Graffiti artist David Choe took Facebook stock as payment for painting their walls...

bourgeoisie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POP!

I like this idea:

"Facebook earned $1 billion last year on sales of $3.7 billion. The site said it now has more than 845 million daily active users.

And that's the number that had user Phillip Pambrun thinking that maybe Facebook should spread the wealth a little. He even encouraged users to take their case to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

"Ok, so. Facebook is about to IPO in a moment. Am I the only person that thinks every Facebook member should receive at least 1 share at initial post?If it wasn't for all of you loyal and faithful Facebookers, this would never have gotten this far. So, everyone, message the high "Z" for your minimum 1 share. Lol! "

Hey ... can't blame him for trying."

i liked this last part..

Although Mr. Choe initially led a rough life including run-ins with the law, he is wealthy even without the Facebook offering. (It is unclear whether he sold any portion of his Facebook holdings on secondary markets.) Now a very successful artist with gallery shows and pieces exhibited in major museums, Mr. Choe declined requests to be interviewed for this article; he said he wanted to maintain his privacy. He has, however, published an obscenity-strewn book of his art, “David Choe,” which includes images of the multimillion-dollar murals at Facebook.

Mr. Choe’s page on Facebook shows the life of a modern-day renegade artist. Among the images of his graffiti, there is a trail of images of him partying with scantily clad women and spending large amounts of money on alcohol. In recent weeks, Mr. Choe promoted photos of a $40,000 bottle of alcohol; a single shot, he boasted, costs $888.

He offers life advice in his book: “Always double down on 11. Always.”

Maybe the better advice is to take stock, not cash, from Harvard dropouts in Silicon Valley.

I heard this dude gambles like a fucking lunatic too....good for him

you seen thumbs up? His little netflix show where he rides freights? Hes always gambling like a motherfucker

POP!

I like this idea:

"Facebook earned $1 billion last year on sales of $3.7 billion. The site said it now has more than 845 million daily active users.

And that's the number that had user Phillip Pambrun thinking that maybe Facebook should spread the wealth a little. He even encouraged users to take their case to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

"Ok, so. Facebook is about to IPO in a moment. Am I the only person that thinks every Facebook member should receive at least 1 share at initial post?If it wasn't for all of you loyal and faithful Facebookers, this would never have gotten this far. So, everyone, message the high "Z" for your minimum 1 share. Lol! "

Hey ... can't blame him for trying."

the thing people don't understand is that with any free internet service (google, facebook, 12oz), if you are a member, you are not the customer, you are the product. You are entitled to nothing...

• Like 2

So does he actually write, or are they just calling him a "graffiti artist" because he used spraypaint?

(I only read a paragraph or two before losing interest.)

I've seen him up around town a few years ago... I would say it's "street art." He would draw these cartoon characters along the freeway... people, animals, etc. He would do these big whales on the freeway and put messages next to them.