Military Service help.

Silba

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

im sure I can do some tours and make it out fine. If not then ill make the best of it, but you cant worry about the what ifs.

not gonna read this whole BS thread but I just wanted to point out the idiocy of this statement. Life is all about the what ifs, measuring risk. Think hard about this decision. That is all.

Whether or not you decide to join, good luck in the future.

Me personally, if I had to redo everything, I would go get drunk and fuck girls in a college instead of joining. But we all do not get those options, such as life is. The Army has done me alright and I am solidly middle class with nothing to complain about.

I know a few of you atleast have been in the military, or atleast know someone.

As you may know, I was hit by a car back in May, now I have a metal rod in my femur. I would also like to join the service, but I'm not sure if I am eligible.........Anyone know if the rod might DQ me from enlisting...?

Does it effect your walking at all?

Was reading this thread as I couldn't log in in my old username, my comments are a little impotent now.

However, anyone who thinks that being in the defence forces or even just the army is all about getting yelled at and ordered around has watched Full Metal Jacket a few too many times. I mean seriously, not are there umpteen amount of corps you can go in to where some are almost more civilian than not, but even in the infantry where I was it wasn't all cliche and Holywood like that.

I was deployed in to combat and I have no PTSD to speak of. I took the money I had in the bank from deployments and postings and used it to put myself through university. Now I use my military experience and my education to hold a job in top line company in a very competitive industry, a position I wouldn't have had without the mil experience.

Cunt_E, I don't mean to take away anything from the people that you know or the service that they have given. However if they have negative experiences it may be worth asking how much they contributed to that outcome themselves as the vast majority of people that I know (that didn't go awol) all have stellar things to say about their experiences. Not all have premium careers when they get out, granted, but none of them blame that on the military.

And you know what? Fuck it, I fucking loved jumping out of planes, blowing shit up and shooting guns. That along with serious travel, fitness, awesome mateship and some pretty enviable skills, shit man, if that kind of shit doesn't appeal to you I reckon you just may have what it takes to be a fucking hair stylist or front desk receptionist one day!!

Each to their own but Silba, if you can get in with your leg, more power to you brother.

PS, go check how many Fortune 500 companies have ex-Marines as their CEOs. I'll give you a hint, it's over 100 ;)

• Like 2

Well atleast you know how to write a constructive rebutal.

Ive jumped out of planes, travel, workout, have good mateships and love shooting guns.

Just to clear that up, im not a liberal queer haha.

I got nothing else to say, to each their own.