Grooming [products]

TheoHuxtable..

• 7 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

perfume__09656_zoom.jpg

Bought some of Diddy's cologne. Not a big cologne guy but I wear it once in a while for special occasions. I bought it because I heard him describing it on the Howard Stern show. Smells good.

I used to rock Curve for Men, but that's kinda old school now. I heard with colognes you can't be rocking throwback cologne in the same way you can't wear tight acid wash Bugle Boy jeans in 2013 (although I understand lots of retro shit has been coming back). Like you can't just rock Cool Water cologne in 2013; that's a 90s cologne.

I never wore Cool Water, but from what I understand it was done to death in the 90s and the women did like the smell. But it has been overdone so the Cool Water era is over (although you can still buy it).

I think the key is to wear a cologne that isn't easily recognizable -- Cool Water is as recognizable as the McDonald's arches are to fast food. And don't be like some of the douchebags who does 20 sprays of cologne on him and that it's overpowering. One spray from a distance, or two at the most. The key is to make the smell vague and almost a background afterthought, so the other person smelling it associates it with you more subconsciously, rather than them realizing you blatantly just sprayed yourself with cologne.

I rock Old Spice and wash my hair with salt when it gets to be too dirty. Haven't used shampoo in about three years and I haven't looked back. I wash my face with some neutrogena stress control wash stuff to keep dat acne at bay.

Can anybody recommend a good razor & shaving cream/product combo? I can never seem to find one that doesn't give me razor burn and dry my skin out like crazy.

ultra hot water and barbasol & a good disposable with a gel strip.

fuck the gimmicks.. If that's not good enough maybe you need to use a beard trimmer / electric shaver beforehand

this soap is great.. especially for environments w/ a lot of humidity

CH-AS.jpg

Original CHAPS cologne by RL is very nice inexpensive cologne, however it is discontinued but still quite simple to find

Don't wear too much cologne there's nothing worse. 1 or 2 drops / sprays is enough

curve is old school now?

my ex just put me up on it a couple of years back.

im almost done with my bottle of escape for men, got an unused bottle of acqua di gio and this joint that my current girlfriend bought me for my birthday:

80016.jpg

Well for me it is. This girl put me on to Curve when I was real young in like around 1999 or 2000. According to Google, it came out in '96.

How is that Sandalwood?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the sandalwood, but its not cheap. $75 for the bottle online. My gf paid close to $100 for it at the art of shaving store after tax.

http://www.theartofshaving.com/Eau-de-Toilette---Sandalwood-Essential-Oil/00670535800163,default,pd.html?start=9&cgid=sandalwood&prefn1=skinTypeFragrance&prefv1=Sandalwood%20Essential%20Oil&navid=search

^Hell yeah to that Tea Tree oil stuff by Paul Mitchell.

It's good for the scalp. It has a "cool burn" and tingly feeling, like a menthol feel. If you get dry scalp dead skin, use the Tea Tree oil.

I have the shampoo and conditioner:

paul-mitchell-tea-tree-coupon.jpg

It's expensive though. But use it in moderation and it will last.

• 2 weeks later...

anything paul mitchell reminds me of the zohan.

oh, also, as far as colognes go, my girlfriend and her cousin and me were walking through the mall and sprayed me with this:

spicebomb.jpg

I wasn't really feelin the scent (too citrusy), but both of them were jockin it.