State-mandated “Sexual Brainwashing” Begins in California Schools

McLovin

Off- Topic

Its no wonder congress cant get anything done if the bulk of the populous is stuck pigeon holing each other and infighting ... just like they do in session this drawing lines of right and left to every topic under the sun. Karl Rove did an amazing job if we are still stuck on this damn near 10 years later.

On-Topic

Schools should teach tolerance of all social segments, anything less is bigotry.

If parents want a more church focused teaching for their children there are private schools.

If said parents cant afford private school, maybe they should have been paying more attention to what has been going on in our politics for the past 3 decades and not have voted purely based on christian values.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Mr. Incognito Its not that you're christian, is that you're a conservative which has its views formed by the religious right. You may not go to church but your disdain for political correctness, liberalism, moralism in schools, and the desire to turn a blind eye towards LGBT lifestyles are ideas that ONLY are popular because of the church. You may not believe in god but your sense of right and wrong is directly in line with religious beliefs.Do you really think that's by coincidence? That's by design. You think it's funny i have you pegged as part of the religious sect in this country. You haven't said ONE thing that diametrically opposes what they believe. THe church agrees with everything you've said in this thread 100%. You're either smart enough to hide your colors, or dumb enough to not realize what you are. I think it's the first, because you're smart enough to avoid questions that would really throw you in with the rest of the religious conservative. Here. If you DON'T think you're a religious conservative, answer these questions. You avoided them the first time because you didn't know what this thread was about. Now that you do (hopefully) you can answer them:

Im curious what you would teach your kid that would be so different than what a public school would teach. Let me give you a scenario and you tell me how you'd react:

Your ten year old son wants to go to school dressed like a girl, how do you react?

Your ten year old son has a sleepover at another boy's house. The next day you get a furious call from the boy's mother that your son kissed her boy on the lips. How do you handle the situation?

Word gets around at school about your ten year old son kissing another boy. They make fun of him at school. He comes home crying. How do you handle the situation? Also, what education do you give him at home?

At this point you're pretty certain that your son is gay, or at least he's exploring gender roles. Why are you grateful that homosexuality isn't being taught at schools?

Also, if you want me to point out exactly where I had you pegged as a biggot, there's a few places, but this one works:

from the sounds of it, you would rather a school teacher tell your kids about it than yourself. that's more fucked up than parents teaching their kids to shun homosexuality in my opinion.

You ACTUALLY think it's better for a parent to teach homophobia than for a school to teach tollerance.

yeah, you're right, on one hand a lot of my views do coincide with a religious conservative's views. on the other hand, me supporting things like pro choice, gay marriage and no prayer in school are things that actually do go 100% against what the religious right preaches. but im sure with views like that my hypothetical kids are doomed to be bigots in the eyes of people such as yourself for not being 100% bleeding hearts

your example of my "bigotry" you just quoted again is fucking weak to me. the point YET AGAIN is that any parent who would rather have their kid learn tolerance from a teacher and not themselves in my opinion is pretty much slacking as a parent, passing THEIR job off onto a public school teacher. maybe it's because your own mom is a 3rd grade teacher, but i think from the sounds of it you give other teachers a bit too much credit.

as for your scenarios, whatever i say to each one you're gonna pull some absolutist conclusion from it, so what's the point exactly? for you to try and prove to me im a religious conservative? don't waste your time dude, i really don't care.

That's actually false. The religious right wing is smart enough to stop calling black people niggers, and to show tolerance of homosexuals, as long as they be gay away from you, and you don't have to acknowledge their existence— Which isn't actually being tolerant. Its just you saying what you think I want to hear. THATS what you've been doing this whole time. You don't care who's gay as long as it's not in front of your hypothetical bigoted children. You're also doing what the church does, which is make a big show of tolerance through words, so long as nobody makes you stick to them.

And fuck yeah I'm gonna draw conclusions from how you answer those questions. I can do the same thing by you refusing answering the questions too. You've said many times that you're tolerant of homosexuality. I want to see HOW tolerant you are when your own hypothetical biggot son is potentially gay and being made fun of at school.

sexually i don't care what people do or are into or whatever, but you're right, i don't really want someone to be gay not away from me, although i don't exactly know what you mean by someone being gay close to me. all i can picture is two dudes just making out right in front of me in a public place or some shit. it can be two straight people obnoxiously making out in public and it would still annoy me. so what does "being gay away from you" really mean? butt fucking eachother behind closed doors?

my answer to all your scenarios can be summed up in that i would disown my kid if he were gay, but not until i humiliated him more and made fun of him more than the kids at school would for dressing like a girl at school and kissing boys at age ten. i would tell him he is a worthless sexual deviant and is choking on the devils cock and seems to enjoy it like the little bitch that he is. i would assume he already contracted AIDS from also assumably being a donut puncher in the little boys bathroom at his elementary school, servicing the glory hole all throughout the day, all the while blaming people like your mom for teaching him that behavior like this is acceptable and tolerable in present day society.

^I assume you wanted to hear something like that, right?

This thread makes my brain hurt. How is this even an issue today? It's 2012... jesus christ...

When I was in grade school, we learned about other cultures, we learned about other types of people, and we learned about, well, you know, social issues. (civil rights movement, suffrage, shit like that).

I think a school should teach academics, certainly. But a large part, perhaps the most important part, is to learn about the world around you. social skills, how to interact.

kids will grow up, and have to interact with all types of people from all types of socio-economic startas, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations.

being aware that differences exist will help straight, sheltered kids interact appropriately to people outside their norm.

being aware that differences exist will help queer kids know there is nothing wrong with them.

it's a win win situation.

and you're a PC faggot.

I might be politically correct but at least I'm not a giant pussy who hides what I'm really thinking. Im sorry that's over the line. I completely understand your plight. You have to live in a state like New York, surrounded by liberals, making it near impossible to gay bash or blame the darkies or immigrants for your troubles anymore. Now for someone like you to evade the liberals you have to swallow your pride and suffer the indignity of pretending to be accepting of other people's races and creeds. That's a rough life you live so I'll leave you with a bit of comedy to cheer yourself up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGAOCVwLrXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXHq0F4nG5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvLvLlxKFE4

haha you sound like the most judgmental person in this fucking thread in the first place man.

"you're a homophobe"

thank you so much for telling me what it is i REALLY am, after i've said repeatedly i'd hand down views and morals of acceptance and tolerance of ANYONE to my kids, i support gay marriage, and i honestly just DO NOT FUCKING CARE IF SOMEONE IS GAY! IM NOT AGAINST IT. what part of that is homophobic? is it the fact that i give even the slightest shit about parenting? and no, that's not even me strictly suggesting a mom and dad.

why are you SOOOOO sensitive on the subject? are you yourself gay? and really, what is it exactly that you mean by being tolerant of gays as long as they are being gay away from me? as opposed to being gay close to me? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! what the fuck can i do to accept gays MORE than by already peacefully ignoring them. because essentially that is what being tolerant means. you tolerate them.

fuck man. you're like talking to a really really shitty girlfriend

It's cool man. Just accept it. You're a gay bashing homophobe. You have no idea what it even means to be tolerant of someone unlike yourself and you like things the way they are. You're also completely wrapped up in being a walking personification of male insecurity. That's your struggle. You're THAT guy.

im not suggesting all people encourage tolerance to their children, that wasn't an aspect of my argument really. what i was doing was asking the question of WHY people like you who want it to be taught in the classroom wouldn't rather just teach it themselves. i don't see an added benefit to them learning about it at school rather than home from their parents, unless some of you think an elementary school teacher is just better at teaching your kids morality and ethics.....in which case i wouldn't consider you cut out to be a good parent

I want to print this out and put it on my refrigerator.

Also FYI, I've said this before but teaching kids morality is religious instruction. So no I wouldn't be teaching my kids how to be moral. I would teach them ethics. You obviously would get those two confused because you yourself have stated again and again that you don't go to church, and yet don't know the difference between religious idealism and polite social etiquette. I would also be teaching my kids the meaning of "irony," so they'll realize what i just said was a joke.

i just realized something...there is absolutely no point in further arguing with you if what you're going to do is go back and edit posts you made before my response, but not edit them UNTIL i've responded. you can't sum up your thoughts without reading what i say then going back to alter what you originally said? jesus christ man.

i liked you when you were gay, but now you're just being a faggot.

Im not sure why you're so insecure about my post edits. They're generally for misspellings and grammatical errors or fixing word choices I'm not too keen on. I don't actually know if anyone has posted after me until I hit refresh. If its that big a deal for you, wait an hour for the edit time limit to run out.

Uh oh here comes an edit: I will say that if this is your new strategy of debating whether or not homosexual tolerance should be taught in schools I like it a lot more than your previous strategy. Yeah, attacking me personally is going to win you some serious debate points that nobody is keeping track of.

Also, here's the question you're avoiding:

WHY DONT YOU WANT HOMOSEXUAL TOLERANCE TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS?

you won't answer that question head on, you just keep resorting back to "Nothing should be taught in schools that the parents can teach themselves." And then you completely miss the irony that EVERYTHING in schools can be taught by the parents, so why have school at all?

So answer the question. The legislation in question has already been passed and will provide children an education on the role individuals (who happen to be gay) have played in the history of America. THAT'S IT. Answer why you have a problem with that. Or here I'll rephrase it for you,

THATS NOW in the california school curriculum. And according to you I have to be gay to be supportive of it. Why is that?

the thing is that all throughout my posts in this thread i kept mentioning elementary school aged kids. i don't think it's cool for them to be taught anything sexual, whether it's homo or hetero. they aren't old enough to understand it. i also don't think they are old enough to understand why, as the article put it, a kid can have two moms or two dads.

as far as older high school aged kids learning about the roles gays have played in the history of America, then whatever. i honestly can't say i even have a problem with that. there's academic value to it.

"Children will be taught to see homosexuality, bisexuality, cross-dressing, sex-change operations, and homosexual marriages as good and natural and perhaps even for them"

i barely like discussing the article because it's written with so much bias, but if i were to take that at face value, i would disagree that any young child should have to learn that. it's not that i think learning the opposite is any better like you might think i do Soup, but like i said above, elementary aged kids don't understand that stuff in the first place. save it for high school when kids can have more of an ability to agree or disagree and think for themselves

Im not sure why you're so insecure about my post edits. They're generally for misspellings and grammatical errors or fixing word choices I'm not too keen on. I don't actually know if anyone has posted after me until I hit refresh. If its that big a deal for you, wait an hour for the edit time limit to run out.

you actually edited what you first responded to me with on page 2 and i didn't even see it until tonight. you also edited your post on the top of this page by about twice as much content more than ten minutes after i responded. whatever though.

I just don't like being a post whore and having four or five posts in a row like I would if I didn't edit. After posting I realize that I should elaborate on something. When I edit a post i am NEVER responding to something someone posted after. I post, hit edit, proofread, click save, proofread again, hit edit, save, then hit refresh to see if anyone's posted.

the thing is that all throughout my posts in this thread i kept mentioning elementary school aged kids. i don't think it's cool for them to be taught anything sexual, whether it's homo or hetero. they aren't old enough to understand it. i also don't think they are old enough to understand why, as the article put it, a kid can have two moms or two dads.

as far as older high school aged kids learning about the roles gays have played in the history of America, then whatever. i honestly can't say i even have a problem with that. there's academic value to it.

"Children will be taught to see homosexuality, bisexuality, cross-dressing, sex-change operations, and homosexual marriages as good and natural and perhaps even for them"

i barely like discussing the article because it's written with so much bias, but if i were to take that at face value, i would disagree that any young child should have to learn that. it's not that i think learning the opposite is any better like you might think i do Soup, but like i said above, elementary aged kids don't understand that stuff in the first place. save it for high school when kids can have more of an ability to agree or disagree and think for themselves

A couple more questions before I really get into it: What about african american history? I was taught about black history month, martin luther king, and kwanza when I was seven. Same age I learned about tug boats and dump trucks. Should I have received that education later in high school? I was taught about WWII and the holocaust and judiasm when I was 11. Did learning about those things adversely affect me and should've been taught at a later time?

Why this fear about teaching seven year olds about homosexuality the same way they teach black history? Imagine if Martin Luther King Jr. was a homosexual who fought instead for civil rights of gays. That's what they're going to do by adding Harvey Milk's story the curriculum. They'll teach that alongside the current curriculum on missionaries saving the souls of countless native americans, and columbus, a good christian man, was following god when he was the first to discover america. Not that native americans were wiped out by the white man and pagan vikings were the first to discover America. When you think about it, MOST of the current curriculum taught to children in elementary school is made up bullshit about the fake accomplishments of White Christian Americans and their ancestors.

Now like it or not children are hardwired be to gay, straight, or bi, at age two, and from age two onward those children are exploring what it means to be a man, what it means to be a woman, what they like about men, what they like about women, what they like about BEING a man, what they like about BEING a woman... none of which has ANYTHING to do with their actual physical gender. You may have kissed a boy when you were younger. Since you were quoting Louis C.K. earlier you might be familiar with the story of him sitting on his ten year old friend's back so he could help his friend rub one out. There aren't many things straight children ARENT allowed to do.... But for a gay kid, he's not allowed to do anything and that turns a perfectly normal gay kid into someone more likely to use drugs and commit suicide. Just ponder the possibility for a second that that was your child. You might think he's fine but how much of your school life did you share with your parents?

Lets be clear that my experience with gay children is limited. Contrary to belief I'm not gay. A bit femme, did some cross dressing when I was four or five, but that's it. My grandfather was gay, which makes me a quarter gay. And I'm sure you're wondering "How's that possible." Well, like all gay men of his time he was a closeted gay who went as far as he had to to remain in the closet, then taking out his emotional issues of being forced into a lifestyle he didn't want by beating the shit out of my dad his whole life so he had an insane set of psychological issues too. I have a theory that states you can rank the most violent countries by how homophobic they are. And if we were most accepting of gay people you wouldn't have psychos like my grandpa who killed more koreans than he could count.

I did have one gay friend who, not surprisingly was the FIRST to have a girlfriend already in second and third grade. He didn't come out of the closet until after high school, but I missed all that because i moved in 4th grade. Then in junior high i remember this one kid who also turned out to be gay, and he was the first kid at our school to get a girl to blow him. There's like this weird thing gay kids do of trying the hardest to be straight before giving up and admitting they're gay.

Now why do you think that is? Why do gay kids try so hard to be straight? You think it has something to do with the fact that they are not accepted ANYWHERE? Not at home, not in school, DEFINITELY not at church, which is sad because children should at least be able to feel safe at school. I know you're the other way about this, you feel like if a child could feel safe, it should be at HOME, but that's because you were middle to upper middle class white suburban who didn't live in a shitty neighborhood with bullets flying, cops barging into the house, mom getting smacked around by dad and so on. You probably didn't even have cultural diversity at your school. You probably didn't learn the word "nigger" the same time you lost your first tooth by some black kid accusing you of saying it and bashing your head into a concrete water faucet.

You probably didn't have friends in the third grade who were dealing with their grandma taking care of them and never getting to see their mom because she shot and killed their dad. Outside of your whitewashed suburban upbringing your idea that families should be the ones to teach ethics to children, not schools makes NO sense whatsoever.

Now the reason why I'm even debating all this is because once again the religious right is eroding constitutional rights for everyone else, all based on the bible. They're fighting a war on homosexuality just like they faught a war on black people, and before that they fought a war on feminism, and before that a war on the savages that were indigenous to america.... and the history goes thousands of years back.

You say "Im tolerant of homosexuals but don't teach that to my children."

Your parents said "I'm tolerant of hippies but don't bring that hippie shit into my schools."

Your grandpa said "Im tolerant of women and niggers, but don't teach them with white men."

Your great grandpa said "FUCK NIGGERS, FUCK WOMEN, AND FUCK FAGGOTS."

Can you fucking imagine where this country would be if we left everything up to the parents?! I just can't believe you'd actually say "just leave it all to the parents."

"Hey why do you believe there's a god?"

"My parents believe there's a god."

"Hey, why do you hate black people?"

"My parents hate black people"

"I'm glad you thought this through."

Most people wouldn't let their parents pick out a pair of fucking pants for them. You on the other hand will let them pick out semitic beliefs for you...and you wouldn't even want the public educational system to teach you differently.

im going to say this one last time, but i can't go over my stance again and again because you draw your own black and white conclusions based on what i've already said a million times, and i don't know how you're going to compare any civil rights history to any kind of sexual education be it straight or not. one is a history topic and the other is a health/science topic. but whatever, that's besides the point.

most kids by middle school already know what it means to be gay, and most don't learn from their public school teachers. i didn't. it's not a black and white subject where if you don't learn about these things from your teachers, you automatically must have learned them from your parents. if anything, friends and peers are the quickest way to learn about the "outside" world. not parents and teachers. i don't put a mandated public school curriculum on any kind of pedestal, especially when most kids where im from end up not graduating. i think literally our graduation rates in my city are under half. kids from here can't even fucking read. so no, i barely trust a public school system to just fix things like tolerance with some textbook.

for the record though, my parents never "educated" me on homosexuality. they never educated me on being tolerant of people. somehow i figured that out for myself by the time middle school rolled around. and i happen to believe whether the school wants to teach the ethics of homosexuality, it's not going to change much. and as far as gay civil rights figures and history go, i don't care if it's taught. but trust me, there are plenty of people that are WAY more against all of it than i ever would be. i just don't believe it will solve much, and that if someone like you Soup eventually has a kid, you would do a better job instilling the aspect of acceptance/tolerance into your kid than a teacher. do YOU disagree with that assumption?

im going to say this one last time, but i can't go over my stance again and again because you draw your own black and white conclusions based on what i've already said a million times, and i don't know how you're going to compare any civil rights history to any kind of sexual education be it straight or not. one is a history topic and the other is a health/science topic. but whatever, that's besides the point.

Because we're not talking about sexual education you fucking dummy. Learning where the penis goes and learning about Harvey Milk, an american politician/attourney who fought for the civil rights of gay americans, might be the same discussion for you but for everybody else those aren't even the same fucking classrooms. READ THE ARTICLE. I've quoted exactly what the education would be: AMERICAN HISTORY Involving prominent gays in american politic. Why can't you read the article you're disputing before trying to dispute it? You're the biggest douche for typing up the exact same thing over and over without even knowing what the hell anybody else is talking about. Way to be a non-contributing zilch to this thread.

And what's your point about "nobody ever taught me about homosexuality so I don't think the kids should know it exists either." How is that a good argument? "I was an ignorant white privileged child who grew up not knowing anything about homosexual history and took great pride in calling people I didn't like faggots and queers. I don't see why children should have to learn to be more progressive than my uneducated, disrespectful intolerant loser self." And your statement " i just don't believe it will solve much" Jesus christ. Black history month isn't a month dedicated to ignorant crackers who still use the word nigger un-ironically. No poor redneck has ever gone through his first black history month and come out with fresh eyes, preaching equality. It's a month for the African American community to feel at least represented in the public education system ONE TWELTH as much as white people. The same thing about teaching the history of homosexuality in this country. Its not for you. It's for the oppressed citizens out there on the fringe who are being marginalized and beaten to death by ignorant motherfuckers who say the same thing you do, "I don't want anything to do with homosexuals." Its so they know that what they're about is as constitutionally supported as apple pie, and those ignorant fucks/the poor saps from whatever sad fucking backwards long-island town you crawled out of and who can't take a redneck/jesus joke can go screw.

there are plenty of people that are WAY more against all of it than i ever would be.

That says a lot more about your work ethic than how tolerant you claim to be.

if anything, friends and peers are the quickest way to learn about the "outside" world. not parents and teachers.

And you wonder why Americans are such complete idiots. They learn about the "outside" world from the same bunch of ignorant trailerpark rednecks.

You know, you give me shit for editing my posts but really you should be doing the same. I think if you actually peer-edited your fucking posts from time to time you'd realize that you start every post with this brilliant idea you think you have, and by the end of the post CHUNKS of your brain have fallen out all over the fucking floor. I'm literally counting the pieces as they fall out when I read each of your posts, saying, "Oh he still thinks the article states they're teaching sex education to children, there goes another chunk."

I do wonder what part of new york you claim to be from. Mastic? Sexual assault/trailerpark/bum on bum crime capital of the East Coast? I like how you say "I'm from New York, so by transitive property of state geography I must be liberal and tolerant. There's a pie chart somewhere that proves it." I shake my head at you sir, and all the dumb things you continue to say in this thread and on the rest of 12oz.

no, the article includes more than just gay history figures. a textbook isn't going to be strictly history based, and the article already points that stuff out. im not going to get into stupid arguments about where im from, because all of your assumptions not only don't fucking matter but are just straight up wrong. no matter what i say about gays and being accepting of them, you've already written me off again and again as a homophobe bigot.

if you're going to quote bits of my last post you could at least answer the question that i've pretty much been defending this whole time

if someone like you Soup eventually has a kid, you would do a better job instilling the aspect of acceptance/tolerance into your kid than a teacher. do YOU disagree with that assumption?

i also never said that because i wasn't TAUGHT (in school or by my parents) about homosexuality, that i didn't know about it at a young age. you're quoting me again saying shit i never said. it's not "i didn't learn about it so they shouldn't either." yeah, i agree that young people are products of their environment, like when you say those same kids learn about stuff from ignorant trailer park rednecks, it's not much different from when one would learn it from ignorant ghetto niggers, right? good luck instilling a sense of tolerance and gay acceptance into lives of those two kinds of people in the first place.

you can have the last word now

Soup thinks everyone is an isolated/ignorant/racist redneck who lives in a trailer park .. And the teaching of black history is the same as the teaching as homosexual history. I myself agree that they are the same in the sense that they are both bullshit. History should be taught as history. no labels. If they wish to incorporate these new subjects then fine.(Harvey Bernard Milk did this and that and many wonderful things for gay people & he was gay, fine.) However, having an agenda to alter someones views on homosexuality is wrong.Let them think for themselves.

no, the article includes more than just gay history figures. a textbook isn't going to be strictly history based, and the article already points that stuff out. im not going to get into stupid arguments about where im from, because all of your assumptions not only don't fucking matter but are just straight up wrong. no matter what i say about gays and being accepting of them, you've already written me off again and again as a homophobe bigot.

If you're gonna say something like this you're going to need to cite it, because i can cite exactly where you're full of shit. Even in that right wing piece of shit article that uses "sexual-brainwashing" so for shock value they say this,

Known as the Fair, Accurate, Inclusive, and Respectful (FAIR) Education Act, the law adds “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender [LGBT] Americans” to the list of minority groups which schools are required to portray positively. It mandates that social-science “instructional materials” include “the role and contributions of … lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans.” It prohibits teachers and school districts from “sponsor[ing] any activity that promotes a discriminatory bias on the basis of … sexual orientation.” It forbids state and local school boards from adopting any curriculum “reflecting adversely upon persons on the basis of … sexual orientation.” And since the required instruction is woven into regular social-science lessons, parents are given no warning that it will occur and no option to remove their children from class when such instruction is taking place.

WHAT THE WHOLE ARTICLE IS ABOUT is that there's a law right now that states "The california educational system BY LAW can't show differences between gays and heteros, even tho gay men were commonly burned at the stake alongside witches, and to this day Gay people's constitutional rights are infringed upon." And they want to fix that. It's like saying "By law nobody will ever point out differences between black people and white people, even tho white people commonly killed black people for those differences that nobody's allowed to talk about. It's totally ridiculous.

if you're going to quote bits of my last post you could at least answer the question that i've pretty much been defending this whole time, "if someone like you Soup eventually has a kid, you would do a better job instilling the aspect of acceptance/tolerance into your kid than a teacher. do YOU disagree with that assumption?"

Christ. Well, I don't know the hypothetical teacher that would be teaching my hypothetical child, now do I? And it doesn't even matter, because it takes a village to raise a kid anyway. No parent raises their kid on their own, and if they do that kid is probably severely fucked up. And I already said, the education on homosexual americans in american history is NOT for the straight kids in class. It's for the one kid that's gay or has gay parents and is being marginalized. Just like black people were felt marginalized in school before black history month. And women too. When girls were first allowed to go to school with boys all the books were about how men changed the course of history, how men were the providers. The entire educational system, public or private, has written women into passively riding in the back seat white men were at the wheel and riding shot gun.

i also never said that because i wasn't TAUGHT (in school or by my parents) about homosexuality, that i didn't know about it at a young age. you're quoting me again saying shit i never said. it's not "i didn't learn about it so they shouldn't either." yeah, i agree that young people are products of their environment, like when you say those same kids learn about stuff from ignorant trailer park rednecks, it's not much different from when one would learn it from ignorant ghetto niggers, right? good luck instilling a sense of tolerance and gay acceptance into lives of those two kinds of people in the first place.

Two things, one, this conversation is about homosexual education in elementary school, so I was directly referring to you not being taught anything in elementary school. And two, I don't give a shit what education you received because you're not exactly a shining example of ANYTHING. You're a lump doing nothing with your life from some hell hole east coast bum fuck town and you don't want kids to learn about homosexuality because you'd hate for anything to come along and fuck with your shitty lump existence.

NOT ONCE did you even try to explain why you have such a fear about children learning about homosexuality. What is your fear? Saying "well I didn't learn about it so they shouldn't either" is the DUMBEST argument on the fucking planet. Seriously, imagine your kid walking along and two older gentlemen holding hands kiss each other right in front of him. Explain to me why acknowledging their existence is going to fuck up your kid? Are you afraid that your child is going to grow up and learn to be a tolerant and progressive individual? Are you afraid that he's going to look down on you and your awful petty existence, move out of your awful petty trailerpark and grow up TOLLERANT? Or does your brain not even have the capacity to connect that many dots, and you're just scared that your kid will grow up to be bi curious, which is terrifying to you because if you find your son kissing someone else's son you'll have to disown him?

Soup thinks everyone is an isolated/ignorant/racist redneck who lives in a trailer park .. And the teaching of black history is the same as the teaching as homosexual history. I myself agree that they are the same in the sense that they are both bullshit. History should be taught as history. no labels. If they wish to incorporate these new subjects then fine.(Harvey Bernard Milk did this and that and many wonderful things for gay people & he was gay, fine.) However, having an agenda to alter someones views on homosexuality is wrong.Let them think for themselves. [/color]

When have I ever suggested that anyone besides Mr. Incognito grew up in a trailer park? I asked him what town he grew up in and he won't say. That's usually an indicator that he lives in a fucking awful place. He probably tells people he lives "Fifteen minutes from the hamptons"

And I love how you start this paragraph by saying, "black history is the same as the teaching as homosexual history" which either means you're so dumb that you're thinking that I think gay people and black people are the same group of people, or you think that gays deserve to be marginalized even more than black people. Or maybe you think that gay people are accepted into society right now with open hands SO MUCH that we shouldn't have to learn about their history... which is even stupider than the first two options. That's like saying "We love the jews so much that we feel a part of them, that we're going to wipe the hollocaust from the history books." AND THEN you go on to say that history should be taught without labels. Like we should wipe the slate clean for america and suggest we NEVER marginalized a fringe group of people ever.

If that's how you want the educational system to teach homosexuality how would that work, "Harvey Milk fought for the constitutional rights of homosexual americans."

"You mean to say that homosexual americans didn't have the same rights as heterosexual americans?"

"No, gays have always been loved and cherished in american society and were given all the best things."

"Then why the fuck did Harvey Milk have to fight for civil rights?!"

"uhhhhhhh errrrr hmmmmm...."

I think you're an idiot sir. IM sorry, but that's what I feel in my heart. That you are a fucking twat who wants to pretend like slavery and gays being burned at the stake with witches NEVER happened.

• 3 weeks later...

What if they're gay people that don't want that kind of attention or wish not to be labeled as being part of a group of people that was persecuted for so many years. A gay person that doesn't want to be seen as someone who was gay but only simply as a person just like everyone else. I believe creating these schooling programs will only create even more separation and isolation. The thought that these people ARE different and that we should learn about them. Kind of the way black history is. There will possibly be more tolerance but a different kind of tolerance. a weird backwards kind of tolerance

Yeah i'm not a fan of that kind of tollerance. Tollerance shouldn't be just people AVOIDING the elephant in the room. I was born in 86 and I was one of two kids in elementary school with divorced parents. The other kid was this dude named hunter who would pick fights so he was unanimously disliked. And as soon as I learned that he was dealing with his parents divorce I understood what he was going through and stopped hating him, while ALL the other kids hated him until the day he moved. I'm sure it's the same way with kids who live with two dads or two moms. They just want someone to fucking talk about the elephant in the room. Same shit when there's two girls or two boys holding hands on a playground. Unless they grow up seeing that shit they're going to think it's weird and brand the two girls holding hands as weird for the rest of their adolescence. If someone calls it out and says, "this might be unusual for this bumfuck town, but it happens in nature and in every other town on the planet, so deal with it." Then kids might not be such giant dicks.

You can do this without branding some kid a faggot his entire life by just saying "two dudes kissing happens. it doesnt mean anything." and just avoid labels.