Military Service help.

Silba

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the fuck is it your boyhood dream to join the military, a opportunity that you envision regretting not taking for the rest of your life should you not pursue yet you have apparently made no practical steps toward figuring out what the fuck you would even be doing or why?

I reject the boyhood dream reason. Try a little harder here. Do you want to kill people? Do you want to be powerful or subservient? What is the attraction?

I am so glad I am 1 year too old to join the army, I hope that still counts if they ever tried to force people to enlist!

No disrespect to any of your guys that have served, but I couldn't do it, having no say in my own destiny, basically being a puppet that the government can use to do their bidding, not really my cup of tea, and I definitely don't take well to people barking orders at me, I am more likely to do the exact opposite if someone talks/shouts at me like that.

The only people I know who join the military these days are losers, drop outs, and people who have nothing else going for them.

This is why I think you are full of shit. I know beyond a doubt that losers and dropouts are not joining. This is a myth that is propelled by biased idiots like you.

Silba, if you want to know what it is really like, hit me up or Fist. Neither one of us is a recruiter and will tell you the real deal. Whatever you do, don't believe some of these retards. All they know is second hand info from questionable sources.

BTW, recruiters will be honest for the most part, because they really do not need anyone to join. There is major downsizing going on in every branch.

I did 9 years in the navy, aviation side. And for the most part it's just a job. It's when you get in to the combat side of things that it gets weird. I have a shit load of money for school, I have VA medical for life, and I had a pretty lucrative trade when I got out. I also had some wild ass adventures all over Asia. It's like anything in life, you get out what you put in to it. Don't ever trust a recruiter, don't ever sign anything with out an explicit understanding of what it is, you only get what's in the contract. A recruiter can say whatever he wants, but it's what's in writing that counts.

Oh, go air force all the way, as for actually flying, only officers are pilots. So you would have to already have to have a degree to do it. If you want to fly look in to ROTC programs. If you have a clean criminal record and good grades, you can get a free ride thru school and fly jets/helos when you get out. You would have to serve a few years to pay back the Gov. on their investment in you, but employers love military experience.

• Like 1

This is why I think you are full of shit. I know beyond a doubt that losers and dropouts are not joining. This is a myth that is propelled by biased idiots like you.

Silba, if you want to know what it is really like, hit me up or Fist. Neither one of us is a recruiter and will tell you the real deal. Whatever you do, don't believe some of these retards. All they know is second hand info from questionable sources.

BTW, recruiters will be honest for the most part, because they really do not need anyone to join. There is major downsizing going on in every branch.

Dude suck a dick, I can honestly say the only person on 12oz I wish would step ona landmine is you.

Just like several of the bums youve signed up probably have.

Im full of shit really? Cause it seems like everyone else in this thread agrees with me.

Its just like every shoe salesman thinks you need a new pair of shoes, just like a recruiter/military senior thinks you should enlist.

Its the straight up truth you fucking faggot, no one with any kind of life going for themselves would waste their time in the military.

Probably why you are where you are, you're a piece of shit that without the DOD you'd be at a fucking Arbys handing bags out of a window.

You can say im full of shit all you want, but facts are facts and youll still be a scumbag.

No wonder you hate Ron Paul, he wants to get rid of the fucking faggots like you who suck up all the tax money to sit on your ass and use others like pawns.

• Like 1

If you put nine years of work in the private sector you could very well achieve all of those things Trailer. Also it seams that you and Cilone have a difference in assumption on the honesty of recruiters.

This whole argument is kind of pointless in many ways, I remember having it with a friend of mine right out of high school. He joined, turned out that there actually was war, he served. He got out and found that his skills were useless outside of the military and went back in now he has a fat wife and lives on a military base with a bunch of kids.

Oh wait, now that I think about his wife left him for some other jar head.

That is total bullshit about the military now being some fucking elite deal, maybe now they have stopped pulling right of court but come on now. No loosers in the military?

Really?

And beyond a fact? What are you a fucking General?

Theres no way you know the background of people joining from everywhere and you make it sound like its so hard but ive had boys with felonies, no high school diploma and child support debts join so its obviously not too fucking hard

Because of my job, I know all about the quality of people joining the military. I see every single person joining every branch in almost a three state area.

While I might not be a general, I know all about the accession process.

You are also full of shit if you think you are going to join with any of those things you listed. That is a fact.

Dude suck a dick, I can honestly say the only person on 12oz I wish would step ona landmine is you.

Just like several of the bums youve signed up probably have.

Im full of shit really? Cause it seems like everyone else in this thread agrees with me.

Its just like every shoe salesman thinks you need a new pair of shoes, just like a recruiter/military senior thinks you should enlist.

Its the straight up truth you fucking faggot, no one with any kind of life going for themselves would waste their time in the military.

Probably why you are where you are, you're a piece of shit that without the DOD you'd be at a fucking Arbys handing bags out of a window.

You can say im full of shit all you want, but facts are facts and youll still be a scumbag.

No wonder you hate Ron Paul, he wants to get rid of the fucking faggots like you who suck up all the tax money to sit on your ass and use others like pawns.

Umad:lol: :lol:

I guess this is a fact filled post from an unbiased source.

It is, and you see 3 states out of 50 you fucking bum.

And lie all you want I was with my friend when he got his felony and now hes in Texas in the army.

Keep lying to everyone as its your job on a daily basis you fuckboy.

Hopefully you get laid off along with the half of the military thats gonna go.

Good luck with your resume.

Qualities-

Liar/cocksucker/bullshitter.

Youd be a good congressman.

Oh and you work in the Military and seem to be connected to recruiting.. so you're non-bias?

You're a fucking clown

• Like 1

As in you see them personally? What is your job? And by what standard are you saying that these suckers are not loosers?

I do see them personally, unless of course if I am on leave or something else. If you want to rationally discuss this, pm me and I will, but I do not want to blast my info on 12oz.

The current standards do not let losers join. It is that simple. They are not letting quality people join. They just do not need people, so they are being extremely selective. I recently saw guy be denied because the cops came to his house for a domestic issue. There was no arrest or anything, but it was still on his record and he was denied.

I am sure that losers could join previously, but not in the last few years.

It is, and you see 3 states out of 50 you fucking bum.

And lie all you want I was with my friend when he got his felony and now hes in Texas in the army.

Keep lying to everyone as its your job on a daily basis you fuckboy.

Hopefully you get laid off along with the half of the military thats gonna go.

Good luck with your resume.

Qualities-

Liar/cocksucker/bullshitter.

Youd be a good congressman.

Oh and you work in the Military and seem to be connected to recruiting.. so you're non-bias?

You're a fucking clown

Another fact filled post.:lol: :lol:

If you go and look at my posts, you will see that I am not selling the military, I am just not letting biased idiots like you spread lies. I have been doing the military thing for a while and can only speak on my experiences, which is more fact then your biased lies.

If Silba wants to join, cool. Good luck.

If not, cool. Good luck.

Either way is fine with me.

The recruiter will not lie has to be the most outrageous fucking lie. The United States just spent over ten years, untold billions of dollars, committed mass murder of tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent people all based on lies and fabrications from the very top. The whole war was pushed forward on lies and you are saying that some low level looser such as yourself is above lies to make quota on recruitment? Why? Because of honor in the system?

• Like 1

I am saying they are not going to lie to anyone currently, because they do not have to. Their quotas are so low, that they have people lined up waiting to join.

I am sure they will lie if they need people, but they don't and have not for the past few years.

As for the other bullshit you said. That is your opinion, but it has nothing to do with the process of joining the military.

cunt: i know you mean no disrespect to the individual troops, i'm not butthurt at all.

buuut. you really don't grasp what military life is like. and you have no grasp of what cilone is or does or what his rank is, seriously, let it go. its fine that you think the military is bad decision, for a lot of people it is. for you it clearly would be, you don't have a personality that takes orders or can let bullshit slide. there is nothing wrong with that. for some people the military is not only their only choice or their best choice, but it is a great option and will set them up for life.

the only people that are agreeing with you are the people who haven't been in. everyone i know on this board who has served, no matter the branch, pretty much has the same shit to say. i'm not going to throw their names out there--you can find the other "i'm thinking about joining threads" and figure it out, but it is definitely something you cannot understand without having done it. i don't doubt that you've had friends that are losers with no future join, i've had plenty of those kids as my soldiers. and they hated it. they were also the kids that took the recruiters word like it was the word of god, did no research on their own, and thought that "stripes" was an accurate portrayal of what we do. silba is taking the smart route, asking questions before he even gets to the recruiter and finding out what he's in for. every single person in the military was lied to by their recruiter. going into it knowing that would help a ton of people out.

as to my "fast tracking it." no. i wasn't, i made some poor decisions in life. i went to school before the army, racked up a lot of debt, and was in a hole. i was making 1500 bucks a month, salaried, to work at one of the best restaurants in my home state, building a resume and working with some amazing chefs. needless to say between a serious drinking/drug problem, cost of living and college bills (for a totally useless degree) i couldn't make it, period. so i signed up, got that debt paid for, got a bonus that paid off my credit card debt and bought a car. plus i have benefits that will last for the rest of my life--there is absolutely no other route i could have taken to have this outcome.

did it make me a man or any of that shit? no. probably not. i had a strong work ethic before i joined and i'm ocd clean, so instead of being a dirtbag/loser/no future kid i excelled in the military.

as to the national guard: i'm guard now and its kind of scary to think about them deploying. on active duty i trusted my life with my entire platoon, guard not so much... but they do offer excellent benefits with much less personal sacrifice. if you were looking at just going military for the benefits i would recommend air national guard or reserves.

silba: i may have missed it, but what jobs are you thinking about?

To build on Fist's post, the national guard is not that bad, but realize that every state is different and has different requierments to join. Whenever I see someone get disqualified from serving on the active side, I recommend they try the national guard. If one state turns them down, try another. Once your in the national guard, it is easier to go active if that is what you want to do.

oh, and they totally let losers join in the past: we had guys getting waivers because their asvab score was too low, guys with serious felonies, all kinds of shit. now its tough as shit to get in.

with 'force shaping' and bad economy there are way stricter standards, fewer people are getting out due to fear of not getting a job, and more people are trying to get in because they need a job. recruiters have it easy right now, so they might not lie about big stuff because like cilone said, they have no need to. people are going to join no matter what they're told at this point.

Im glad you can see I mean no disrespect to you and the other boys/girls.

Ill just leave it as you hit the nail on the head, my personality would never allow me to be any part of the military.

I have nothing else to say in this thread other than wishing Silba luck if thats what he wishes to do, and anyone who wants to and makes it work congratulations.

Ive never been in so I obviously dont know first hand, I only know from a large segment of my close relations.

Good luck with whatever you do Silba.

Just by what cil is saying I can tell you that he isn't a recruiter, inprocessing is separate from recruiting. I delt with kids that had been hoodwinked, and some that had worked the system like champs and gotten awesome schools and bonuses out of the deal. It's like buying a car, some people can work a salesman and get an awesome deal, others buy the winterized blinker fluid. Recruiters are salesmen trying to sell you on the deal, that's all. Some are honest, others are sleaze balls. As far as retention and recruitment go right now the navy is doing "erb's" enlisted retention boards, cutting guys with 15 years, tons of awards and commendations, and great evaluations. It's a shark tank right now.

*edit: once again an entire conversation takes place while my slow typing ass isbtrying to put something together. LOL

I can tell you that the days of deals are gone. Very little money for bonuses and very little incentives for anything else. The only jobs that I have seen get bonuses (money or otherwise) lately is SF and EOD. Nothing else is getting anything.

As for job availability, it all depends on what time you go to the MEPS. Job availability is very fluid and changes day by day, and week by week. I tell some applicants that if they can not get the job they want, try again in a month.

Bottom line is that with the way the government and congress are operating currently, the military is in limbo. There is no long time planning going on, to include accessions.

This argument was wonderful, I'll say that much. 11 out of 10.

I will not knock dude for wanting to join. I never would in a million years, but I do have close family who are enlisted. They do them, I do me.

What I will say, however, is I would think there are better places to get information than the off topic section of a graffiti themed message board, especially if this has been a "boyhood dream."