***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta assume his goal is to prove he can stay healthy and still be a 200 IP type of starter, and then try for a bigger contract next year than he could get now. I don't think anyone is doubting his stuff, but his health is probably a concern for a lot of clubs right now. The 1 year deal will open up a lot more options for him and gives him a season to try to build some extra value for a multi year contract.

What a fucking surprise, the Twins are going to sign another soft tossing, pitch to contact, back of the rotation starter. 33 years old and has just barely broken 130 IP the last two years. Definitely saw it coming, but was really hoping it would be different for once. I wouldn't be upset if we had a good pitching rotation and just needed a 5 spot guy...but we have a terrible rotation and a terrible bullpen. Baker, Pavano, Liriano, Blackburn and Marquis? Depressing.

"The Twins are nearing a deal with free agent starter Jason Marquis, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). ACES represents the 33-year-old right-hander.

Marquis made 23 starts for the Nationals and Diamondbacks this past season, finishing the year with a 4.43 ERA in 132 innings. His rate stats (5.2 K/9, 2.9 BB/9, 55.1% ground ball rate) were right in line with his career averages (5.2 K/9, 3.5 BB/9, 50.4% ground ball rate) and his average fastball checked in at 89.3 mph."

Edit: Hopefully we are at least getting him for cheap so we can do something with our bullpen, since we're going to be seeing them a whole fucking lot.

We have a pitching staff and a minor league system full of pitchers just like him. We need someone who can put up some decent numbers or eat a lot of innings, and he's questionable on both fronts. Sure, it could turn out OK, but we'd be better off giving one of our younger dudes a chance at their league minimum salary and spending that money on a reliever if this is the type of move that we're going to make. It's just frustrating that our attempt to fix our rotation is to possibly sign a guy who is no better than a bunch of players we already have. If we make this move, our only hope is that Baker somehow stays healthy, and Liriano stops being such a fucking head case. Pavano will continue to throw 200 innings with Ok stats and Blackburn is a lost cause as far as I can tell.

At this point, I'm okay with Marquis. It is a low risk deal, and it can possibly work out now that we will have a good infield in place. A healthy Morneau is one of the best defensive 1Bs in the game. Casilla (assuming he gets the starting role) and Carroll can play well up the middle, and Valencia's D is improving at 3B. If he can keep the ball down and continue to have it beat into the ground, he'll be serving his purpose.

The success of the rotation relies heavily on Baker and Liriano. We can count on Pavano and the #4 slot is still up in the air, assuming Marquis goes in the #5.

yea Minor League contract with an invitation to Spring Training. he wont make it to the bigs unless the Yanks are really hurting. his first two years in Boston were great... saw him pitch a few times last year in pawtucket and he was awful... zero command.

The way its looking I don think ill even waste my time watching/keeping up with beisbol this season, if ever again.

The White Sox organization is a joke, from the top to our batting coaches.

KW is a fucking tool, and yet im not surprised we let Buerhle go and traded Carlos Quentin for two fucking AAA pitchers, one sporting a 10 ERA.

What are these retards thinking.

The way its looking I don think ill even waste my time watching/keeping up with beisbol this season, if ever again.

The White Sox organization is a joke, from the top to our batting coaches.

KW is a fucking tool, and yet im not surprised we let Buerhle go and traded Carlos Quentin for two fucking AAA pitchers, one sporting a 10 ERA.

What are these retards thinking.

Oh shit..., we lost Eastwood........., AGAIN.

abandonshiphb.jpg

In other news..., picked these up yesterday. The skullie is nice, but it's 50f outside.

hats1.jpg

hats2u.jpg

hats5.jpg

hats6.jpg

Man you have to be the funniest guy on 12oz.

and your image skills are impeccable.

And everything you just posted is ugly as fuck, im sorry you actually paid for any of that shit.

Id post my Sox gear, but you'd probably feel all bad about yourself.

and sorry you follow blindly, I just find it hard to watch a team that dosent try to win.

Also glad that your Bear's suck a fat cock and my team's a favorite to win it all.

Enjoy being a fan of the most boring sport on Earth, beisbol just blows.

What indication did I give I was butthurt?

I know you live in a state where its usually like 10 degrees and all you look forward to is your shitty baseball team but if you think im butthurt over a sports team you're sadly mistaken.

I could give a fuck, sports are sports and Football, Basketball, and fuck even soccer are better than beisbol. Its a fucking snoozefest

I complain because ive been a sox fan for over a decade and every year they are on the decline, not due to competition but due to stupid trades, letting our actual good players walk, and trading for nonsense.

I was talking about it because I still and always will love my team, its kinda like the ''Love my country, hate my government'' bullshit.

If they had something to be excited about yes id watch their games, and to be honest yes I still think its a snoozefest now that ive been to NFL games.

Its not even comparable, its like a handjob next to a threesome.

Well if youre a vikings fan I cant say I blame you.

As much as bigdoughtnut asshole wants to make it seem im not a fairweather fan, its just dissapointing when your team dosent seem like it wants to win.

if you try and fail youre still my horse if you dont win another race, but when you make no honest attempt to put yourself in a position to win and satisfy your fans, which is the whole reason any of those organizations can exist its just a little off putting.

I'm not a football fan in general. I definitely understand the frustration, as the Twins FO is full of idiots, but I still enjoy the game. Do the white sox at least have some potential stars in their minor league system who might show up in the bigs in the next year or 2? I don't have the time or energy to follow much minor league shit outside of the Twins organization or the really big name prospects.