What did school do for you?

EXECUTIVE_FINGERBLAST

i was too smart for school.

on a serious note i knew/know more about the subjects my teachers taught than they ever did. mind you most of them had given up on the world and the children in it, so i got on with a few of them in the sense that i was treated like a friend not a pupil. i also drank with my art tutor and the 3d technician for a good while when i was at college. education was a different experience for me than most i suppose, i never took it too serious and i never understood the value a piece of paper had until i realised how hard it is to get a job without one.

that being said i've never really cared too much about a long term job as long as i can afford to get where i want to in life im ok with what i do.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a two year vocational program at a community college. School helped me get a job that pays very well relative to people around me.

I didn't want the commitment or the cost of a four year school, and I just wanted to learn something that would pay me well while I search for the thing it is I really love doing (still don't know). The program cost somewhere around $3,000-$4,000 for the whole thing, books and classes, I was done in 2 years, and I got hired three days after graduating. Everybody I graduated with is currently working in the field. I think it's a good option that's often overlooked for people who don't want to go to a four year school.

Archived