"Like a boss"

12packprophet

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Not if it's in an approved safe, perhaps they need to travel from a state that doesn't have similar gun laws - so they can't just roll around with guns and ammunition in their vehicle.

Not sure if you're being serious or not? Someone breaking into your home, smashing open your gun safe and trashing your home in the process would be hard to pin on the home owner.

True, but if someone wants to get into a safe, they will. The cabin owners can at least take the bullets/shells with them.

Nobody ever "want's to get caught".

That's just an excuse people make up after they get caught slipping.

Well, then he's slipping.

I know people who do things like this all the time and most of the time no one's the wiser. Shitting on the floor? Let's say he's crazy and doesn't care whether he gets caught, because it's only a matter of time before he does.

Personally I think that Colton Harris-Moore had a much better approach.

True, but if someone wants to get into a safe, they will. The cabin owners can at least take the bullets/shells with them.

By this logic you should take everything you own with you at all times when you go out, because there's the possibility your home could be broken into.

I realize you're talking about the lethal danger of guns, but should people take their kitchen knives and firewood axes too?

By this logic you should take everything you own with you at all times when you go out, because there's the possibility your home could be broken into.

I realize you're talking about the lethal danger of guns, but should people take their kitchen knives and firewood axes too?

Maybe I should clarify this.

I am 100% for responsible gun ownership. That said, I have to wonder what someone is thinking when they walk away from their (most likely expensive) gun collection at their isolated cabin for months on end, safe or no safe, and then behave as if they have no liability in the matter when someone with opportunistic/psychotic tendencies breaks in and helps themselves to what's there. Sure, the chances of this happening are slim, but it's possible.

It's kind of like going camping in bear country and not bringing one of these to store your food in-

JRBOFbxEYk4eNmh9t-STDxBnvfi7wraAxVCla8uYvhQUdI4IlObrS-YWIxwcciOwEE_8NdF2LAmxle8TNLa4cDqKcUmYEo_Hx9LtyeASMITEVuJWysVhH30yfBYIngKsee-jFd4flcWQwUbqwaDlM_EtEGIHEskeijRm3A2ciSs0ZbHmDUEPL4dx4gL5gzprzA

-then blaming the bears for tearing your gear apart while you're stuck twenty feet up a tree.

with that line of reasoning though you can't safely leave anything behind in your locked cabin.

there is an element of trust in the surroundings when you leave your cookware, art on the walls, tools, guns or whatever in the place.

if the guns are in a safe then they've taken that extra precaution and hoped for the best--insurance will cover what may.

now were this somewhere "hood" and not the utah wilderness it might be a different story.

now were this somewhere "hood" and not the utah wilderness it might be a different story.

Maybe I need to move to Utah.

For me rights, responsibilities, and common sense are inextricably linked and in my life I've run into a lot of people who don't seem to (or want to) grasp that connection. Therefore, I tend to take a dim view of situations like these.

now I haven't spent a whole lot of time outside the city however if you're trying to hide from some bears by climbing a tree I'm confident that you're doing it wrong.

just sayin.

If you don't know about bear kegs then...yeah.

It's kind of like going camping in bear country and not bringing one of these to store your food in-

JRBOFbxEYk4eNmh9t-STDxBnvfi7wraAxVCla8uYvhQUdI4IlObrS-YWIxwcciOwEE_8NdF2LAmxle8TNLa4cDqKcUmYEo_Hx9LtyeASMITEVuJWysVhH30yfBYIngKsee-jFd4flcWQwUbqwaDlM_EtEGIHEskeijRm3A2ciSs0ZbHmDUEPL4dx4gL5gzprzA

-then blaming the bears for tearing your gear apart while you're stuck twenty feet up a tree.

If you go camping in bear country, you're preparing for the possibility you run into bears, and bringing those containers makes perfect sense.

However if you have a cabin somewhere in the relatively remote wilderness, there's no reason to expect that someone is going to be creeping around outside somewhere that's completely inhospitable in winter.

I don't know, I can't blame any of these people whatsoever for leaving their guns locked up in the "off season"

Naden-200x0.jpg

BOUNTY hunters could be tempted to capture one of the most wanted criminals in NSW, alleged murderer Malcolm Naden,

after a police reward was doubled to $100,000, the family of one of his victims says.

Naden, 37, an abattoir worker, has eluded police since 2005 and is believed to be living rough in the bush around Barrington Tops.

He allegedly strangled Kristy Scholes, a 24-year-old mother, in Dubbo in 2005. Naden is also a suspect in the disappearance of his

cousin Lateesha Nolan, last seen at the same house as Ms Scholes after dropping off two of her four children in January 2005.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/capture-a-rich-reward-20110219-1b09k.html#ixzz1myGzi4t3

Well, then he's slipping.

Apparently not.

If he was slipping then they would have been caught him.

Personally I think that Colton Harris-Moore had a much better approach.

For real???

Stealing and crashing airplanes and shit then posting on the internet was way less drawn than shitting in somebody's frying pan and leaving a note telling them to get lost then bouncing on foot into the snow blanketed wilderness?

Seriously Shai?

C'mon son...

"You must spread some rep around before giving it to realism again."

Maybe I should clarify this.

I am 100% for responsible gun ownership. That said, I have to wonder what someone is thinking when they walk away from their (most likely expensive) gun collection at their isolated cabin for months on end, safe or no safe, and then behave as if they have no liability in the matter when someone with opportunistic/psychotic tendencies breaks in and helps themselves to what's there. Sure, the chances of this happening are slim, but it's possible.

Would you hold yourself accountable if somebody broke into your house and stole a butcher knife and used it to hack somebody to death?

What if somebody stole a chainsaw from your cabin in the woods?

Would you hold yourself accountable if some nut broke in and got that shit and went all "California Chainsaw Massacre" on some stranded hippies?

Obviously this guy is cut out to take care of himself in a harsh environment. Fine with that. He's got a bone to pick. No problem there. But...maybe if you had to deal with some of the situations/people I seem to come across on a daily basis, you might understand.

That's why I'm focusing on certain details when everyone is high-fiving each other over how bad ass Utah Wilderness Dude is.

Carry on with the thread, I'm done.