***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i mean that shit makes zero sense... pay two dudes 45million annually for virtually the same player. they have already proven that cabrera cant play left or 3rd for shit so get another 1st baseman? and there is no opt out either. great player bad contract for Det...

Regardless of how bad their defense is going to be (Delmon in LF, Cabrera at third, Prince at first. fucking lulz), that lineup is gonna be scary as hell. In the long term though, the back end (hell, probably back half) of the Fielder contract is going to be terrible for Detroit when they have a $24MM/year DH. Hopefully the Twins have pulled their shit together by then.

However, anything can happen. Verlander, Cabrera, or Fielder go down with an injury and the game changes drastically. I can't say I have particularly high expectations for the Twins this year, but all the people who are clamoring that Detroit is a lock for the playoffs are seriously jumping the gun.

Also, Brewster, you couldnt honestly think that Texas was going to be the team to sign Fielder.

i was not necessarily even saying that the defense is going to be bad as much as paying that much for almost the same player of the same position. dumb

However, anything can happen. Verlander, Cabrera, or Fielder go down with an injury and the game changes drastically. I can't say I have particularly high expectations for the Twins this year, but all the people who are clamoring that Detroit is a lock for the playoffs are seriously jumping the gun.

look at the Redsox last year. everybody had them in or winning the WS... this years "redsox" are the Yankees and Tigers. everyone out with their pom poms and stats... like you said, anything can happen...

All these other teams making moves..., Here's what Adam Dunn has been doing

this offseason in prep for the 2012 season: playing home run derby with his friends.

That is seriously how he is working to get out of his historically bad 2011 season. No joke.

And he's actually telling reporters that he's fixed what was wrong from last season. When the

reporter asked him what the problem was last season, he responded, "I didn't hit well."

Guy is gonna hit 60hr's and have 100(+) rbi's in 2012.:(

fielder and albert contracts, make howards contract look reasonable, although it's not.

valdez traded.

fuckin mad about that.

raj is obsessed with pitching, with the entire infeild rounding the bases on wheelchairs, you go and trade your utility man away, fucking dumb.

boycotting the stadium this year.

im pissed.

I KNO,RAJ IS A FUCKIN NUT, HE THINKS HE'S STEINBRENNER...

LIDGE IS AND WAS 2008.

HE WAS USED SO MINIMALLY LAST SEASON AND HAS BEEN WORKING HARD, HE WANTED TO STAY AND WAS WILLING TO SIGN FOR 1 YEAR HERE FOR CHEAP. RAJ IS A FUCKING IDIOT. HE HAS SOME LEFT IN THE TANK, AND WITH A LIGHT SEASON LAST YEAR I BET HE DOES WELL THIS SEASON. IM OVER IT, BOYCOTTING THE STADIUM.

If we can get like 6-10 people (from this thread), we should do a basic head to head league with 1 week matchups and a decent amount for minimum innings pitched, to prevent people from cheesing ERA and WHIP. I don't know enough about the different draft types to comment on that, but I'm assuming we wouldn't be able to get everyone online at once to do a live draft.

Gonna need at least 2, preferably 4 or 6 more people.

Ferris, since you've actually played before, what would you recommend for the draft type and minimum innings pitched? I'm assuming you do head to head, since roto seems like there would be no rivalry or satisfaction. Also, is ESPN the spot to use, or is there a better site?

Once this gets off the ground, or actual baseball news picks up again, we should probably branch off into a separate thread.

We did Yahoo Fantasy the other times.

spectr was the commish in 2008. We did head-to-head, minimum innings pitched was 9 IP.

As for drafting, we always did the autodraft. You could come back in and edit your team as necessary and get your pick from players available if you didn't like some of your selections.

It was also 0-day waivers.

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Autopick Draft

Draft Time: Sun Mar 16 11:06pm CDT

Max Teams: 16

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 0

Trade End Date: August 24, 2008

Allow Draft Pick Trades: No

Waiver Time: No waivers

Waiver Type:

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum

Min Innings Pitched: 9

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Playoffs: None

Playoff Reseeding: No

Lock Eliminated Teams: No

Divisions: No

Make League Publicly Viewable: No

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Hits (H), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Ground Into Double Play (GIDP), Assists (A), Errors (E), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG), Stolen Base Percentage (SB%), Double Plays Turned (DPT)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Complete Games (CG), Saves (SV), Earned Runs (ER), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), No Hitters (NH), Perfect Games (PG), Inherited Runners Scored (IRA), Quality Starts (QS), Blown Saves (BSV)

Autodraft is convenient in the sense that you don't have to get people across North America together at one time in order to do it.

The two times I played I was dealt some great players, but you also have the pick of the litter of every other person out there that isn't taken.

The stats aren't to be worried about. You throw stats around dude.