U.S. Marines give golden shower to dead Taliban soldiers

CALIgula

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decy: absolutely, incidents like this are totally destructive and can negate months and years of work and money...

on professionalism: you're not wrong, it shouldn't happen. there shouldn't be excuses, and there shouldn't be cover ups.

but you've got to consider that a lot (i won't say most, but it might be) of the people that joined combat arms jobs during war, didn't sign up to be professionals, they signed up to be killers. and you're trained to do that; to take take human life and keep fighting, nothing can prepare you for what its actually like to do it, and certainly they can't train you on what to do as a human once you've become used to it. at most somebody starts thinking about what they're doing, they talk to the chaplain and get pulled from duty while their team/platoon is down a man and the guy who tried to deal with his shit is labelled a pussy/bitch/coward/etc. war is dumb.

at evilt: yeah. there are stories that would bring entire brigades to their knees... and as more joes get out and get drunk and tell their stories i imagine there will be thousands of investigations in the coming decade over what nato troops have done in iraq and afg.

I understand everyone getting all up in arms about actually recording these acts as it is the perfect propaganda for the ''enemy''.

As for the morality and how I personally feel, I dont really give a fuck.

Fuck a Taliban.

You wanna take a hot steaming dump on an Islamic insurgent be my guest, as for documenting it you gatta know someone's going to be bitch made or get pissed off and rat you out.

Not to mention your Shennanigans put others in danger, as those who suffer for actions of idiots are hardly ever those who infuriated anyone.

But again, its just dogs pissing on a fire hydrant

Fist, was it you who told the story about trading some of the locals an MRE for Afghan food? The story that ended with the guy coming back pissed off because he shit a solid log after eating what you gave him?

Close family member did a tour in Afghanistan, had an excellent story about puking up something that looked exactly like Mountain Dew after eating at a local restaurant.

most of what i ate (before i got gnar gnar food poisoning and swore it off) was curry/stew stuff. they have almost no spices, just salt and vegetable oil really, potatoes, carrots, radishes. sometimes tomatoes. great pomegranates grow all over.

its like if you took all the good flavors and vegetables out of bad indian/pakistani food. very bland, but good on a cold night.

their naan is similar to pak/indian naan, but a big tougher, and formed differently. i lived for 6 years in pak so i'm pretty familiar with its cuisine, and was hoping afg would offer a similar culinary experience, but they didn't at all.

i was on the SE border, i'm sure its different in the north and even in kandahar city.

The only time I ate any local food in Iraq or Afghanistan was when I was traveling with senior people and not eatIng would have caused issues with the mission. I could not piss of some governor because I did not want to eat.

Sometimes you just do what you have to do.

The worst was some fish dish during an Iraqi EOD graduation dinner.