Key & Peele

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Slow your counter-hissy fits. No one called you racist. Being from Texas, I'm all about white culture. Being not white I could care less but I'm always enthused when people are about themselves and their 'roots' (although I hate that phrasing).

At any rate, I have very little history of either of these dudes so that may be largely to due with my support of this. It generally looks funny and they're getting a chance to make it big in the comedy world. I support anyone looking to climb ropes, albeit if I agree with their style or delivery.[/color]

dude i flip from using the term 'mud people' to complaining about being accused of racism......

can i just leave it at that or should i explain?

.... or fail?

naw not at all. shits hilarious, seen the peele dude on conan the other night and thought he was really good. smart dude. perfect blend of race jokes with reality and clever humour without being pretentious or whatever.

googled/youtubed him/the show immediatly after watching.

good to see a thread.

naw not at all. shits hilarious, seen the peele dude on conan the other night and thought he was really good. smart dude. perfect blend of race jokes with reality and clever humour without being pretentious or whatever.

googled/youtubed him/the show immediatly after watching.

good to see a thread.

Yeah saw him on Conan too... shit had me crackin up. These dudes in this thread are sleepin' on this show.

i think its bullshit that all sorts of mud people can run around spouting off about black culture this and that but the moment i bring up the glorious nature of WHITE CULTURE i get called a racist.

but seriously, who gives a shit? if being 'down with black culture' means making exceptions for mediocre comedy or faking it to show how 'down with black culture' i am then fuck all of it.

malibus-most-wanted.jpg

wasted potential.

the back n forth standup/banter in between sketches was terrible. the "lil wayne" sketches could have been funny but werent in the slightest, seemed to be no coralation to the guy in the slightest and the that cooking show take started off funny with looks of being hilarious but ended like a mud puddle faceplant.

again, wasted potential, buddy needs to lose that key guy inna big way but unfortunatly its prolly too late. theyve branded themselves together for each of there coming out and its gonna killem both.

THEY DONT HAVE TO BE IN EVERY SKETCH TOGETHER.

disapointed.

wasted potential.

the back n forth standup/banter in between sketches was terrible. the "lil wayne" sketches could have been funny but werent in the slightest, seemed to be no coralation to the guy in the slightest and the that cooking show take started off funny with looks of being hilarious but ended like a mud puddle faceplant.

again, wasted potential, buddy needs to lose that key guy inna big way but unfortunatly its prolly too late. theyve branded themselves together for each of there coming out and its gonna killem both.

THEY DONT HAVE TO BE IN EVERY SKETCH TOGETHER.

disapointed.

Agreed for the most part.

The stand-up seemed forced - they're trying to follow the formula of Chappelle. Chappelle seemed natural.

And the Lil Wayne sketches weren't that good because after seeing Affion Crockett's Lil Wayne impersonation (

), Peele's impression falls short. He doesn't even do the Louisiana accent in Wayne's voice nor is it even remotely southern. He just does a "stereotypical nigga" voice.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure these guys are funny irl. They just got network execs trying to force them to be the new chappelle show and that's not what they are.

*Chappelle's show was still funny even when he left the show and they had Charlie Murphy and Ashy Larry hosting. I hoped that they would give them an opportunity to make a spin off or something similar to Chappelle's Show. Ashy Larry is pretty funny and his stand up isn't bad.