why i'm better than you...

iCEBERG

yea well now that your reading my post i was wonderin something.

who has true lyrical ability? i mean a few come to my mind for one reason or another.

in whatever aspects for whatever reason. such as...

eminem: for his wordplay an delivery.

rockwell: his punchlines

"whose beefin this indecent heathen tweakin for beatins? ill make you regret what you said so quick youll suck your teeth in"...

..."an murder saturday and sunday so all the weak ends"

"ill twist your throat in so many different sections/ the next time you eat your stomach will have to ask your neck for directions"

jedi mind tricks: delivery/punchlines

warbux: same reason.

detox: delivery, gotta mention them, not well recognized.

just do me a favor and hit me back with someone underground, someone i havent heard yet. throw me some quotes please. wordplay, delivery, punch lines, just hit me with somethin, im growing tired of listening to all this everyday shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You know what man?? I am sick to my fucking stomach with all of this bullshit underground, weirdo, rap crap garbage! I remember when there was a balance between underground and mainstream hip/hop......flip/flop! I'm not saying that Jedi Mind Tricks, etc........whoever whoever is garbage. I am saying that I think nowadays way too many kids converted over from mainstream to backpackers with oversized headphones and a dictionary under their arm! Went from being a bowl cut wearing, Naughty by Nature loving herb............to an underground flip/flop professor!! You mentioned Eminem and a various list of lyricist's ...............that's cool! I'm not beefing with you by any means........ I love lyricism/wordplay and just rhymes in general.......check the freestyle threads........but I think that there is a lot to be said about delivery also that is greatly overlooked!

You can twist words and slant rhyme the living fuck out of everything with broken syllables and whatnot..............but I think that there is a fine line/balance between being an English/Ebonics Professor to an actual MC!!! That's a title held by few!!:king:

look mannnnn...

im lookin for something new to listen to. someone i havent heard before and i listed to you why i listen to music. gave a few examples so people can say "i listen for lyrical ability/wordplay/delivery/whatever an you should check this out"

i dont know who you mistook me for or why you read too deeply into my post, but if i offendid you then im sorry. or if you think im one of those people you describe then thats on you. i didnt mean to get you all emotional an everything, i just wanna hear someone new, bring something to the table i havent heard before. thats all

my fault

Originally posted by iCEBERG

look mannnnn...

im lookin for something new to listen to. someone i havent heard before and i listed to you why i listen to music. gave a few examples so people can say "i listen for lyrical ability/wordplay/delivery/whatever an you should check this out"

i dont know who you mistook me for or why you read too deeply into my post, but if i offendid you then im sorry. or if you think im one of those people you describe then thats on you. i didnt mean to get you all emotional an everything, i just wanna hear someone new, bring something to the table i havent heard before. thats all

my fault

No, not at all bro! I even stated that I wasn't being offensive..........

sorry for sending mixed waves..........

Originally posted by MR BOJANGLES

one word.................................SLUG

couldnt be better put. slug is my favorite MC of all time. that cat is sooooo dope. i love how hes so poetic with his delivery. its just amazing how he rips shit. EVERYTHING he has spit is dope. i dont like that cats just know slug from lucy ford or think that he only rhymes about girls, cuz honestly theyve only listened to lucy. i think all his other shit is better than lucy. i mean overcast! and the dynospectrum are straight gems. not to mention all the fuckin headshots tapes. that cat has fuckin stage presence too. i saw him in december at the 7th street entry and the crowd went fuckin nuts the second he got on the stage. hes just overral a dope mc, he can write, storytell, freestyle, battle, etc.

Originally posted by WhenOne

does everyone have hip-hop fever lately or what?

weird..

i only got into hiphop 3 years ago, though i grew out of if rather quickly.

i listen to dnb now. so i can't really comment on any mc's. i used to listen to cage though.

Originally posted by ODW

couldnt be better put. slug is my favorite MC of all time. that cat is sooooo dope. i love how hes so poetic with his delivery. its just amazing how he rips shit. EVERYTHING he has spit is dope. i dont like that cats just know slug from lucy ford or think that he only rhymes about girls, cuz honestly theyve only listened to lucy. i think all his other shit is better than lucy. i mean overcast! and the dynospectrum are straight gems. not to mention all the fuckin headshots tapes. that cat has fuckin stage presence too. i saw him in december at the 7th street entry and the crowd went fuckin nuts the second he got on the stage. hes just overral a dope mc, he can write, storytell, freestyle, battle, etc.

i agree overcast! is a killer my favourite ep of all time. sage francis is also incredible, if your looking for an amazing flow check gift of the gab (blackalicious).

C. Rayz Walz

Chan

Slug

Def Jux

Cannibal Ox

Esoteric (is thats an emcee, wasn't sure what the comment was about im guessin he is though)

Sage Francis

Blackalicious - Gift of Gab

and i have no idea who that last post is talkin about. but a appreceate the input, i now have 8 new music choices to pick at after this threads had half a day of being posted. ahhh always open to suggestion, keep hittin me back with some new shit, im lovin this...

well iam back had food....anyways heres a list....i didnt put too much of what you mit have herd hears what i got

planets

sage francis

pismo

mr.complex

mr.greenweedz

mars ill

time machine

zion1

das efx

daneo

ultra magnetic mc's

organized konfusion

analog brothers

ancients

kmd

mad lion

brand nubian

all naural

chi ali

divine verbal dialect

celph titled

roots manuva

audio two

black moon

40th dimension

young black teenagers

mad skillz

altered st8s of consiousness

eyedea

planet asia

louis logic

bahamadia

grave diggaz

crookln dodgers

main source

nine

marley marl

poor righteous teachers

o.c

jungle brothers

mass influence

divine verbal dialect

lone catalysts

skitz

the grouch

mr.dibbs

lootpack

phi-life cypher

rodney p

skeme

j-rawls

quasimoto

ditc

juice

coup

3rd bass

walkman

swamburger

soulive

.........................i sould end this if you havent herd of some of this check them out..................///...............

Archived