Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

RALPH GET ME ONE OF THOSE PENCE BOBBLEHEADS !!!

WENT 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW, GOT SICK SEATS FOR THE BRONSON AROYO START... CHAPMAN IS A BEAST WITH A HUGE UPSIDE... IS HE THE BEST CLOSER OUT THERE RIGHT NOW? WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

THE PENCE HEAD CAME WITH A NOTE FROM PENCE THANKING THE FANS FOR THEIR SUPPORT TALKING ABOUT HOW HE ENJOYED THE ONE YEAR HE WAS HERE... KINDA FUNNY.

I SHUT MY TV SERVICE OFF IN JUNE, IM STRICTLY RADIO, SO NO SPORTCENTER ECT, THAT COMBINED WITH AN ABYSMAL BASEBALL SEASON FOR THE PHILS HAS LED TO MY ABSENCE FROM THIS THREAD AND SITE FOR THAT MATTER... ANYHOW, HOW IS PENCE DOING OUT THERE?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

photo1-13.jpg

photo2-13.jpg

LEE WARMING UP, UPPER DECK SEATS...

photo3-11.jpg

photo4-8.jpg

photo5-6.jpg

KILLER 3RD ROW... 90'S NITE, HAD SOME KOOL 93' CLIPS, THROWBACK PINSTRIPES, SPACEHOG PLAYED...

SO MUCH CAN BE SAID ABOUT THIS SEASON... INJURY, AGE, MANAGEMENT,ECT...

THE BONUS IS, SOUTH JERSEY HAS RETURNED HOME AND THE BANDWAGON HOMOS THAT SHOW UP TO GAMES STRICTLY TO UPDATE THEIR FB STATUS HAVE DISAPPEARED. I SAID PRESEASON, WE WOULD WIN 82 GAMES, SLIP IN AS THE SECOND WILD CARD AND GET KNOCKED OUT IN THE WILDCARD GAME, CHARLIE WOULD GET FIRED AND COLE WOULD WIN A CY YOUNG... REALLY NOT THAT FAR OFF, HOPING THEY LET RYAN SANDBERG TAKE OVER THE HELM. CHARLIES EFFECTIVENESS AND STUBBORNNESS IS CRIPLING THE TEAM, JAUN PIERRE SHOULDA BEEN IN THE LEADOFF SPOT FROM DAY ONE, HIS REFUSAL TO BEND IN A DETRIMENT TO THE TEAM. BROWN GETTING SOME PLAYING TIME IS NICE AND THE EMERGENCE OF KRATZ AND FRANDSEN SHOWS PROMISE FOR THE FUTURE... WHATS UP WITH JOSH LINDBLOM THO? WAS HE GOOD FOR U GUYS? IM NOT IMPRESSED SO FAR...

Profar hit a home run in his first at-bat and doubled the next time up

Profar went 2 for 4 as the first player born in 1993 to play in the majors. He became the youngest major leaguer to hit a homer since his current teammate Adrian Beltre did it in 1998 for the Los Angeles Dodgers, also at 19.

• 2 weeks later...

As bad as the Twins are yet again this year, I still can't fucking believe how well the Willingham deal for 3 years, 21MM is looking to pan out. #3 in the league for RBIs with 105, tied for #7 in the league for HRs with 34, #12 in SLG with .534 and #13 in OPS with .903. Granted, this is a career year for him, but it would not surprise me if he can continue to put up similar numbers for the next two years too. Target Field was made for that guy.

Screenshot2012-09-14at24151PM.png

Dat SLG and OPS at home!

If Terry Ryan actually goes after an ace/2 spot pitcher this offseason, or at least 2 good #2s, the Twins could have potential in 2013. Ace (or good #2)/Some sort of #2/Diamond as our top three, then some combination of De Vries, Deduno, Baker (since I assume we'll decline his option then try to resign him to a cheap one year and see how he bounces back from TJ) for the other 2 spots. Hopefully we don't re-sign Pavano and I would like to imagine I never see Blackburn back on the major league club again. Our bullpen has been a pleasant surprise with Burton and Perkins looking like a pretty dominant setup/closer combo, and guys like Fien making a good impression as 7th inning guys. Our lineup can be really solid with Span, Revere, Mauer, Willingham, Morneau as our top 5, so offense certainly isn't the concern that starting pitching is. Hopefully the 2014 All-Star game is motivation for the Pohlads not to be assholes and cut our payroll yet again, even though we have gorgeous, relatively new stadium. And hopefully Terry Ryan doesn't go out this offseason and load up on a bunch more 4 and 5, pitch to contact, give up a shitload of runs, type of starters.