burdensome sink the bitch.

Problem solved, but it could be a hell of a party spot just dont live on it.