jay-z vs. nas

Guest bumdigger

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

niseNSF, seeking, i feel you both know whats goin on... and thats not often.

as for everyone else im sure the both of you know what trying to explain it ell do, 9/10, nothing more than you figuring out something else about the whole scenario while the other one goes "whateva nigga"

thats why i dont argue, normally.

but this time....

i was going to keep to myself and watch everyone talk about how much better nas is and how real he is and why "Gay-z" and Cock-A-Fellas so corny in your eyes, but now i dont think i will.

granted i dont know the either of you two, but im confident you two see enough of whats goin on to school the average dude. an dont think i sat around figurin this shit out, but i dont choose sides, even though ive like jay-z since day one, i can probably recite more nas/qb lyrics than most of these uninformed fans can. i just see this beef for what it is while yall get caught up in this petty shit, theres few who see the whole situation.

so go ahead, try an kick knowledge... (get the fuck outta here)

who really cares they suck NOW anyways so really just leave it i got a ryme for both nas and jay-z

ayo...you thought holly wood..but holly wood'nt/

no..na holly could'nt so holly sould'nt so she didnt/

you can keep going back and fourth repeating like a parret/

cause jay-z has a bad habit he likes to act like a man but really is just a fan/and nas dont be a quitter pick up your litter/niether of you are big hitters........///...........

nas torched jay-z. strip away all the extra b.s.--the babymamas, record sales, etc., and look at it as mc vs. mc, lyrics vs. lyrics, and there's no comparison. nas proved himself within the hip hop world, and jay-z only has proved he can sell records, and big fucking deal mace and mc hammer sold records to. jay has skills, but come on--he makes jams for millenium dance party compilation cd's. he's no competition for nas. nas may have fallen off for a while, but jay-z never was. ether is a merciless dis rhyme that exposes jay-z for the dick-rider he is. and for the record, i was told that rocafella is the name of some hip hop cat who was down with jay z, dj clue and all those other clowns--who did in fact die of aids, and the label was named in memorium. nas isn't that dumb.

lord...i finally understand what EMINEM meant when he said "do you even LISTEN to music/or just skim right through it' all you nas fans are seriously like deluded or something. just take the beef songs and put them side by side, compare it for lyricism, wit, breath control, creativity, consistency....jay-z wins in each category...its seriously like not even debateable. nas' ETHER is all hollo, juvenile insults. the only real relevant comments he makes are about how jay-z was on JAZ' dick and was broke when he started.....? well, no shit, nas was broke too, before illmatic, so wheres the shame in that? jay-z has at least like 10 tracks in his catalogue outlining how broke he was before this...how is that a dis? and the fact that JAZ put him on, with original flavor and all that, well, fuck,nas got put on too. in fact it was extra p and Serch that got nas put on. and, unlike jay-z, nas didnt even own (and STILL DOESNT own the masters to illmatic) SERCH still has the publishing to that shit, wheras as jay-z came out of the box with rocafella. in other words, they BOTH got put on when they were broke. but Nas STILL loses most of his royalty points off his only good album to a large-ish whiteboy of "the gasface" fame.....and, oh, surprise, surprise, jay-z pulled THAT card too on the takeover....."nigga you aint get a coin/you was gettin fucked then/i know who i paid, god/Serchlite publishing"

THATS A REAL DISS. saying "you have fat lips" is not even in the same league, in ANY category.

furthermore, nas doesnt have the breath control or delivery of jay-z. he can't write about real shit either...nas is still all dusted out, talkin all this psuedo-ghetto-mysticism crap (see: NASTRADAMUS, IT WAS WRITTEN, I AM).

and finally, the whole argument that jay-z is weak cause he sells (and he sells CIRCLES around nas) is like the fucking kids in highschool who hated pearljam once they got big...that shit is not only immature, its illogical. where is it written that lack of popularity equals quality? the fact that Nas CAN'T make a hit record makes him iller??? huh? following this to a logical conclusion would mean that CANIBUS is even ILLER than NAS and the BAHA MEN are even iller than that....stop smoking crack when you write on here...its not helping.

for real though...obviously a lot of yall are making this into a simple issue of "i like nas, so nas won, or vice versa....and if thats all you think, fine, theres no point talkin to ya anyway. but for the intelligent fans of any music, ESPECIALLY HIPHOP, there are clearly objective qualities that can be weighed in this battle, or any such comparison. as an analogy, say you pick to rock bands, and the facts are similar. sure, if the really shitty rock band is YOUR favorite, you're GONNA make up the logic so that the ends justify the means. but that doens tmean youre right, it just means youre stupid. but if can really be mature and say, hey, lets look at the pros and cons of both...then you can easily discern some objective facts. like in the post i wrote before, just list the pros and cons of both artists.

JAYZ CONS: (does not include anything like size of lips...you idiots)

1. JAY Z has NEVER done anything as ill as illmatic-FACT.

2. JAYZ signed AMIL-fact.

3. JAYZ did wear hawaiian shirts in the 'hawaiian sophie" video"

4. JAYZ has ventured deep into the popular music world

NAS CONS:

1. HAS MADE 5 RECORDS (not including the even worse QB record) of which only one is even listenable all the way through

2. doesnt even own the publishing to that one good record

3. hasnt made an intelligible rhyme since ILLMATIC

4. only hits since ILLMATIC are "OWE ME BACK", (quite possibly the most ignorant and assinie song ever written..you owe me back like 40 acres to blacks????) and "OOCHIE WALLY" (um, does anything need to be said?). this is the kind of music made by someone who wrote NY STATE OF MIND and ONE LOVE, etc....THAT, my friends, is called FALLINGTHE FUCK OFF

JAY Z PROS:

1. vols 1, 2,3, dynasty, record, blueprint. all great records, no crap no filler. reasonable doubt is already a classic in its right (although, admittedly, not of illmatic quality). I.E: no falling off.

2. MEMPHIS BLLEK, BEANIE SIEGEL, FREEWAY...AND TRYING to sign MOP....4 alarm blaze with MOP, proves jay-z is not at all limited to the TRL vision.

3. incredible charisma, witty, funny, great breath control, cadence, timing. (IM ABOUT A DOLLAR/WHAT THE FUCK IS FIFTY CENT??)

4. recent live effort with the roots = willingness to take chances that other nelly-type acts would never do. proves that the dude has a committment to making money, but is not blinded by it.

5. wrote the most on-point diss record ever with the takeover. (and sampled the stone in the process...)

6. has consistently scouted new producers for every project, amking each one a unique outing and a time capsule for that year...from primo ans ski, to swizz, to timbaland, to justblaze, to neptunes...the man in consistently reinventing himself.

NAS PROS:

1. wrote ILLAMTIC - one of the greatest hiphop records ever, hands down, period.

thats it.

add it up. its simple. case closed.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

hahaha, this is fucking great. i can finally relax a bit cause i know that nise is right there saying the exact same shit i would.

lol...i just wrote the same kind of response about u on some thread about bombastic getting boob tats.....weird.....

Guest bumdigger

what is all this shit about nas's other cd's being weak?????

his second: it was written.. anyone of you go toss that in your player now and listen to it all the way through and then run jay-z's shit right behind it. no comparison nas wins on that level.

his next one i am: yeah he did a track with puff then dmx. but nas came through on that cd too. he did try to fuck with some r&b shit but i'm say'n he did it with some style.

and just listen to a nas songs like "nas is like" "nas is coming" "suspect"

jay-z will never be on his level.

im not one to preach on def ears. and i praise nise for puttin it down for everyone who's read his post.

but instead of saying "nas is better period" theres got to be a reason right? well... gimme a reason and ill tell you why your wrong. and if you can argue with that, well you won't be able to other than with sheer ignorance.

i know you nas fans out there can kick knowledge right? so do it. jay-z's the bolder man. hes got his shit together, where as he's still building this "crumbling dynasty" with additions the likes of AZ, Camron, and Cormega, tell me how the bridge is stronger than the R.o.c., how nas is more real, and dont be afraid to hit me with some facts neither. if you do this i know your open to suggestion, and i will gladly smack you with facts back to reality. c'mon dude, wheres the love?

we're focused mannnnnn....

oh ya an tell your boy nas no matter how hard he tries to unite a whole borough against one record company.... they will not win

ok, heres my best shot...

its like chumps out there saying fx sucks cause they only do legal walls...

saying they dont put out the real product, only the pretty walls.

nas still has it, but like i said, hes been lazy. jayz is the young fucker that decided to get his fame by bustin on nas' laziness.

nas is like rips any song jayz put out since 97.

and before that as well.

ether:

(not my favorite song, but still.)

dont write records to disrespect me, blatant or indirectly, in 88, you was gettin chased to your building, calling my phone and i didnt even give you my numbers, all i did was give you a style to run with.

get your self a gun:

(better than superugly, which was put out with the same beat, a lot like someone using anothers style and others saying he burned you with your own shit, right nise?)

my first album had no famous apperances, whats the result, im crowned the best lyricist...

if i got any lyrics wrong, its cause i was listening to it on the radio in my car, windows down, enjoying my lunch break.

i tried to draw some comparisons between rap and graff, for those that might need it to understand the argument.

Originally posted by chozer

jayz is the young fucker that decided to get his fame by bustin on nas' laziness.

haha, every album jay z has put out went platinum, i would hardly say that he is trying to 'get fame' by dissing someone that no one really gives a shit about anymore.

if illmatic had never happend, nas would have been dropped after 'it was written' and thats the gods truth. there were two good songs on that record, 'if i ruled the world' which was a complete rip off made tolerable by lauryn hill, and 'live nigga rap' made tollerable by mobb deep. oh, im sorry, silent murder was real fresh too. other than that, BULLSHIT....

the problem here, is that you all would be hating on jay no matter who he was batteling. i dont want to hate on nas, trust me, illmatic is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all times, but come on... you cant live in the past forever.... if that were the case, public enemy would still be the best rap group in the world.

all rapping skills aside,

i have to admit, that nas beat is really lame..

i was pretty disappointed with that, to say the least..

then i heard the jayz song...shit...his beat crushes the nas beat..

Originally posted by seeking innocence

haha, every album jay z has put out went platinum, i would hardly say that he is trying to 'get fame' by dissing someone that no one really gives a shit about anymore.

if illmatic had never happend, nas would have been dropped after 'it was written' and thats the gods truth. there were two good songs on that record, 'if i ruled the world' which was a complete rip off made tolerable by lauryn hill, and 'live nigga rap' made tollerable by mobb deep. oh, im sorry, silent murder was real fresh too. other than that, BULLSHIT....

the problem here, is that you all would be hating on jay no matter who he was batteling. i dont want to hate on nas, trust me, illmatic is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all times, but come on... you cant live in the past forever.... if that were the case, public enemy would still be the best rap group in the world.

so?

nelly went platinum, does that mean its good?

i wont be able to listen to a jay z album...EVER.

thats the difference, id actually buy illmatic, or possibly even it was written..

the only thing ive bought by either of them was a single of nas is like with dr knockboot on the flip side.

fuck jigga.

Archived