***2012 MLB AMERICAS PAST TIME THREAD***

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twins sign Joel Zumaya, and there are some rumors kicking around that we're high up in the running for Oswalt, if the Rangers don't snag him.

I don't really know how I feel about Zumaya, given the fact that he hasn't pitched since June of 2010 and has an awful injury history. However, it is really a no risk type of signing at $800K if he doesn't hit any incentives. I'm sure he's not going to be the 100+ mph fireballer that he used to be, but if he can still hit mid to high 90s and works on his secondary pitches to make up for the loss of velocity, he could definitely be a good addition to our pen if he can stay healthy. Just like the majority of the Twins roster for 2012, there are a whole lot of "if's".

In terms of Oswalt, the rumor is that we've offered him somewhere in the ballpark of $17M for a 2 year contract. Definitely goes against all the talk of him wanting a 1 year deal, but who really knows how much weight any of the online rumors hold. Apparently he wants to pitch in Texas, but it all boils down to the Yu Darvish deal.

Joel Pineiro he got a minor league deal with us and will likely come up for middle relief. What's the book on him ? Also 49 year old Jamie Moyer getting a minor league deal with the Rockies. I'm salty about this, I thought for sure phils would keep him just for veteran presence n eventual pitching coach promotion within. Sherm stick got 1yr at 15mil. Raj talkin about long term deals around spring training. If they let him walk after the big Roy n cliff contracts I'll me UMAD as hell. Valdez, our Colombian refugee utility man got 1yr at a mil also. Great to see both guys back.

ugh what a fucking snooze fest for the Boston off season thusfar...

Ellsbury one year deal...WOW ONE FULL YEAR!

Saltalamacchia one year deal.. yea another good player inked for ONE fucking year...

Bailey the new closer?? yeaaaa thats gonna be good. fingers crossed on that guy.

Ryan Sweeney the other "gritty" player from Oakland trade... yawn

very excited for a bigger sergio romo this year, I fucking love his stuff

*FIXED

CJ JUST NEEDED A CHANGE OF SCENERY, ALTHOUGH HE "FAILED" U GUYS IN THE POST-SEASON, I THINK A MOVE AND A LEARNING EXPERIENCE COULD MAKE HIM SOLID...

DARVISH WILL PAN OUT, REMEMBER, I HAD A FEELING...

BUT IM NOT GUARANTEEING 1ST SEASON SUCESS.

Longtime MLB shortstop Orlando Cabrera said on a Colombian radio station that he will retire from baseball, reports ElHeraldo.co. Cabrera spent 15 seasons in the Major Leagues, winning two Gold Gloves and collecting 2,055 hits along the way.

The 37-year-old Colombia native signed with the Expos in 1993, made his MLB debut four years later and played for Montreal until the Red Sox traded for him in 2004. After winning a championship in Boston, Cabrera moved on to the Angels, White Sox, Athletics, Twins, Reds, Indians and Giants. He retires with a .272/.317/.390 career batting line, 123 home runs and 216 stolen bases. Baseball-Reference pegs his career wins above replacement at 18.3 and his career earnings at $51.7MM.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/orlando-cabrera-to-retire.html