Key & Peele

TheoHuxtable..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude....idk, theo mang. are these dudes the gays? not that it would deter me from finding

shit funny but just cause i'm not fucking sure. regardless. i havent quite reached the whole

finding-black-comics-that-sound-like-they-might-be-just-acting-black-to-sound-funny-thing..funny.

whatever that means. it makes sense to me. i never watched snl because it never made me laugh. least not since eddie was making appearances..and even so. i think that style of comedy just never tickled my funny(n/h). sounds wayy to0 scripted and....white. but i'm gonna finish ths drink. watch the steve harvey show and then watch these dudes again and i'll report back on a clearer mind on wtf i am talking about

this was kiiiinda lulz

This show is good. It's originality and approach but of course only time will tell if it appeals. Shit, Demitri Martin was good but too good for lower thinking (family guy-ists) america... So cancelled.

But it's not even that they're black. They use them being black in certain sketches because they fit character but no one dragged Chappelle down for using that or "appealing to white america."

The fact that they're black is irrelevant, completely irrelevant.

Sucks that that's the first thing ya'll saw and strongly held onto it. Thought ya'll niggas was cool with black culture but apparently cultural crossovers turn ya'll pissy pants.

• Like 1

This show is good. It's originality and approach but of course only time will tell if it appeals. Shit, Demitri Martin was good but too good for lower thinking (family guy-ists) america... So cancelled.

But it's not even that they're black. They use them being black in certain sketches because they fit character but no one dragged Chappelle down for using that or "appealing to white america."

Sucks that that's the first thing ya'll saw and strongly held onto it. Thought ya'll niggas was cool with black culture but apparently cultural crossovers turn ya'll pissy pants.[/color]

That's what I was thinking. "As soon as I saw they were black, that's all I focused on and I lost interest because blah blah blah they're black and they probably do this & that..."

Sucks that that's the first thing ya'll saw and strongly held onto it. Thought ya'll niggas was cool with black culture but apparently cultural crossovers turn ya'll pissy pants.[/color]

...cause chappelle was in touch with his fucking blackness. and that was him.

a really smart funny black dude who still had it in him..these dudes as i said seem WILD scripted. as if theyre acting school and improv classes are just stamped all over their foreheads. and lets not get all so serious here. its not a fucking black thing. it's the material and how i see them performing it.

shit just doesn't seem comical to me. we'll see how it goes. though i'm sure people

will eat it up regardless.

if you still have hood in you. and you are black. or not. and still have hood in you.

one should be able to fucking tell whats funny and whats trying too hard to sound like it.

but to each his own mang. authenticity in material and approach. originality is baby thighs compared to that.

I might be alone here, but I cannot imagine a single person on the face of the Earth actually saying this out loud

i think its bullshit that all sorts of mud people can run around spouting off about black culture this and that but the moment i bring up the glorious nature of WHITE CULTURE i get called a racist.

but seriously, who gives a shit? if being 'down with black culture' means making exceptions for mediocre comedy or faking it to show how 'down with black culture' i am then fuck all of it.

This isnt even racial comedy. It's absurdist, MADtv oriented comedy, which I'm not a huge fan of. It's the same as that tall white dude who does the baby impersonation. Not a big fan of that either. Get your comedy genres right faggots.

On second thought, I don't mind the concepts of the sketches but the performances are lacking. Im sure the scripts are funny as hell but these dudes are kinda lame. That Car-bow sketch should've been hilarious.

i think its bullshit that all sorts of mud people can run around spouting off about black culture this and that but the moment i bring up the glorious nature of WHITE CULTURE i get called a racist.

but seriously, who gives a shit? if being 'down with black culture' means making exceptions for mediocre comedy or faking it to show how 'down with black culture' i am then fuck all of it.

Slow your counter-hissy fits. No one called you racist. Being from Texas, I'm all about white culture. Being not white I could care less but I'm always enthused when people are about themselves and their 'roots' (although I hate that phrasing).

At any rate, I have very little history of either of these dudes so that may be largely to due with my support of this. It generally looks funny and they're getting a chance to make it big in the comedy world. I support anyone looking to climb ropes, albeit if I agree with their style or delivery.