Military Service help.

Silba

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cunt: i know you mean no disrespect to the individual troops, i'm not butthurt at all.

buuut. you really don't grasp what military life is like. and you have no grasp of what cilone is or does or what his rank is, seriously, let it go. its fine that you think the military is bad decision, for a lot of people it is. for you it clearly would be, you don't have a personality that takes orders or can let bullshit slide. there is nothing wrong with that. for some people the military is not only their only choice or their best choice, but it is a great option and will set them up for life.

the only people that are agreeing with you are the people who haven't been in. everyone i know on this board who has served, no matter the branch, pretty much has the same shit to say. i'm not going to throw their names out there--you can find the other "i'm thinking about joining threads" and figure it out, but it is definitely something you cannot understand without having done it. i don't doubt that you've had friends that are losers with no future join, i've had plenty of those kids as my soldiers. and they hated it. they were also the kids that took the recruiters word like it was the word of god, did no research on their own, and thought that "stripes" was an accurate portrayal of what we do. silba is taking the smart route, asking questions before he even gets to the recruiter and finding out what he's in for. every single person in the military was lied to by their recruiter. going into it knowing that would help a ton of people out.

as to my "fast tracking it." no. i wasn't, i made some poor decisions in life. i went to school before the army, racked up a lot of debt, and was in a hole. i was making 1500 bucks a month, salaried, to work at one of the best restaurants in my home state, building a resume and working with some amazing chefs. needless to say between a serious drinking/drug problem, cost of living and college bills (for a totally useless degree) i couldn't make it, period. so i signed up, got that debt paid for, got a bonus that paid off my credit card debt and bought a car. plus i have benefits that will last for the rest of my life--there is absolutely no other route i could have taken to have this outcome.

did it make me a man or any of that shit? no. probably not. i had a strong work ethic before i joined and i'm ocd clean, so instead of being a dirtbag/loser/no future kid i excelled in the military.

as to the national guard: i'm guard now and its kind of scary to think about them deploying. on active duty i trusted my life with my entire platoon, guard not so much... but they do offer excellent benefits with much less personal sacrifice. if you were looking at just going military for the benefits i would recommend air national guard or reserves.

silba: i may have missed it, but what jobs are you thinking about?

I'm going to have to look more in to that, there's a bunch of things I'm interested in I just have to narrow them down.

I can tell you that the days of deals are gone. Very little money for bonuses and very little incentives for anything else. The only jobs that I have seen get bonuses (money or otherwise) lately is SF and EOD. Nothing else is getting anything.

As for job availability, it all depends on what time you go to the MEPS. Job availability is very fluid and changes day by day, and week by week. I tell some applicants that if they can not get the job they want, try again in a month.

Bottom line is that with the way the government and congress are operating currently, the military is in limbo. There is no long time planning going on, to include accessions.

I'm 100% sure I can get in off of everything else. I have no criminal record, my GPA is a little low, but I scored fantastic on my ACT, if that counts for anything.

I'm no idiot by any means.

But what scares me is my leg, and I was told that I would never be able to join since I had the rod in it.

But I researched and was confused, because the rod is no longer needed in my leg, I'm not dependant on the rod. It's just there. It was there to help the bone heal, but that's done. I can do anything normaly, I have to work on my leg some more, but I have to drop some weight anyways.

Thats what got me. The physical issue.

haha. yeah, recruiters used to help with that, i doubt they need to do that these days.

when i joined i had 'a profound hatred of man' tattooed on my arm. the recruiter was pretty confident that would ensure i had to get more psych evals than standard, so i got a fake black bar tattoo covering it and told them it was my ex gf's name. (in hindsight i doubt it would have mattered, but its part of the recruiter/lying thing).

i have also never tried any drugs besides marijuana once, which i didn't like........

there are practice asvab tests available. i didn't think the test was hard, but some certainly do. its a scatter shot test covering everything from engines to puzzles to animals and math. none of its college level or anything, but it would certainly not hurt to brush up on long your high school algebra and geometry..

Yeah because being told what to do down to the most minute detail and killing ragheads is what ever boy dreams of doing when he grows up.

Again, that just shows that the amount of losers is growing and the amount of money people with shit going on are willing to pay to keep said bums feed is starting to run out.

People arent filling the recruits office because being an engineer or a doctor is for the birds, its because they cant get laid, too god damn dumb for college, and they have no friends so up and moving away is no problem.

Thank god they are finally cutting the fat that has played a huge hand in crippling this nations economy.

I have issues? Why because I see the military as a job corp?

Sorry I dont suck Uncle Sam's dick

Nurga seems like you got an issue, its called massive downsizing.

Id be brushing up on the ole resume if I were you.

if youre so high up and important in the Armed forces why are you arguing on a graffiti website?

Shouldnt you be trolling a mall looking for fresh meat?

Its almost sad to argue with you, and Im not interested in being your roomate but thanks for the offer I already have a place.

It is quite funny how wrong you are about so many different things.

What is even funnier is that you came into a thread about joining the military and you are trolling, trying to push an anti-government agenda, and failing at it. the reason you are failing is because you spend more time attacking me and not explaining what you think is so bad about the military. You are not even good at attacking me. Calling me a cocksucker or something else along those lines, just tells us that you have no valid argument against the military, other then you just do not like us.

It is obvious you do not know what you are talking about. Do you have any more insults for me? You really are hurting my feelings.:lol: :lol: :lol:

What is it im wrong about?

Its the internet br0, its all about assumption and the bits and pieces you pick up from people since this website has an anonymous nature for a reason.

I dont need to write a paragraph to get my point across. You really are a broken record, and seem to be quite poor at argumentative skills since you do the exact same thing you accuse others of.

You never state your point, and then instead of coming with substance you try to evaporate what others say by deeming it meaningless, fact less, and un equivalent to what it is we are trying to state.

Let me break it down for you.

Things that are bad about the military.

-Youre stock full of drop outs, felons, bums, losers, psychos, and sub serviant no bodies. (90%)

-You no longer wage war to protect our homeland, you are part of something called ''The Military Industrial complex''

-America no longer can effectively produce bearly anything that can be exported other than guns, bullets, tanks, and other shit that makes shit you dont like go BOOM. So the job corp aka the military employs nobodies like you to wage war in an effort to keep production rates of said items and companies like Boring profitable.

-You kill a quarter of a million innocent foreigners yearly to protect american economic interest aboard.

-You send thousands of men and women into horrid situations all over the globe to do the bidding of a small few who wouldnt piss on you or your comrades if you were on fire.

-Once your ''boys and girls'' come home they are basically discarded and lucky to wind up with a job at target in most cases, and you allow them to go homless and hungry

-Your job atmosphere, or should I say those actually fighting a war not kicking their feet up at a desk in a strip mall or office space become unstable, alcoholics, and suffer from mental breakdowns and are brought home as lunatics who wind up killing innocent citizens because there is inadequate money and treatment for war induced mental illnesses.

-And the piece de le resistance is all the while you consume 1/3 of the nations budget to do so taking money that could easy feed every man woman and child, give them an education, and put a roof over their head.

But I suppose non of that is Valid.

Oh, and youre a polesmoker. How about that?

argumentum ad hominem like a motherfucker.

The VA has become very adept at treating PTSD. The help is there but the member has to accept it.

The military industrial complex is a reality of the post war era. If you enjoy the internet you have no room to talk, invented by the dod to share computer resources back when they filled rooms.

• Like 1

How is any of that conspiracy nonsense relevant to what this kid is asking? All you are doing is pushing your anti-government agenda and failing at it, because you can not even rationally talk about it.

The kid asked for info on the process about joining the military, not your thoughts on the "military industrial complex". It obviously is your opinion that is a bad idea, but you are not even able to be logical about it and discuss it rationally.

Keep up the good work.

Of course you are basing your opinion of recruiters on first hand experience right? otherwise you would be totally looking like a retard right now LOL.. im just messing im sure you have been in the military and been lied to about your bonus or enlistment length??? YOU ARE A FUCKING OXYGEN THIEF!!!

Jesus fucking Christ do you know how to say anything else?

Sir yes sir!

Youre like a politician, you never say jack shit even when presented with an argument.

Its cool though dude, I figured you werent the sharpest tool in the shed.

I wont be arguing with you anymore, its not even entertaining as you wont fight back past the level of a 12 year old girl.

''Im rubber and you are glue''

And how is that non-logical? Maby if you had made it through high school instead of getting your GED youd know that.

Look up how much of the budget is spent on ''Defense''

Look up civillian casualties on a non-baised/non-US source

Read the fucking news this week, there were like what three or four mass shootings all by Military vets who were PTSD?

I guess thats all a conspiracy right.

You need to learn how to make a rebuttal instead of saying the same god damn thing in every single thread you argue in.

• Like 1

In attempt to get this thread back on track.... for you personal medical situation you need to talk to a recruiter and see what kind of waiver is available IF INDEED you are not eligible. If you are interested in a combat series mos (combat job) you may want to get your foot in the door with a soft skill mos (support job) and then perhaps once you are in try to reclass into a combat job... as for contacting a recruiter google that shit mang dont be a noob... google army/navy/ or whatever and your home town + recruiter im sure something will surface! IF you want to join the military dont let anyone talk you out of it... all this govt is evil shit is a bunch of garbage.. while those guys complain and bitch about their situation you could be doing some fun shit riding in helicopters killing hippies and getting college paid for.... i did it for almost 8 years and am going to a very expansive school for FREE not only FREE but i get paid over 1400 a month for just LIVING... dont regret a minute of it..and for all the people who have NOT BEEN IN THE MILITARY your opinion is irrelevant for the simple fact that you have not been in...

22 lines later :spin2:

Realism you always bring so much insight to the threads :p

accidental double post.

Accidental birth is more like it

Of course you are basing your opinion of recruiters on first hand experience right? otherwise you would be totally looking like a retard right now LOL.. im just messing im sure you have been in the military and been lied to about your bonus or enlistment length??? YOU ARE A FUCKING OXYGEN THIEF!!!

Im assuming this is directed at me, so ill go ahead and answer it with no name calling, which isnt like me.

Yes ive spoken to quite a few recruiters, mostly and I mean mostly not by choice.

If im looking like a retard in channel zero im either fitting in or doing it right.

Nope never been, never will be.

Again just because something dosent happen directly to you dosent mean you cant have the inside scoop.

No I havent been lied to, but I know quite a few lads/lasses that have been.

Shit my boy whose in the rines gets paid late sometimes... thats not a good sign.

Other buddy in the army has been lied to about promotions and bonuses as well.

Pops got cheated on his enlistment length and it wound up fucking up a great oppurtunity for him.

And Nurga Oxygen aint the only thing I steal.

• Like 1

hahaha When you see someone in uniform anywhere, do you automatically launch into a anti-military tirade? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I really make you that mad?:lol: :lol:

HE IS SO UMAD!!!! recruiters lie about the same amount as any recruiter for any company or job.. OH I LOVE WORKING HERE THE STAFF IS JUST SO AWESOME!!... OH BASIC TRAINING WILL BE A BREEZE its all the same shit.. but if you work for the big bad evil government you are an idiot.. yeah you must be stupid with that free health care, college, no sales tax on post, job security, steady check, wow what a fucking moron!!!

hahaha When you see someone in uniform anywhere, do you automatically launch into a anti-military tirade? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I really make you that mad?:lol: :lol:

Youre a fuckign retard.

No and i have nothing against anyone in uniform other than police.

My best Friend is a Marine dipshit.

and not you nor anyone on this website can make me mad.

This is a haven for for low lifes of every kind, id be dissapointed in myself if I ever let someone

make me angry IL over a computer screen.

In attempt to get this thread back on track.... for you personal medical situation you need to talk to a recruiter and see what kind of waiver is available IF INDEED you are not eligible. If you are interested in a combat series mos (combat job) you may want to get your foot in the door with a soft skill mos (support job) and then perhaps once you are in try to reclass into a combat job... as for contacting a recruiter google that shit mang dont be a noob... google army/navy/ or whatever and your home town + recruiter im sure something will surface! IF you want to join the military dont let anyone talk you out of it... all this govt is evil shit is a bunch of garbage.. while those guys complain and bitch about their situation you could be doing some fun shit riding in helicopters killing hippies and getting college paid for.... i did it for almost 8 years and am going to a very expansive school for FREE not only FREE but i get paid over 1400 a month for just LIVING... dont regret a minute of it..and for all the people who have NOT BEEN IN THE MILITARY your opinion is irrelevant for the simple fact that you have not been in...

An expansive school huh? They sure dont teach you idiots much it would seem.

Hoo-rah!

HE IS SO UMAD!!!! recruiters lie about the same amount as any recruiter for any company or job.. OH I LOVE WORKING HERE THE STAFF IS JUST SO AWESOME!!... OH BASIC TRAINING WILL BE A BREEZE its all the same shit.. but if you work for the big bad evil government you are an idiot.. yeah you must be stupid with that free health care, college, no sales tax on post, job security, steady check, wow what a fucking moron!!!

What is there to be mad about? youre bragging about $1400 a month... I made that when I was 17 homie. And I never said the goverment was evil you fucking dunce, obviously youre literacy and emphasis are a bit off... mang. Im assuming youre a nurga or a wigger so nothing you have to say really matters to me.

Job security? Eh well see in a couple years cause I doubt it.

and free healthcare huh? Keep your free healthcare, PTSD and hooks for hands and ill stay not stepping on IEDs.

Oh and my college is free too, because I actually didnt flunk high school. damn who knew you could get free college if you could read and write instead of shooting guns?

nd no sales tax... woah man thats big shit. Where do i sign up?

An expansive school huh? They sure dont teach you idiots much it would seem.

Hoo-rah!

What is there to be mad about? youre bragging about $1400 a month... I made that when I was 17 homie. And I never said the goverment was evil you fucking dunce, obviously youre literacy and emphasis are a bit off... mang. Im assuming youre a nurga or a wigger so nothing you have to say really matters to me.

Job security? Eh well see in a couple years cause I doubt it.

and free healthcare huh? Keep your free healthcare, PTSD and hooks for hands and ill stay not stepping on IEDs.

Oh and my college is free too, because I actually didnt flunk high school. damn who knew you could get free college if you could read and write instead of shooting guns?

nd no sales tax... woah man thats big shit. Where do i sign up?

whats to be mad about???? im braging about 1400 a month without lifting a finger at this point... im sure you were a big time pot seller at 17 but you gotta understand all i do is show up to school no more no less... no wigger or nurga..whatever racist shit that means.. i guess you will see in a few years about the job security of the military, i doubt you will just see people quit and walk away the govt is a bit smarter than that, we woudl way rather give the military money than you duh!!!...

I do have free health care and glad to say NO PTSD and i did get hit with IEDS and you didnt so have fun trying to be a badass when all you saw were super hardcore drug deals.. LOL my girl aint even scared of you fools!...

OH your COLLEGE WAS FREE HUH.... lets not lie here and i got a diploma with a better grade than you.. at least i am 95% sure of that big brains brad!! And if you cant shoot guns then you will father weak offspring